• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Video Game(s) Would You Like To See As An Anime?

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum? I hope you guys are having a great evening! ^^

This has been in my mind for a long time. The main question of this thread is this: Which video game (either a single game or an entire series) would you like to see as an anime? For me it would be Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, The Legend of Zelda (entire series), Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby (series), Star Fox (series), and another Sonic anime. Here's what I want from them. I want SMRPG:LotSS and the Zelda anime(s) to follow the majority of the episodes to be related to the games, Kirby, Star Fox, and Sonic to somewhat relate to the games, and finally, have Kid Icarus: Uprising to be like The Super Mario Super Show/TAoSMB3/SMW, Adventure Time/Regular Show, and Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog where each episode was its own quest! I wish that could happen eventually! :D :love:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Zelda: Ocarina of Time is easily the best candidate for an anime. If its billion remakes/re-releases, the love it gets and of course the manga aren't enough, I don't know what is. Personally would love to see OoT/MM together as an anime!

Kingdom Hearts: The entire series, now, please. It's already perfect for an anime!

Star Ocean: SO3 has an unfinished manga that needs to be made into an anime, IMO.

Djinn

and Tonic
Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest, preferably 6,8 and 9. I know that there was an anime made for the first in the series but that was a very generic attempt at a very generic game and the series has progressed immensely since that time. There is such an incredibly rich storyline and characters to draw from in the later games in the series and the cut scenes alone already sell it. Plus I am a fan of Akira Toriyama's unique brand of storytelling and art style. It is time we get around to something new that is not a Dragonball or Neko Majin related work in any way.

325378437_RagnaCSArt_answer_5_xlarge.png

Ragna the Bloodedge -primary protagonist of Blazblue
Good topic, Fig-san. :yes: The video game series I'd like to see as an anime kind of already possesses many qualities of an anime. From its unconventional, wacky characters to its plot pacing and whimsical locations, the Blazblue series has it all. Each character is imbued with many attributes of a typical anime, and I mean that in a good way. There's the resolute rival to the cool, contentious badboy, the damsel in distress, and even a battle butler. Each character fits common anime archetypes to a tee, and their motives and actions fuel the plot in a manner much similar to such popular anime series like One Piece and Rave Master.

180px-00041.png

Sol Badguy -primary protagonist of Guilty Gear
Another series, much like the one mentioned above, that would make for a great anime series is Guilty Gear. In fact... the game I mention above is actually considered its "spiritual successor" in the sense that both games are made by the same company - Arc System Works - and contain many of the aforesaid conventions, such as anime-style character designs and zany locales. This game, however, features character designs that are far over the top than anything the Blazblue dishes out; perfect for and anime series the likes of Fairy Tail, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, and MAR. Unlike Blazblue, on the other hand, Guilty Gear's story was not as fleshed out as I think it could have been. I mean, after all, it is a fighting game series. Nothing, in my opinion, though, would do this game justice the way an anime counterpart would.

Fan-made AMV Blazblue X Guilty Gear
[video=youtube;LAc0jfNNj2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAc0jfNNj2A[/video]
Many people may not have heard of either of the mentioned fighting game series. And to be honest, these games are what we gamers call niche titles; it's a love it or hate kinda deal. Still, if anything, each of them would make for great anime series if done right. Maybe even a crossover anime series is in order, perhaps? lol

The upcoming Playstation 3 game Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch, successor to the DS game Ni No Kuni, would make for an engrossing anime. The characters, aesthetic, and story are already in place. The game is downright adorable. Level 5 has crafted an interactive anime experience and removing the player control in favor of scenes unfolding before your eyes should be no problem. It's nice to see entertainment focusing on subject matter other than death and I'm sure it would translate flawlessly to television.

Trailer:

[video=youtube;4MznAY8Es5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MznAY8Es5c[/video]

I'm sure you'll agree with me after viewing that heartwarming footage.

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
Dragon Quest 9, Kirby's epic yarn, Tales of Vesperia, Chaos Rings ll.

I was going to say Tales of the Abyss but that already a anime in Japan. I sure as hell wish for a dub though......

Dragon Quest 9

A story of troubles with angels. When the Starflight Express gets caught in a powerful earthquake and you get knocked out of the sky, you end up losing any proof about being a Celestial. Living as a mortal, you must gather all of the Fyggs (Is that what they are called?) as the only means of returning to the clouds.

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Story about pants and stitching. When Kirby coincidentally stumbles across Yin Yarn, an evil yarn sorcerer, his life then takes a face palm down below. After the meeting, Kirby gets sucked into the wizard's enchanted PORTAAAAL sock. Completely reconstructed into fabric that feels like knickers, the pink hero must sew together the land that has been split into sections by Yin Yarn.

Tales of Vesperia

Story about barriers, children of the full moon, and raven-haired badasses.
When the Aque Barrier falls into the wrong hands, Yuri is compelled to get it back. And to do so, he must go on a massive adventure!
With the company of Estelle and lots of other members Yuri decides to make up a guild. They name it Brave Vesperia as a name for them throughout the game. Yuri manages to catch the thief, but it turns out he does not have it after all!
Who has the barrier fallen into the hands of? And what is Estelle really...?

Chaos Rings ll

Story about Nominators and ...well.... Chaos
Within the Earth, The Destroyer awakens and begins to cause cataclysms and earthquakes, releasing monsters. In its final phase, the Destroyer will annihilate the Earth and all living things on it. To stop the Earth's destruction, The Creator chooses one Nominator and five Pillars to stop the Destroyer by fulfilling the Rite of Resealing. The Pillars are humans close to the Nominator; they are sacrificed and the resulting energy is used to seal the Destroyer until it reawakens and the sealing ritual begins again. The story begins during the 1,685th Rite of Resealing. The Nominator, Orlando, becomes a Pillar for unknown reasons and is slain by his close friend Darwin. Darwin is then forced to become the Nominator and complete the Rite of Resealing by sacrificing the other Pillars to stop the Earth's destruction. Included amongst the sacrifices is his childhood friend and Orlando's sister, Marie. Overwatching the Rite are an engimatic man named Bachs and a strange girl named Lessica.

Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross would make wonderful animes, both have great story lines which would translate well on screen and characters which could be relatable and interesting.
I would also like to see Metal Gear Solid - it could work well as a sort of suspenseful, serious anime aimed at an older audience.

Dan

No more heroes
Plenty of bloody action and hilarious characters to use and create. Someone make it happen. ;)

Zelda
I could honestly see it working, a lot better than the american version. :right:

Ratchet and Clank
Might sound a bit stupid but it could work. Besides it could include plenty of mechs Japan like big mechs riiight.

Pong
Why nothing has been made from such a deep meaningful game is beyond me. The story of pong should be told.

Metal Gear Solid would be very cool. They already have a manga, it wouldn't to hard to make the jump to anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom