• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Which Part of the DLC are you looking forward to the most?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Hey guys! I was wondering what you all thought would be the coolest part about the DLC for you.
I know we don't know much about it yet, but we know a little. I'm looking forwards to the Master Sword Buff, and those floating enemies. What about you?

I'm honestly not THAT excited about the DLC provided what I have heard will be in it. But, if forced to pick out an item or two that I think I'll enjoy at least a little:

1. having the master sword not break quite as easily is nice ... and the added "power" of the sword will be ok too, though I don't care about that. It's fine like it is now for me.

2. the "trial" that will allow the master sword to be "buffed up" permanently will hopefully be fun. I keep thinking about the challenge in WW on Outset Island where you go down the hole and have to keep fighting level after level of enemies (30, if I recall) to get that triforce shard ... and then the additional 20 levels to get the hero's mask (or whatever it was/is called). I hope it's as fun as that was ...

I don't know how I feel about, or how much I care about the floating prizes/treasures or enemies. I will need to see how that is implemented. It could be either really cool, or horrible. Hard Mode will be welcome, but I won't mess with it until a ways off from now when I decide to start yet another play-through. I don't think I have the energy right now to start a new one.

I made a list somewhere else on this board about what I was HOPING to see in the DLC before anything was announced, and unfortunately none of it is in there. Stuff like being able to filter the stamps and/or markers on your map ... having weapon durability tweaked so that weapons lasted about 1.5x longer than now ... being able to cook multiple meals at the same time (like, 5 of the same meal at once so you don't have to do it over and over and over when doing a cooking session) ... modifying the UI so that if/when you get a treasure chest with a new weapon, but your inventory is full, having the UI ask you if you want to discard a weapon immediately to make room for the new one ... as opposed to having to finish the chest, then discard a weapon, then open the chest again.

For the first pack i'm looking foward mostly to the Twili Helmet and Majora's Mask just because i wanna know what they do.

I dont care much about the other armours but im gonna have fun hunting them out.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
@Spirit i get the feeling Majora's is gonna be able to change moon phase/blood moon. Twili is likely cosmetic but it might do something with the busted twili mirror in game.

Looking forward to the Trial of the Sword and of course GOLDEN FREAKING LYNELS MAN. AW MAN, finally a friggin challenge.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm looking forward to the Korok mask, finding out what the other armor will do, the trial looks really cool, and even though I'm not usually someone who likes hard mode, this one looks pretty cool :)

@Spirit i get the feeling Majora's is gonna be able to change moon phase/blood moon. Twili is likely cosmetic but it might do something with the busted twili mirror in game.

Looking forward to the Trial of the Sword and of course GOLDEN FREAKING LYNELS MAN. AW MAN, finally a friggin challenge.

Majora's Mask just makes it harder for enemies to spot you and Midna's Helmet has Guardian defence damage.

Tingle set gives you a night speed boost and Phantom gives you attack boost.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Majora's Mask just makes it harder for enemies to spot you and Midna's Helmet has Guardian defence damage.

Soooo basically crap we've already got?

MM mask seems kinda contradictory to it's nature, and Midna's Helmet doesn't strike me as a defensive item, in fact in TP all it's used is for offense.

Shiekah set looks far better and Barbarian armor is less clunky and blends in better with the world

Soooo basically crap we've already got?

MM mask seems kinda contradictory to it's nature, and Midna's Helmet doesn't strike me as a defensive item, in fact in TP all it's used is for offense.

Shiekah set looks far better and Barbarian armor is less clunky and blends in better with the world

I guess because its DLC it cant change the game up too much since not everyone will buy it...

Though i'm with you that MM summoning a blood moon would have been great.

Tingle armour giving yoy a night speed boost makes no sense.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I guess because its DLC it cant change the game up too much since not everyone will buy it...

Though i'm with you that MM summoning a blood moon would have been great.

Tingle armour giving yoy a night speed boost makes no sense.

Woulda been better if it gave you any of the tingle siblings to ride.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Where did this info come from?

Honestly I'm excited for the GOLD LYNELS and the Master Trials. They look like a really good challenge. Hero's Path also looks useful, and of course so does the Korok Mask. I hope we can turn Master Mode on and off at will and not have to start a new file just to play in it.

HeroOfTermina

Obsessively checking this forum since 2015
I'm pretty pissed that you apparently need the champion amiibo to "fully experience" the winter DLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom