• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is More Annoying: Fi or Navi?

Fi or Navi: Who is the most anoying sidekick?

• Fi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChuChuOfTime

Fish. Citizen of Foo
I don't know if there's already been a thread like this but I was wondering who everybody else thought is worse.
I think that Fi has started to get annoying with stating the obvious all the time and may be worse than Navi, but there's always Navi's famous HEY! LISTEN!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Fi by a long run. I hate her voice, cannot stand her jibberish talk (seriously, Nintendo if you want to have voice acting, PLEASE do it right), and like you said she states the obvious a LOT more than Navi would. At least Navi is [mostly] optional, whereas we HAVE to listen to Fi during cutscenes and the like. *cringe*

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
I like Fi's voice, sounds robotic and fits the way she talks. The only thing I found annoying is when she reminds me that the batteries are about to run out. -.-

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Fi has these speeches that make me go insane every time I have to go back because I didn't save, which happens alot. (and isn't Fi spelled phi?)

-KingJason

Superficies Rex
Fi by far, It really ticks me off when she throws in the percentages, I'm like "Hey Stupid" you are 100% correct so shut up. maybe if the game actually included the 35% that Zelda didn't go to the next temple, and you had to go go somewhere else to make her go to the temple or something, that would be better.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
HEY! I calculate an 85% probability that Navi is more annoying than Fi. ;)

My decision comes down to the tutorials. Navi forces you to go through the same tutorials each time through the game, and they're for the simplest things. This is how you open a door! This is how you dive! This is how you move a block! These tutorials also interrupt the flow of OoT as well. With Fi, though, you can skip over the tutorials, and even then, they don't interrupt the game's flow nearly as much. I actually don't mind Fi telling me my batteries are low; in fact, I think it's a helpful reminder. It's more annoying when she tells you that your hearts are low.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I feel Fi interupts gameplay more than she needs at times, telling me things that were plain obvious and I didn't need any hint at all to figure out. I'm not particularily fond of being "forced to listen" to what they have to say, but I can't say I find Navi or Fi particularily *annoying* tho. I guess it takes a lot to annoy me or something. I have no problem with how Fi talks, I actually find it pleasant to listen to as I read the text. I only wish she could stop interupting gameplay that often. Sometimes there should be an option as to whether or not we are interested in getting hints/advise from her, considering we don't always need it.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Fi Vs Navi - Who Takes the Medal for Most Anoying Sidekick?

I think Fi wins out on this one for constantly repeating to you exactly what was just explained in the cutscene you watched not 2 seconds ago.

Fi... definitely. Navi said only interrupted in the FIRST dungeon, and from there she was ignorable. Fi on the other hand... Miss State-the-Obvious, constantly told me what was going on despite the fact I was halfway through the game. She was partially ignorable but not like Navi was...

Fi is more annoying simply because sometimes she pops out of your sword just to tell you something you already know, AND she does it in the MOST BORING way possible. Percentages and technical talk. Great so now we have a companion that interrupts your journey, stating nothing more than the obvious, and they don't even make her interesting. Cool.

I actually love Fi and Navi. Navi because she is so lovely to Link, and she makes me laugh whenever I target, a sign for example, and her random phrase is "Watch Out!" and I like Fi because if I am really getting stuck, I go to her hints, and can usually figure it out without having to go on a walkthrough for a quick task.

In general, I enjoy the companions you get in Zelda games, because I'm not the greatest gamer in the world as far as technical things go.

Gizmo

Isn't it Captain Keeta?!
Navi is like "Hey listen!" but Fi is like "Hey listen to all that trivial, repetitive stuff no one cares for or I will blink and beep until you are deeeeaaaaad." So yes, Fi is much more annoying. I hate that thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom