• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Who stole my pet moose? - Canadians Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
I decided to start with Moe and sunfan cause they're easiest.
sup Deku
Enjoying your munchies?
Idk why I quoted this except I don't get the joke.
I can read this in a "sunfan dumped in a new setting" and it works
he gets bonus points for being on the SMS wagon and sheeping a town read
given the wagons were so close there is no way sunfan specifically lets a partner die here

so funnier and sunfan town, we have an IC too IIRC?
leaning gumball town but this is more trusting funnier's read, which I believe is an acceptable move here
Sunfan replaced into VFD so not entirely new setting. Storma is also an interesting choice but that doesn't necessarily tell me anything.

I don't know that I agree with other things, of course I don't know him as well as you, but if I was sunfan (and I am) I'd want to play it safe and go for the long game since most of us have no idea how to read him rather than not bus.
sunfan you still owe me an avatar change for not making it Star
so please change your avatar to Star so that we can be nemeses
He's Solaire and that's final.
I agree with gumball in that if I had to pick out a scum on the vote, I would lean towards funnier
I need thought process, much thought process.
I do not like this but I think it makes sense
Wouldn't it actually make less sense though? How crazy do you have to be to claim your name as mafia without even knowing anything about your character?
here's a hot take: the SMS wagon is pure
someone tell me the over/under on that
I don't like it, I feel like on any scum wagon you must account for at least one bus. In this case I feel that it's out of sunfan and Minish. Not that I'm particularly scum reading those two, but they both have the capacity to trick me.
eh, I will scumhunt later
I have lame and boring real life priorities like being 21

drinking is not something on my birthday to do list! It would inhibit my scumhunting ability
I quoted the first just to say please don't drink I need you uninhibited lol.
I kinda like Minish
someone tell me if I should like Minish or not ty in advance
You like Minish. You sheep all her reads. You either win the game or are betrayed utterly.
I think
Vote: A Link In Time
Is where I am at
This is a nice place to be, I like that place, I've been there before. Its not even midnight and I can already feel myself losing sanity. I don't want to vote him at this moment though because I want to hear his thoughts first.

As for my thoughts on you, Moe. You're making sense. You're reading me correctly. You're sheeping my reads. You're making actual posts that are directed at people and not the void. I'm scared. I wanna trust but it's a trap. I'll be watching you Wazowski. Please be town you're the only one making sense! :kawaii:

I'm going to take a shower and be back for part two, this time with a probable large increase in caps and frustration.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hello friends. This is just a friendly reminder that the multiquote button exists! From now on, please try to avoid posting more than three or four times in a row if the content of said posts could easily be contained in one.

Vote count coming soon, carry on as you were.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Sorry if I make any mistakes/don't make sense sometimes in this post. I just woke up and even tried to post a blank post before this instead of inserting quotes.

this was his other vote before he started voting to save himself. again, it has the potential to indicate a scumbud. for the time being, this is where I'm placing my vote.

LG is feeling like a pretty big town read today. I mean, she already did from the SMS vote, but her posts today have really solidified that. She's making a lot of sense and very actively scumhunting.

here's a hot take: the SMS wagon is pure
someone tell me the over/under on that

Kinda feeling the same tbh. Usually it would feel like there was a bus, but how it played out puts me at thinking it may be all town. Funnier and LG were the ones originally on it. Then funnier made a post pushing for more votes on SMS or he was going to switch for self pres. If funnier were scum, he could've pres voted without the push for SMS and kept a scumbud alive. Then me and sunfan voted at basically the same time, when again we could've let funnier flip to another vote instead of going with SMS. I had already made my case for Deku, it would've been easy to just stick with him instead of losing a scumbud day 1 if I were scum.

I kinda like Minish
someone tell me if I should like Minish or not ty in advance

You should like me friend. :)

I haven’t read fully, I just got off work. I’m feeling a huge tangle of emotions so I’m going to have to reply to everyone separately but I want to say what the heck LG I thought we were cool! How on earth do you make the progression that I’m scum?

Why did you have to change your avatar? It keeps confusing me and for some reason I kept reading this post as coming from Alit. Lol

Anyways, I can kinda see the reasoning behind thinking that if there is one scum on the SMS wagon, that you're not a bad choice for it. I already said why I don't think that's the case, but it could've been a case of "everyone vote sms or I'm flipping" in a chance to make it look like you were pushing a scumbud but also had reason to jump ship on voting him so that if he flipped later you could use the day 1 push. But then 3 people piled on and you couldn't exactly unvote then. But that's quite a bit of reaching and paranoia, which is why I'm going with the simpler town funnier move.

If we think we're looking at 3 scum in the game, I'm pretty content with placing all of the SMS wagon in a town group for now, since we're one scum down and no one died during the night.

Of the others, I kinda feel like putting Doc in my town reads too. His post today felt like town Doc and he just unvoted funnier and didn't place a vote after to potentially try to save SMS if they were scumbuds.

LG made a good point about Aussie, but I'm not sure if a single vote from scum is enough right now to scum read them.

Deku I'm still split on. But I feel like if I keep focusing on him I'm gonna get tunnel vision. And funnier seems to think this is town Deku, so I'm gonna keep an eye on him for now.

I'm gonna have to reread this day again to see how I feel about Moe. Not getting strong town vibes, but no strong scum vibes either. Feel like he could be one to look into though.

The others are pretty neutral at this point. But it's going to be hard for me to narrow down my group of suspects since three of them (deku, storma, Alit) I always feel come off as scummy, and two are new to zd (Aussie and Zinn). Maybe that's why I'm feeling kinda ifffy of Moe since he doesn't fall into either category.

funnier6

Courage~
Why am I not sleeping. I should be sleeping. Man I love playing mafia!
***** no i wasn't lmfao
Okay, this is like the first thing I saw when I started reading and it hit me right in the illogical detector at full speed. First, LG fren, I had just posted why I felt that sms was scummy, don't you know I said you're wrong as a meme because you said "feel free to tell me I'm wrong"? You know me better than this. :kawaii:
out of all people he chose funnier to turn on
I'm assuming he was looking at a vote count where we were still close in votes and thought he could still save himself. Way too late at night for me to find which vote count that might be.
out of all the people voting, if i had to choose someone who looked the worst it'd be funnier but i don't really suspect him right now. his vote was stated as more of a survival thing, but imo if it was truly a survival thing he would've voted for someone who already had other votes on them. SMS didn't have any.
I just don't understand this? I literally went out of my way to get sms lynched over Deku when if we were scum together lynching Deku would've been the easiest and most natural thing to do. And actually as you point out, I was not lyching sms for self preservation, sms was who I wanted to lynch regardless. Deku was who I said I would self pres to if I had to. What am I missing here?
also while checking back apparently i wasn't the first one to vote sms it was funnier lmao nice. i thought i spearheaded the lynch but i didn't
So does that mean you understand now? :sweat:
Silence
Bad
How would you know Deku you've never seen scum Moe either.
moe pls. you are taking up entire pages by yourself. consider consolidating your thoughts, for my sanity :kawaii:
Looks like that'll be less of a problem now.
i think i agree with this. i just don't see minish or sunfan securing the death of a scumbud, and hero is obviously town. i think i'm town and i've explained my thoughts on funnier.
I can see it for both. I think you're town too but you're pinging me in so many weird ways. Also no you have not!
I think the only other one I know from this game is Deku
Um excuse me?
I'm leaning towards the SMS could have been pure
No, we don't say pure here don't conform to his leet mafia lingo! Could have been "town".
This is only me having war flashbacks to Jojo Mafia where I was convinced Minish and SMS couldn't have been scumbuds and turned out to be wrong.
You and me both brother.
it would have been easy for her to just not be active and let someone besides SMS die
This is my exact and concise entire reasoning for Minish being town. It hasn't let me down yet but we'll see.
Lynching actives is something funnier seems to prefer vs. inactives.
I'm glad I remembered you were town before diving into dissecting your post. Also, that's right! For a lot of reasons.
Someone mentioned that he looked like he was trying to be town leader, and from what I can tell, that's just the way he plays.
I don't like calling it town leader, I'm loud and bossy and try to win the game! lol

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I decided to start with Moe and sunfan cause they're easiest.

Idk why I quoted this except I don't get the joke.

Sunfan replaced into VFD so not entirely new setting. Storma is also an interesting choice but that doesn't necessarily tell me anything.
Yeah, I remembered he was replaced into that game but there was already a lot out there for him to build off of, this is his first d1 and I think his behavior here fits in that world
Bussing here would be... uncharacteristic of him, not saying it's impossible
I don't know that I agree with other things, of course I don't know him as well as you, but if I was sunfan (and I am) I'd want to play it safe and go for the long game since most of us have no idea how to read him rather than not bus.
mhmm
He's Solaire and that's final.
apparently he doesn't even like dark souls
I killed solaire for fun he dropped cool stuff
I need thought process, much thought process.

Wouldn't it actually make less sense though? How crazy do you have to be to claim your name as mafia without even knowing anything about your character?
I more mean that it makes sense for a carefree townie to provide that kind of reasoning, which is why I do not necessarily like it because it isn't the best attitude for a townie to have
I don't like it, I feel like on any scum wagon you must account for at least one bus. In this case I feel that it's out of sunfan and Minish. Not that I'm particularly scum reading those two, but they both have the capacity to trick me.
I mean it is a five player wagon and sms himself is scum so the odds are quite a bit higher than normal in my mind. I do not think anybody busses here from the beginning, maybe after the ship is sunk.

I quoted the first just to say please don't drink I need you uninhibited lol.
I will never drink
You like Minish. You sheep all her reads. You either win the game or are betrayed utterly.

This is a nice place to be, I like that place, I've been there before. Its not even midnight and I can already feel myself losing sanity. I don't want to vote him at this moment though because I want to hear his thoughts first.
I think it is the right place to be
As for my thoughts on you, Moe. You're making sense. You're reading me correctly. You're sheeping my reads. You're making actual posts that are directed at people and not the void. I'm scared. I wanna trust but it's a trap. I'll be watching you Wazowski. Please be town you're the only one making sense! :kawaii:

I'm going to take a shower and be back for part two, this time with a probable large increase in caps and frustration.
you are wrong because I scum read you and you turned out to be town
So lol the curse stays another game
If i am making sense it is too late for you

funnier6

Courage~
I will keep all my content in one post so long as all the content included occurs to me before I hit the post button
Try to think for more than 0.01 seconds before clicking post. :P
Why did you have to change your avatar? It keeps confusing me and for some reason I kept reading this post as coming from Alit. Lol
You don't like it? :kawaii: And lol I didn't realize they were so similar. XD I liked the way it looked on bulba so I thought I might as well change it here too and see how it fits. It seems a little bit more accurate than my old one on what I'm like lol.
Of the others, I kinda feel like putting Doc in my town reads too. His post today felt like town Doc and he just unvoted funnier and didn't place a vote after to potentially try to save SMS if they were scumbuds
Same, getting strong town Doc vibes.
Deku I'm still split on. But I feel like if I keep focusing on him I'm gonna get tunnel vision. And funnier seems to think this is town Deku, so I'm gonna keep an eye on him for now.
I wouldn't say I'm sure, though if you look at it from the direction that we were split on day 1 on lynching this scum or that scum, surely he can't be. I've got my eye on him but not expecting much.
I'm gonna have to reread this day again to see how I feel about Moe. Not getting strong town vibes, but no strong scum vibes either. Feel like he could be one to look into though.
I feel like there's just no way we'd know he was scum but that might just be me. Feels like we'd just end up assigning him one alignment or another out of paranoia and I don't like listening to paranoia. It's similar to the case of Deku.
The others are pretty neutral at this point. But it's going to be hard for me to narrow down my group of suspects since three of them (deku, storma, Alit) I always feel come off as scummy, and two are new to zd (Aussie and Zinn). Maybe that's why I'm feeling kinda ifffy of Moe since he doesn't fall into either category.
My gut says scum are here, in the (ALIT, AE, Zinn) block. Also maybe sunfan. Those are the four I most distrust at the moment but they're all not really here. I'm not excluding storma but I don't feel the normal scummy vibes. I think I might just vote ALIT with Moe since I feel like I can read him the best out of that group of people.

Vote: ALIT

I want more thoughts from that entire group, but what else is new.

funnier6

Courage~
apparently he doesn't even like dark souls
I killed solaire for fun he dropped cool stuff
I'm not sure if I'm more betrayed and saddened by the first thing or the second thing.
I more mean that it makes sense for a carefree townie to provide that kind of reasoning, which is why I do not necessarily like it because it isn't the best attitude for a townie to have
Oh, you're doing that thing where you examine based on optimal behavior again. What do you see as optimal in that situation? Just curious.

Okay I'm really actually totally going to sleep now. Try not to burn the place down.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I'm not sure if I'm more betrayed and saddened by the first thing or the second thing.
Oh, you're doing that thing where you examine based on optimal behavior again. What do you see as optimal in that situation? Just curious.

Okay I'm really actually totally going to sleep now. Try not to burn the place down.
I see actually giving good reasons to vote for you as optimal?? Like voting for you because you suggested nameclaiming is entirely valid imo. I do not like their reasons but I can understand the headspace they might be in where it makes sense for them to behave this way, if that makes sense

And I killed him because I already discovered his fate from the sun maggot :(

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
what the heck LG I thought we were cool! How on earth do you make the progression that I’m scum?
read closer bb i literally said i don't really suspect you, i just think if there must be scum on the wagon i'd pick you. i typed all that out assuming you were the second player on the wagon but actually you were the first. it does change my perspective some.

i didn't quote it but you corrected my understanding of your vote, i was really just trying to get the post done lmao but thanks for the extra insight buddy it genuinely helps me feel more confident in your town-ness.
First, LG fren, I had just posted why I felt that sms was scummy, don't you know I said you're wrong as a meme because you said "feel free to tell me I'm wrong"? You know me better than this. :kawaii:
yea i know u were jokin
i was also having a goof pal
i thought the "lmfao" was a clue but perhaps i should have been more obvious about it. my b :pikalove:
Also no you have not [explained thoughts on funnier]!
i have! if i were forced to pick a scum out of the wagon it would be you, but i do not currently suspect you. u even quoted it buddy. i think you're town rn. have a chill pill my guy

ZinnLav

Zinnie-chan
Sorry, I've been doing other things today, the update came at 8am I didn't get out of bed until like midday, and I've been watching Netflix xP
It's like almost 8pm now, only 12 hours passed, no biggie.

Anyway I can tell you Doc is someone Tristin Likes (aka he's Town)

ZinnLav

Zinnie-chan
My sanity too.

Yes, though it's a little late for joke voting. If you are going to vote (And unless I missed one, this is the only vote so far this phase), please explain why you are going to vote.

Does it really? I mean, Zinn's reasoning here feels like fluff to me. They're voting funnier because it's funny?

I agree that the SMS bandwagon looks pure... At least for now. There is no reason to bus a scumbuddy this early in the game. Though Funnier's attempt to get everyone to claim is still suspicious.

However, I am going to Vote: ZinnLav

Assuming Funnier is town, then Zinn's vote just doesn't sit well with me. They're voting Funnier because it's funny? Plus this is a player I actually have experience playing with. I think the only other one I know from this game is Deku.

So you're voting me for a joke vote that I unvoted in the end when it stopped being funny? You yourself say funnier asking for name claims was suspicious.
Make up your mind. If you flip it around and make the assumption that I'm town than does that make my vote on funnier make him scum?
Your reasoning makes no sense to me.

VOTE: AussieEevee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom