• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which One Should I Get?

Which One to Buy?

• The Legend of Zelda (original)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Wind Waker

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Minish Cap

• Total voters

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I would go with either A Link to the Past or The Wind Waker. Both games are very good, and will keep you occupied. Although from what I've heard, ALttP is pretty difficult. I've heard WW being easy also. So it's really up to you. If you want to have a funny sailing adventure, go with WW! If you want to see a fantastic overworld and dungeons, go with ALttP! If I had to pick any other game; I would recommend The Minish Cap. ;)

I wish you would give us a little more info into what you are expecting or looking for. The Wind Waker is a fun 3D console game, and it's pretty easy. ALttP is classic and is a great game, but I enjoyed the Minish Cap more for some reason. If you are sitting at home and want a longer game, get the Wind Waker.

When you get money, buy them in this order:
Wind Waker
Minish Cap
ALttP
Original LoZ
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
AoL

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
There are a number of factors to consider here. Do you prefer 2D or 3D Zelda games? If 2D, then scratch The Wind Waker off the list but if 3D, you're already narrowed down to one choice. Think back to any experiences you've had with NES games. If you've found them to be difficult you might want to hold back on The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: Adventure of Link. If you're into handheld gaming I suggest The Minish Cap over the Oracle series. The shrinking perk far outweighs the connection ability of those two titles. If you want what many consider a SNES masterpiece and the greatest 2D Zelda game of all time, however, go with A Link to the Past. My votes ultimately come down to ALttP and TWW depending on whether you prefer 2D or 3D gaming. The former features the most dungeons packed into a single title in franchise history as well as an overworld laden with secrets whereas don't allow the cute artstyle of the latter fool you, it boasts one of the most poignant and riveting stories the franchise has to offer.

masterSword2

Smile!
I personally would go with Wind Waker, but from experience, most people either really like it, or really don't. It all comes down to what you are looking for in a game. If you haven't already, I'd recommend looking at a bit of game play from each of the games before making a final decision. Hope this helps!:)

MW7

If I was to profile you based on your name alone, I'd go with Oracle of Ages- the most puzzle heavy game in the series. Otherwise I'd go with A Link to the Past or Wind Waker.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Ahhh WIND WAKER (ALttP or TMC second) DEFINITELY WW.

The Wind Waker is absolutely by far my favorite legend of zelda game. I am in love with it. From the second i turn it on, there is almost never a moment where I don't enjoy myself.
I loved the cel-shaded graphics, they give the game an absolutely timeless feeling. The soundtrack to m is the most masterfully assembled soundtrack ever in Zelda history. It looks childish sure, but the emotion and story in the game is surprisingly mature, and absolutely stunning. Everything about this game just screams adventure. The Great Sea is pure exploration. Whenever you're sailing the great blue sea and you see a tiny speck in the distance - a new island - you can't help being curious.

As for the gameplay, it's amazing. everything feels so fluid and smooth, especially the combat. The dungeons are very well put together, as well as the boss battles. The problem that a lot of people have with the game is the sailing. Sailing is one of the slowest methods of transportation (besides walking), and it's on a very larg sea. You also have to control th wind everytime you want to go somewhere. However you can easily get used to it and grow accustomed to the sailing. I enjoy the sailing because of the great music that accompanies it, the gorgeous view, and the control you have of where you want to go.

I say the WW 100%

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I'd say depending on your preferences, either get WW or ALttP; I personally liked the latter better but that's probably because I'm more into the "golden age" titles.

ALttP can be quite difficult at times but if you're really stuck on something there are plenty of great walkthoughs out there to help you along the way.

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
I picked Zelda II because I think it's important for that not to be your last Zelda, because it will be so different. People tend to give up on it because it's not like other Zeldas. It's still a great game, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Windwaker is going to win, and that would be my second suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom