• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Themes Would You Like to See More of in Games?

Simple thread; what isn't there enough of for you in the gaming world?

For example, do you love Westerns, do you want to play more western themed games like Red Dead Redemption?
Or maybe you want more surreal horror like Silent Hill?
Would you like more detective games or conspiracy theories like L.A Noir?

Which themes would you like to see more of in the gaming world?

Horror. Specifically, I want some really creepy RPGs. Shadow Hearts had some creepy-ish stuff in it. I miss Shadow Hearts...

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Survival horror.
Though I am a huge fan of Dead Space, I consider it action horror. Stuff pops up, scares you, and then you shoot it in the face. The game is only tense on it's high difficulties, where there are many enemies, ammo is scarce, and the enemies are much stronger, but that fear stems less from the monsters themselves, but rather from you dying.

Survival horror I'd say is something akin to Amnesia, where survival itself is the name of the game; not running and gunning. That's what I'd like to see more of.

Talicor

Bringer of Dragons
I'm more of a whimsical fantasy type of person. I don't find FPS any fun, and I hate being stuck in horror scenarios. (Slender anyone?) I'd like to see some more adventures like Zelda. Good, clean, fantasy is enough to make me happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom