• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Game is the Hardest to 100% Complete?

In nearly every Zelda title 100% completing the game is pretty difficult. So I would like to hear your opinions on which game you think is the hardest to go the extra mile and make a 100% completion? Comment Away!

Dan

Zelda CD-I I mean first it's hard to find the game. Second it's a mess of bolts and nuts.

Personally, Skyward Sword is currently the hardest to complete due it being relatively new and many including myself not knowing the game's ins and outs as well as those of older titles. Once I familiarize myself with the overworld and what not, however, the crown will once again fall to Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess both of which feature numerous sidequests and collectibles to nab.

Wind Waker without a doubt is the hardest to 100%
A lot of the side quests are timed and quite difficult like the withered trees on far apart islands, the auction on Windfall Island is a pain in the neck too, and you have to search far and wide for numerous pendants to get many upgrades and items, while these aren't too difficult per-se, the one thing that Wind Waker has that no other Zelda has done before or since is the Nintendo gallery. If you're counting this in your 100% run then you'll be there for absolutely ages and its very near impossible to do it on your first play through.

I'd say SS is by far the easiest. OoX is literally impossible, there will always be two rings missing, even at the end of a linked game. It depends on which game you started with. Hardest, but still possible, I'd say WW....pictobox....never again......-whimpers in corner-

MC is also a contender, due to the fact that there are some kinstone fusions that you have to do at a certain part a the game or you'll miss it.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Wind Waker for sure. Majora's Mask is also up there for me, because I always reset time before I forget there was a sidequest I needed to finish first.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Hmmmm..... I wouldn't agree Wind Waker is the hardest. It has several in-game guides in the form of the charts (i.e. Heart Piece Location Guide, Crow's Nest Locator, etc). I would think Majora's Mask is hardest because of its tons of Heart Pieces and Masks to collect.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd say SS is by far the easiest. OoX is literally impossible, there will always be two rings missing, even at the end of a linked game. It depends on which game you started with. H

Can't you transfer rings, though? I recall a work around to the rings missing thing, but perhaps I was playing something different. :?

In my opinion, Adventure of Link as well as The Minish Cap are the hardest to 100%. AoL is just a hard game by it's design, and TMC has, as OracleofAwesome said, some kinstone fusions that you could possibly miss and basically screw up your entire game.

MW7

I'd say of the 3d console games it's Wind Waker and Majora's Mask. The Nintendo Gallery alone is harder than 100% on OOT, not to mention the freakish amount of other things to collect. Plus if you're doing "everything" you have to do the puzzles on the wall in the cabana. For Majora's Mask the stray fairy collection gets absolutely ridiculous in the Stone Tower Temple, and I can't imagine the typical Zelda player getting all of them. So Wind Waker > Majora's Mask > Twilight Princess because the Poe and Bug collection is much harder than Golden Skulltula collection plus TP has 9 more pieces of heart and a cave of ordeals. OOT and SS are both kind of really easy. OOT the subscreen will make it easy to find all the skulltulas since the game tells you if you've found them all in an area, but heart pieces are still tricky in some cases. In SS there's very little that doesn't have significant in game hints so anyone can 100% it. Even getting the Hylian Shield on Hero Mode is doable for anyone since the game lets you use potion effects if you drink them before starting the boss rush (guardian potion plus).

Across all games the Oracles and Minish Cap are also difficult. Also just throwing this out there that the original Zelda is pretty absurd without a guide. Don't forget that there's a second quest either and a couple of heart piece locations are absolutely crazy in that quest not to mention that most people will never find level 8 anyway. Zelda II, ALTTP, and LA are actually not that bad though. Most people don't finish Zelda II though so I guess that technically makes it hard to 100% even though item collection is fairly easy.

Hmmmm..... I wouldn't agree Wind Waker is the hardest. It has several in-game guides in the form of the charts (i.e. Heart Piece Location Guide, Crow's Nest Locator, etc). I would think Majora's Mask is hardest because of its tons of Heart Pieces and Masks to collect.
There's no guide for the Nintendo Gallery and you can make it much harder by doing it on the first quest which makes things missable. Majora's Mask actually has several guides as well but they aren't super obvious like in other Zelda games. The Stray Fairy Mask let's you know when a stray fairy is in the room, there are Gossip Stones on the moon which tell you where every mask is so if you are missing a few you'll find them, and the Bombers' Notebook fills in when you have to do something related to the person after they get an entry in the book.

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
SS and TP are both relatively easy — SS because of dowsing, and TP because of the Fortune Teller. But TP I'm still not 100% because of those darn Poes... nighttime doesn't last long enough, and you can't change it automatically. -.-

OoX is probably the hardest, as others have said. I'm not even done with those games, though, so I could be wrong. Otherwise I'd say TWW or maybe even TMC.

Wait... what? What Heart Piece Location Guide? I know about the Crow's Nest map, but I don't remember a Heart Piece one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom