• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is the Goddess of Time In Majora's Mask

Actually I don't think it would. Time is irrelevant to a Goddess of it. She could simply be helping her people from a time in the past like she did in skyward sword. Further more she still is as zelda.

You missed the point, Hylia is no longer a deity. Since she is no longer a deity she can not be the Goddess of Time.

M

Majora'sDeity

Don't take me lightly because I just joined. MM is my favorite game period. I've heard MANY theories of the stone tower representing the tower of babel, the 4th Triforce piece. However, I do not believe these rumors, they are interesting. To me, some people go into game's depths too much and make too much of a deal about it. I'm not saying this thread is, there's many theories Nayru's the Goddess of time. Here's MY proof: I don't own Oracle of ages, but I own the manga. In the manga, they're is a Goddess nanme Nayru, the Goddess of law and time. So, my conclusion is Nayru is simply, and in fact, the Goddess of time. 1. Nayru's "color" is Blue, 2. Nayru is the oracle of ages/law, and 3. She's mentioned in Oracle of ages she's the Goddess of Time.

zellinkda

one of many
of everything I have heard or seen about Majora's Mask, I come to a realization that majora's mask is a loose thread that will never have the pieces put together, since It was link's personal journey of finding himself. he didn't come looking for adventure, and all he really really wanted was space. there wasn't a goddess of time or even a princess of termina. It's a loose thread that doesn't fit with any part of hyrule, and there wasn't even a triforce. so I say no goddess of time.

The Goddess of Time is analogous to a protector of Hyrule and therefore does not belong in a parallel world such as Termina. In that respect, Majora's Mask has a dreamy atmosphere similar to Majora's Mask where relatively few series references are seen.

As for Nayru being the Goddess of Time, I don't believe the evidence you present is sufficient to draw such a conclusion from. It doesn't matter that Zelda was known as the "Sage of Time", Farore could be just as likely seeing as how it was Link who ultimately saved the world from peril and wielded the legendary Ocarina of Time.

Personally, none of the three goddesses first mentioned by the Great Deku Tree in Ocarina of Time are the Goddess of Time.

there wasn't a goddess of time or even a princess of termina. It's a loose thread that doesn't fit with any part of hyrule, and there wasn't even a triforce. so I say no goddess of time.

There wasn't a need for a Princess of Termina, there was a mayor of Clock Town, Deku King/Princess, can't remember if the Zora had a political structure, the Gorons had an elder, and I figure Gerudo did as well. However, we don't see the entire world so there may have been a higher authority somewhere. As for "no goddess of time" you provide no basis to substantiate that claim and it contradicts what Zelda says in game.

Don't take me lightly because I just joined. MM is my favorite game period. I've heard MANY theories of the stone tower representing the tower of babel, the 4th Triforce piece. However, I do not believe these rumors, they are interesting. To me, some people go into game's depths too much and make too much of a deal about it. I'm not saying this thread is, there's many theories Nayru's the Goddess of time. Here's MY proof: I don't own Oracle of ages, but I own the manga. In the manga, they're is a Goddess nanme Nayru, the Goddess of law and time. So, my conclusion is Nayru is simply, and in fact, the Goddess of time. 1. Nayru's "color" is Blue, 2. Nayru is the oracle of ages/law, and 3. She's mentioned in Oracle of ages she's the Goddess of Time.

I don't think it's Nayru, although still possible. But in Ocarina of Time Nayru is referred to as the Goddess of Wisdom. Unless the big 3 have dual roles which is possible but no game (and the manga isn't canon) has ever applied such a role to her (or the others) as far as I'm aware.

Over9000Gingers

I want fries.
Just to point out... I don't know if anybody already did.... But the temple on the sealed grounds had a gate of time and a colossus statue of Hylia.

But I don't know much about this sort of stuff.

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
I don't think it's ANY of the 3 godesses OR Hylia. If they were, than the Godess of Time would be inextricably linked to the Triforce, and seeing as there's no mention of the Triforce in Majora's Mask (the only game of consequence in this argument) it could NOT be any of those four. Personally, I think that the Godess of Time is something of a folk godess, like Mother Earth in real life.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Norm: Actually MM shows you some wonderful silhouettes in places of an inverse Triforce. So there's certainly allusions to speak of, if nothing else.

P

piraka12

i think it is a other god in the world of termina because the song of time works differntly in MM and the OoT is a special item to call uon the gods for help so it just calls the goddes of time there who helps him in his quest

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
I just think Zelda is the Sage of Time. She is called the Goddess of Time in OoT and she holds the Ocarina of Time which is passed down from generation to generation. So it makes sense that she would be the goddess of time.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Din: Goddess of power
Nayru: Goddess of wisdom
Farore: Goddess of Courage
Hylia: Goddess of the races on hyrule

None of these goddesses could be the goddess of time. In my opinion, the goddess of time is the Termina reflection of Hylia. But this is just a speculation.

The Goddess of Time seems to be an unknown figure that may not even exist at all. She might just be a figure of rhetoric. One thing that's almost certain is that she has no affiliation with Hyrule whatsoever. Not only this, but she is most likely not one of the Golden Goddesses or Hylia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom