• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Knows Japanese?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
There are many dialects, and many people talk differently. And Kansai Dialect can be funny cause they sometimes talk through to fast or through their nose.
And Watching Anime and learning Japanese from it is only doing half the job, but still your good not thinking them as the norm. Nothing in Anime is real in japan, the jokes and exaggerations are not real.

As to Sarianae, I think it`s better to ask someone else, cause I`m not always available, though I am for awhile, When I get busy, I leave suddenly without a word.
How do you mean nothing in Anime isn't real in Japan! *shock* D:

No kawaii Sailor fuku? No Moe? No tsundere's? No gundam's going pew pew? No blond people going kamehameha? No God girls who wants to meet meet aliens, time travelers and espers? No notebooks killing people? No Miku's dancing Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya?

Nooooooo, Ore no yume...zenbu wa uso datta no ka? Kami yo, nande?!

But seriously, Like I said before its not like I was aiming to learn it. But I always found japanese culture interesting, not just anime but also the historical and shinto stuff. Oh and fooooood...japanese food is delicious. But i must admit, I'm an amateur when it comes to chopsticks. I do know the proper etiquette with it though. Never again will I spear my food in a japanese restaurant.

Even my room is decorated asian (not only japanese) style. I got two katana's ( An ōdachi and a ninjatō to be exact) oh and a tantō.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
How do you mean nothing in Anime isn't real in Japan! *shock* D:

No kawaii Sailor fuku? No Moe? No tsundere's? No gundam's going pew pew? No blond people going kamehameha? No God girls who wants to meet meet aliens, time travelers and espers? No notebooks killing people? No Miku's dancing Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya?

Nooooooo, Ore no yume...zenbu wa uso datta no ka? Kami yo, nande?!

But seriously, Like I said before its not like I was aiming to learn it. But I always found japanese culture interesting, not just anime but also the historical and shinto stuff. Oh and fooooood...japanese food is delicious. But i must admit, I'm an amateur when it comes to chopsticks. I do know the proper etiquette with it though. Never again will I spear my food in a japanese restaurant.

Even my room is decorated asian (not only japanese) style. I got two katana's ( An ōdachi and a ninjatō to be exact) oh and a tantō.

Uso janai desu.
Jodan janai, kore wa honto dayo!

Well there are things, what you say, but as either jobs, cosplayers or anything to do with anime shops. The most common is a cosplay cafe where people cosplay as characters serve people with overpriced menus and popular eye candies, like Haruhi Suzumiya in a bunny girl outfit and serving you melon soda haruhi style. Other than that people here are hard workers and go on their daily lives and do things naturally. And seriously, too much Haruhi much? Though She has invaded AKihabara. Man she is everywhere. Her face is at EVERY Store. I guess the next novel is coming out then, in May 25. Not gonna get it, I`ll get owned by the hardcore players. Using CHopsticks takes time. I think of it as holding two blades of a scissor without the hinge that`s holding them together.

For fun, listen to this. If you love anime, J-Games, and other Japanese references, you`ll love this:
[video=youtube;MxIuvsL_EMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxIuvsL_EMk[/video]
Let`s see you sing along. If you can`t understand, then find the video with singalongs. This is getting off topic already so I`ll stop.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I would...the problem is I'm not sure who else knows japanese. I would normally ask my japanese teacher, but my semester ended and I think it would be slightly strange for me to email her in the middle of the summer asking about how to correctly write a random japanese sentence.

^ In that video they included Nowhere from MADLAX!!!!! *shocked* I love Madlax :D I wouldn't have thought it to be popular enough to be on there though, especially compared to a lot of the other stuff in there. Like Haruhi. And Lucky Star. And Touhou. And Vocaloid. And MORE Touhou. Yeah....

Off-topic: K4KING, I strongly approve of Black Rock Shooter in your sig ^^

Last edited:

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I would...the problem is I'm not sure who else knows japanese. I would normally ask my japanese teacher, but my semester ended and I think it would be slightly strange for me to email her in the middle of the summer asking about how to correctly write a random japanese sentence.

^ In that video they included Nowhere from MADLAX!!!!! *shocked* I love Madlax :D I wouldn't have thought it to be popular enough to be on there though, especially compared to a lot of the other stuff in there. Like Haruhi. And Lucky Star. And Touhou. And Vocaloid. And MORE Touhou. Yeah....

Off-topic: K4KING, I strongly approve of Black Rock Shooter in your sig ^^

Ehh. Me, I would ask anyone politely, even if may seem a little embarrassing. Your learning after all, and you might as well ask what kanji to use for a certain sentence. Some kanjis could only be used with a spcific sentence, because some kanji may have the same meaning, but may represent different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom