• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Are the Whales?

Just a quick question for anyone smarter than me...

There are five whales in the games I have beaten so far and I don't know if they are all connected or what...

So if anyone has sincere ideas or proofs on if the are related or connected or the same, that would be awesome!

Whales: Jabun, Jabu-Jabu, Ocean King, Levias, the Windfish

Last edited:
I'm assuming that the three whales will probably be Lord Jabu Jabu, Oshus and Jabun. (However, it would be helpful if you could clear it up)
I always thought Jabu Jabu and Jabun were related somehow, maybe Jabu Jabu is Jabun but through many years of legends and myths his name got slightly changed?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Jabu Jabu and Jabun are fish, not whales. I know that's a nitpick, but it's, well, true.

Now, Jabu Jabu and Jabun are the only ones that are related. Jabu Jabu and Jabun are the same fish, only their names are different for some reason. (At least I assume they are.) The others have no connection whatsoever.

F

Forgotten Hero

So the order of them is Levias, Jabu-Jabu, adult timeline Jabun, then Ocean King, Hero's defeated timeline, jabu-jabu (again), Wind Fish. It might be possible that Levias (after the events of Skyward Sword) descended to the surface for his job had been completed and created his own line of descendants that all had an important role to play and to help when the need came forth.

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
Jabu-Jabu and Jabun are almost definitely connected. I say almost because I don't have any actual evidence to prove it, other than their names. One observation to note is that neither of the two can be simply spoken to. Jabun only makes conversation in Old Hylian.

The above two have no relation to the Wind Fish or Levias. where these two are deities related to the sky, Jabu-Jabu and Jabun are deities of water. To back this argument even more, Jabu-Jabu is a "Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound of water splashing" (sourced from Zeldawiki).

However, I do think that the Wind Fish and Levias are somehow related. But this is only hunch, as I don't have any evidence whatsoever and I am yet to play LA.

Oshus most definitely has no relation to all four others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom