• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Temple?

Which is the creepier temple?

• Shadow Temple(OoT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earth Temple(WW)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
So, I was discussing with a friend the other day...which of these was a creepier temple? I personally pick the shadow temple myself.>.>

Garo

Boy Wonder
The art style of Wind Waker made it very difficult for me to be genuinely frightened at any point during that game. Not to say that the art style wasn't outstanding, it simply isn't suited to a darker, more unsettling look.

Further, the Shadow Temple has all those creepy portraits near where you get the Hover Boots that talk about Hyrule's history of bloodshed and such. That, along with the creepiest music in gaming, and you've got the one Zelda temple I refuse to play alone at night.

But I love them both.

amaterasu

Writer
GaroXicon just made another thing go on my bucket list. Play the oot Shadow Temple at night alone, in pitch darkness, except for the t.v.

Shadow temple is certainly more creepy.
Its a rather dark temple.
And remember its behind a graveyard,being behind a graveyard makes its creepy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding the Earth temple in WW its not creepy at all.
In fact WW is a whole is not really a creepy game at all.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For me not one part of the game is creepy.
For me WW is a very happy cheery game.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Thanks folks for agreeing. Honestly, the only two things that frightened me in windwaker were 1) ReDeads. They looked disturbing and I tried something one time that was kinda rpulsive. I saw the redead and I hated the high pitched elephant screams and brain eating so I wanted to kill it from afar. I shot an arrow at it and it made a mucky noise, like clay, or something. But it was ewwwww. Another thing I don't care much for is the floormasters. The only thing that frightens me about them is hard they are to kill and how high the risk is you'll be sucked up. But WW is my topfave game, so I'm pretty skilled at it :D

But I was so freaked out by the Shadow Temple that if it was past 9 and I hadn't played OoT on that day, well, I wasn't gonna play OoT that day. The creepy portraits that look like clown skulls were disturbing along with the eeriest music known to mankind(er,bird-Ruto-woman-human-creaturekind). The boat that you had to ride on freaked me out the moment I stepped on it. I expected floormasters and wallmasters to pop out from everywhere. But the boss of that temple was almost too easy using the Biggron's sword. :goron:

Garo

Boy Wonder
GaroXicon just made another thing go on my bucket list. Play the oot Shadow Temple at night alone, in pitch darkness, except for the t.v.

It's a scream. ;)

That said, the Shadow Temple is one of my favorites. It is very atmospheric, and it also has a very Indiana Jones, adventure-movie style. The guillotines, the rising and falling platforms, the spectral overtones - it's all so wonderfully built. I love it.

Pen

The game is on!
Hmm... That's really hard for me to say actually. I find both dungeons creepy in different ways.
The Shadow Temple was creepy because of the music and the atmosphere, however, in my opinion the graphics made it a wee bit less creepy, cuz they were bad.
The Earth Temple was creepy too. I find it hard to say why, but it was creepy. However, the creepyness was lowered because of the toonish graphics.
So I for one can't make a vote. Sorry! :)

vcdomith

Mad Artist
The shadow temple of course, because of the atmosphere, the music, and Bongo Bongo(I'll hate him forever:()

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The art style of Wind Waker made it very difficult for me to be genuinely frightened at any point during that game. Not to say that the art style wasn't outstanding, it simply isn't suited to a darker, more unsettling look.

Further, the Shadow Temple has all those creepy portraits near where you get the Hover Boots that talk about Hyrule's history of bloodshed and such. That, along with the creepiest music in gaming, and you've got the one Zelda temple I refuse to play alone at night.

But I love them both.

I agree with this post a lot. The light tone graphics of the Wind Waker didn't make it all that scary for me. The music was a little scary, but that's about it. The music was scarier in Ocarina of Time's Shadow Temple, and had blood on the walls, and creepier enemies. So my vote would have to go to the Shadow Temple.

K

King of Hyrule

Thanks folks for agreeing. Honestly, the only two things that frightened me in windwaker were 1) ReDeads. They looked disturbing and I tried something one time that was kinda rpulsive. I saw the redead and I hated the high pitched elephant screams and brain eating so I wanted to kill it from afar. I shot an arrow at it and it made a mucky noise, like clay, or something. But it was ewwwww. Another thing I don't care much for is the floormasters. The only thing that frightens me about them is hard they are to kill and how high the risk is you'll be sucked up. But WW is my topfave game, so I'm pretty skilled at it :D

But I was so freaked out by the Shadow Temple that if it was past 9 and I hadn't played OoT on that day, well, I wasn't gonna play OoT that day. The creepy portraits that look like clown skulls were disturbing along with the eeriest music known to mankind(er,bird-Ruto-woman-human-creaturekind). The boat that you had to ride on freaked me out the moment I stepped on it. I expected floormasters and wallmasters to pop out from everywhere. But the boss of that temple was almost too easy using the Biggron's sword. :goron:

Agreed! The Redeads in Windwaker are much more terrifying then the ones in Ocarina of Time! Mostly because of the scream. But the deadhands in the Shadow Temple.....*shivers*

Anyone who picks WW should jump off a cliff.

Just kidding. :)

I really think that Shadow Temple is 1000X creepier. ET doesn't hold a candle to it.

H

Honey Pie

I picked the Earth temple for two reasons, both are kind of the same thing but different (That doesn't make any sense does it?)

One: The atmosphere of The Wind Waker was very childish (But manly too :P) and, well, the game made the temple seem scarier than it actually was.
Two: The name "Shadow Temple" highly implies that scary stuff will be in it, "Earth Temple" doesn't.

Basically, both of them mean I was expecting to be scared in the Shadow Temple and I was prepared for it.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
The Shadow Temple is quite creepy as are a lot of the dungeons in Ocarina of Time I think. The scariest of them all is actually the Bottom of the Well and the Forest Temple, I do not know why but they freak me out!!

(One of the things that really makes Ocarina of Time stand out as much as it really does is the fact that the atmosphere of the game change so drastically once you have become adult Link. The "adult" part of Ocarina of Time is extremly well executed and probably the reason why I never will love Majoras Mask the same way).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom