• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Game is the Hardest to 100% Complete?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
MW7 said:
There's no guide for the Nintendo Gallery and you can make it much harder by doing it on the first quest which makes things missable. Majora's Mask actually has several guides as well but they aren't super obvious like in other Zelda games. The Stray Fairy Mask let's you know when a stray fairy is in the room, there are Gossip Stones on the moon which tell you where every mask is so if you are missing a few you'll find them, and the Bombers' Notebook fills in when you have to do something related to the person after they get an entry in the book.

Nintendo Gallery Guide? The entire quest is simply taking pictures of everything there is. Why need a guide? Just don't be silly and take pictures of super important things early on.
The thing with the Wind Waker guides is that they're practically lists. "Here's the location of every heart piece, crows nest, cave etc. Go there."
In Majora's Mask, it's not nearly as obvious. Using the Great Fairies Mask to find Stray Fairies still makes you travel to every room. The Gossip Stone Mask guide requires the quest-optional Mask of Truth and you have to find out the Gossip Stones ability to tell you their secrets on your own. As with the Bombers Notebook, you still need to find out who the 20 people are, and find them by yourself. Wind Waker hands out information, Majora's Mask gives hints, if anyhting.

Heroine of Time said:
Wait... what? What Heart Piece Location Guide? I know about the Crow's Nest map, but I don't remember a Heart Piece one!

Special Chart - Zelda Wiki
It's found in the Flight Control Platform quadrant of sea, by using the Sea Chart found on Four-Eye Reef.

MW7

Nintendo Gallery Guide? The entire quest is simply taking pictures of everything there is. Why need a guide? Just don't be silly and take pictures of super important things early on.
The thing with the Wind Waker guides is that they're practically lists. "Here's the location of every heart piece, crows nest, cave etc. Go there."
In Majora's Mask, it's not nearly as obvious. Using the Great Fairies Mask to find Stray Fairies still makes you travel to every room. The Gossip Stone Mask guide requires the quest-optional Mask of Truth and you have to find out the Gossip Stones ability to tell you their secrets on your own. As with the Bombers Notebook, you still need to find out who the 20 people are, and find them by yourself. Wind Waker hands out information, Majora's Mask gives hints, if anyhting.
Ok yeah you're right maybe I'm just thinking differently about this. The content in Majora's Mask is harder, but for me the volume of content in Wind Waker is so expansive that I'd guess more people never reach 100% than in Majora's Mask. Now that I think about it what I'm arguing is just that fewer people probably 100% Wind Waker and not that it's harder.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'd say OoX, WW, and MC are the hardest to do 100%, imo.
OoX It is difficult to collect all of the rings
WW The world is massive, and it is difficult to collect all of the figurines
MC If you work at fusing as often as you can it is possible to do every fusing, But it takes a lot of shells to complete the gallery for the last piece of heart.

OoX is literally impossible, there will always be two rings missing, even at the end of a linked game. It depends on which game you started with. Hardest, but still possible, I'd say
If you do a linked game, it becomes possible and if you play on a GBA or Gamecube using the GB player you can get access to the Advanced shop where they sell the two rings you are missing.

C

chrismoz

I rushed through Wind Waker just to beat it. It took me 7 years of that game collecting dust to finally pick it up and gut it out. Didn't like it at all.

I'm definitely gonna go with Majora's Mask though. Collecting all of the masks is ridiculous.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
As of what i've currently done, the 2 bow and arrow mini-games in Majora's Mask gave me a lot of frustration. All the Zelda games I have currently completed 100% (Besides Zelda 1 and 2) were fun to 100%. I only 100% Zelda games, because I only really enjoy Zelda games. =P

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
From me currently playing Majoras Mask again i would have to say because of its hard and frustrating mini games and numerous side quests and tons of Heart Pieces.

The first time I 100& WW I thought it was the hardest thing ever. I have now 100% Wind Waker 11 times. However, I could understand people thinking this is the hardest. For me, it is now Majora's Mask.

The Hyrulian

Hero Of Time
Honestly, I reckon MM would be the most hardest, seeing as though you have a limited time frame to actually 100% it which makes it extremely hard to do.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I don't entirely see how Majora's Mask is difficult to 100%, since if you mess up a side quest, you can just Song of Time to the beginning of the side quest (well, unless it is the Anju and Kafei, then you're having to do the several hour sidequest over again). However, the game I see as the hardest to 100% would be Wind Waker.

My reasoning for this is that in The Wind Waker, you have the lovely pictograph sidequest. Many times, you only have one chance of photographing somebody/something, and if you blow it off, you're done. Of course, thanks to this, you really can't do the pictograph sidequest until you get up to the second quest in The Wind Waker since you start off the game with the color pictograph box.

I'd say Twilight Princess, only because you put back the rupees when your wallet is full, so if you truly want to 100% the game, you must go back into each temple with an empty wallet to get the rupees you missed. Majora's Mask in my opinion was pretty easy as long as you have patience. I haven't beaten Wind Waker yet, so I don't know about that, it could be harder though...

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I'd say Twilight Princess, only because you put back the rupees when your wallet is full, so if you truly want to 100% the game, you must go back into each temple with an empty wallet to get the rupees you missed. Majora's Mask in my opinion was pretty easy as long as you have patience. I haven't beaten Wind Waker yet, so I don't know about that, it could be harder though...

Getting rupees has no bearing on 100%ing.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I would say The Minish Cap just because there are many items that become locked if you don't collect them before certain events....Plus some of the Kinstone quests can be locked as well if memory serves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom