• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Which Zelda Game Was the Most Influential?

Most influential

• Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A link to the Past

• Links Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majoras Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• 4 Swords

• 4 Swords Adventure's

• Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Zelda isn't even close to being the "Best of the best", not with Modern Zelda. There are so many good things that other series have nailed which Zelda itself just cannot do. Coherent, engaging, DEEP story for one. Complexity in combat for another (no, the direction in which you swing is *not* complex), /fair/ difficulty in terms of combat (Zelda games truly are either too easy or too hard when it comes to fighting), proper difficulty CURVES (read: not difficulty LINEAR FUNCTIONS WITHOUT A SLOPE)....eh I could continue going on.

Case in point, Zelda isn't perfect and isn't even close to being so.

Modern Zelda is the peak of video gaming in general IMO. Is it perfect? No. No game is. Difficulty and story are both overrated though and Zelda puts its focus in what matters the most. There's no reason to make combat overly complex, especially when it's just not fun anymore.

None. I'm sorry, but that is one of two things about the Zelda fandom that's irked me: Its fetish for wanting Zelda to copy inferior games.
What's the other thing? I do agree though. I'm beginning to get tired of the fandom seriously wanting Zelda to copy other series. I'm fully aware that Zelda isn't perfect, but I don't see why they should copy other series. Yeah there are some problems with the difficulty and some people think the story isn't great and those people often tend to think that it's a fact that the story-telling isn't good. It's a subjective thing. I can find a story very bad and some other person can find that same story great, it's all a matter of opinion and I think it's a matter of what you focus on when you "hear" the story.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
*eyes thread and posts* What the--?

What's the other thing? I do agree though. I'm beginning to get tired of the fandom seriously wanting Zelda to copy other series. I'm fully aware that Zelda isn't perfect, but I don't see why they should copy other series. Yeah there are some problems with the difficulty and some people think the story isn't great and those people often tend to think that it's a fact that the story-telling isn't good. It's a subjective thing. I can find a story very bad and some other person can find that same story great, it's all a matter of opinion and I think it's a matter of what you focus on when you "hear" the story.

The other thing is when fans get...way too analytical. It's not as annoying, but geez, this is Zelda, not the Bible for crying out loud. The fact that they thing Nintendo intended all this supposed symbolism is baffling.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I'd say that Link's Awakening had the most influence, although it's close between that and A Link to the Past. While ALttP gave us our standard "Zelda-ness" and pretty much set up some of the biggest games in the franchise (OoT, TWW, TP, SS), we wouldn't have any variety if not for Link's Awakening. It brought a lot of the lighter, more kind of silly aspects to the games such as, say, "Them" from MM, or Ruto in OoT. Heck, the entire child portion of OoT, which as we know is part of why OoT is so loved, is for this variety between the Child portion and the Adult portion. It really went out and explored areas that hadn't been explored yet, like these pointless quirky additions to the games, without which the Zelda series I think would be pretty dull and monotonous.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom