• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Which One of the N64 Games Was Best?

Which Game Is Best

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm not sure if this has been done before, but I think it would be interesting to see the overall opinion of the two games. Personally, I like Majora's Mask better, because it had:
1. Great Graphics (for the n64)
2. An Incredible Story
3. Great Sidequests
4. The 3 day Timer
5. And The Masks

Both are great games, but I prefer Majora's Mask. It was a lot more fun and was more challenging. More sidequest's, had to defy time, and collect a lot of mask's. Exploring around, visiting new places, and helping other's.
This game was lacking a bit on Temple's but it was fun. I liked it.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Um... I would go with OoT. Pretty impressive. It was really fun when I played it. Even I would get stuck, it was a pretty fun game. Never played MM, though

Pen

The game is on!
Graphics
The graphics are almost exactly the same, so I don't really care there.

Story
OoT had a way better story in my opinion, MM had a great one too but I do find OoT to have a much better, and more classic storyline. And I also think MM has a little to dark storyline for my taste.

Side quests
MM has definitely got more side quests, although, I don't like the fact that one might need to redo some of them a number of times. OoT doesn't have as many as MM, though they are really good.

Length
The story of OoT is longer than the one in MM, but if you take all of the side quests in MM, it would probably take some time to finnish also.

Difficulty
Definitely MM, but neither of the games are too easy, so I really don't see any problems with them being too easy.

Summary
I, for one, like OoT a lot more than MM, for reasons stated above.
:eek:carina:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I bought the Zelda collector's edition and played Ocarina of time up to the end of Dodongo's cavern, and Majora's Mask to the point were you leave Clock town to go the swamp. I would say that overall MM was funner so I chose that one. I still think Ocarina of time is a great game!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Way to difficult choice for me both were to amazing for me I can't decide between if their was a both option I would choose that.

I think really balance each other out.

OoT had more dungeons, good BGMs, and not as many SQ's

MM had more SQ's that gave really helpful items/masks, better BGMs but fewer dungeons.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
Story: This was a very hard choice for me because they both had great stories, but Majora's Masks great strong points was the story, it seemed the developers focused more on story and depth than OoT. So MM gets the point for story.

Graphics: Majora's Mask made use of the expansion pack which gave more detail to the graphics. MM gets the point.

Gameplay: Ocarina of Time had great gameplay with turning into an adult and all, but in MM you could turn into 3 races with the use of different masks which I think is better than turning into an adult because it gave you more of a variety of options and puzzles to solve. Majora's Mask gets the point again.

Difficulty: Okay this is going to be kind of repetetive, but Majora's MAsk was the more challenging of the two, and I like challenge in the games I play, MM again.

Nostalgia: Honestly, I have more memories of playing Ocarina of Time when I was younger, and I don't have many nostalgiac memories of playing MM, so finally a point for OoT.

Conclusion: All and all, MM was the better of the two games, I don't hate OoT, I just have come to appreciate MM more over time that's all.

-Tony

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I prefer Ocarina of Time. I more of a length and dungeons guy, which OoT had as opposed to Majora's Mask. The plot was more interesting in OoT even though it was quite similar to the one in ALttP. MM didn't have much plot development from the beginning till the end, which made it a bit more dull.

Bunny Hood

Everyone's Favorite Mask
i think majoras mask was awesome!!!

and so was Oot.

but majoras mask is better.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
There is a huge fanbase of mm, which I understand (its in my top 10). But I think Oot is one of the greatest ever!

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Majora's Mask hands down, here's why
-Deeper gameplay
-great storyline
-AWESOME atmosphere
-More things to do
-You can rematch the bosses
-Has a lot of feelings
-Lots of secrets
-Great music
and the list goes on...