• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Pokemon Do You Always Have In Your Party?

Seamus

Pinball Wizard
I always have my starter, and Ninetails ( I luvs nintails :))
A lot of times ill have at least one legendary, and any other pokemon. I try to keep my party even with different types. grass, fire, psychic, water, etc.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Competitively, I don't have anything that I *always* use, but I do have a few things that appear a fair bit, often in pairs:

- Scizor and Heatran, work very well together.
- Gliscor and Tentacruel, two entry hazards, good type support.
- I often slot Porygon2 in somewhere because Gyarados always annoys me.
- Blissey if I ever find a team to lose to special sweepers.
- I love my lvl. 1 Smeargle lead, too bad it can't be used on WiFi.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Ho-oh - Fly & Defog
Zangoose - False Swipe+Thunder Wave & HM Rock Climb
Linoone - Abilty Pickup & HM Slave (Surf/Cut/Strength/Rock Smash)
Linoone - Abilty Pickup & Dig (no need for escape ropes)
Linoone - Abilty Pickup
Linoone - Abilty Pickup

Since D/P i only have been serious with EV trained pokemon, basicly my party is just a tool while EV training.

Zangoose will go in the box if I EV train a pokemon. And with pickup ability, awsome free stuff! Really handy with Poketch function #5 where you can see your party. That way you can see right away if Linoone found something. We are talking about stuff like, PP ups, Rare Candies, Ultra Balls, Hyper Potions, TM Earthquakes ect...

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I usually always have my Level 100 Shaymin from an event and my Gardevoir, Shayla (this is in Platinum). Shayla is on eof my favorite Pokemona nd I'm trying to get her to level 100. I've got a ways to go. She's level 33 i believe. :p

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
My team in SS is Firelizard/Typhlosion, Wyvern/Dragonair, Storm/Pigeot, Tsunami/Poliwhirl, Bushroom/Parasect, and Lugia.
In Emerald, it's Rosethorn/Sceptile, Maelstrom/Swampert, Firefox/Nintales, and Deadbolt/Raichu.

enemytracker

無情な
Inside my personal pot, killing some bugs.
It depends on which game I'm playing:

Saphire: EV-trained Raichu (lv100)
Pearl: Scizor (lv100)
Platinum: Wobbuffet (lv98)
Soul Silver: Gengar (lv100)
White (Yeah, I have the Jap version for R4): Haxorus

I don't use any ubers because I think they are higly noobish, I only use them to "make the things fair", as everyone I know only use ubers (Note: I DON'T consider Wobbuffet as a uber).

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
I always have my starter with me. Usually it's the fire starter, but for Johto it's Totodile and its evolutions. Other than that, I don't stick with too many of the same Pokemon. My party can change quite a bit from game to game. Usually I have the regional, common flying type you can get early in the game so I can use Fly later, though I tend to drop it in the PC once I get to the Elite Four (because I'll have a better pokemon that can learn Fly). I also like to have an Eeveelution. In D/P/Pt, I like having a Luxray, as well.

I play the original Silver mostly, but I've dabbled in the original Yellow (haven't done much with Blue after a friend just returned it, and I've lost Red.)
Lesee here..
for Yellow:
Mr. Mime- best psychic in generation 1. He defends with barrier to keep himself alive, and attacks with Confusion and Thunder Bolt, and may paralyze the foe with a Thunder Wave. This guy generally takes out the physical attackers and ghost-types, but may substitute for Pikachu with electric attacks, and paralysis never hurt nobody.
Blastoise (Named him Battletoad for whatever reason)- This guy is my murder machine when it comes to electrics, fires, grounds, rocks, and Lance. Surf, Ice Beam, Dig, and Strength are his attacks, and almost nothing can survive the onslaught of attacks.
Nidoking- Nidoking is my brute force. Earthquake kills off electrics and rocks, Bubblebeam repels fire, rock, and ground, Thrash helps when nothing else is available, and Blizzard murders all. Only a lucky Fissure can fell my Nidoking.
Pikachu- well, it's Pokemon Yellow. You shouldn't be "shocked". Thunder Bolt and Thunder lay the smack down on everything but ground-types and dragons. Thunder wave holds everything down, and pay day rakes in cash in wild battles.
Charizard- With a quick Slash, most non-rock and non-ground types will suffer quite a bit. Flamethrower and Fire Blast demolish Ice-types, Grass-types, Flying-types, and Fighting-types. Fly can pick off any Poison-types and evade a hit.
Dragonair (soon to be evolved)- Thunder, Blizzard, Fire Blast, and Surf. All four main elements help destroy anything that isn't capable of a quick STAB ice-attack.

On Silver I generally use...
Heracross- Megahorn rules over the Psychics and Darks, Rock Smash crushes physical typed pokemon, Reversal definitely helps in times of peril, and Earthquake just about murders everything else.
Tyrranitar- Raised from an egg, this monster wields Crunch to scare off Psychics, Rock Throw to knock down aerial opponents, Earthquake to replace Heracross if necessary, and if all else fails, Hyper Beam finishes off most other non-mineral types.
Alakazam- Recover, Psychic, Fire Punch, and Ice Punch make a deadly combination. Recover can quickly heal up, Psychic whomps everything but Darks and Steels, and the elemental punches just kill for the sake of type-advantages.
Gengar- Hypnosis rules with an iron fist, alongside its partner moves Nightmare and Dream Eater, which can kill anything in only 4 turns; even Red's whole team. Shadow Ball holds no real merit, but it's cool to have.
Muk- This here is my best warrior for almost everything. Fire Blast, Ice Beam, and Thunder reign supreme among almost every type, and for those that resist any of those attacks, Explosion usually finishes them off pretty well.
Snorlax (whom I named Lyra out of insult towards the character)- The wall. Body slam may paralyze, Rest heals up, Snore fights during rests, and Surf gets rid of anything that could break its defenses.
I hate conforming to the usual smogon tiers, especially when people claim OU and UBER are the best, but I've found ways around them.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I always have my starter in my party, the bird pokemon that happens to be early in the game and at least one legendary. I try to get a lot of different types so that I can beat each trainer in the game :P

So far, my team in soulsilver always consists of Amparos (Bliksem), Pidgeot (Rolf), Suicune, Typlosion (Phoenix) and Lugia. I have one empty spot for training pokemon that I want to evolve or an egg.

In Ruby I tried to make a not too predictable team, so I have Combusken, Lairon, Mightyena, Minun, Sharpedo and Pelipper. Maybe some of them will be kicked out when I get a legendary, but I don't like Groudon that much so maybe the team stays as it is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom