• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which one is the best? Zelda Oot or Zelda Mm?

Which game do you think is better?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Majoras Mask

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters

Ninja

Well well well
I voted for Ocarina of Time because it's the game I can always go back to and rebeat it over and over again. It's the true definition of gaming nostalgia for me. Majora's Mask is amazing as well, however I found the timer, even if slowed down, was very stressful. I wish there would have been a feature to disable the clock once the game is beaten.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Even if I liked Majora's Mask more, I would recommend OoT first for 2 different reasons:

1- It is more enjoyable knowing what happened previously

2- It's better exposure to Zelda at its core instead of some totally new concept that many fans wanting to enter the Zelda series might not want to see right off the bat

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
It seems rather unfair to compare the two. Not only are both excellent experiences in their own right, but each is so radically different from the other I don't think they can be categorized together for comparison.

Regardless, Ocarina of Time is, to forgive the cliche, timeless. I think it has longer lasting appeal over Majora's Mask. I think Ocarina's nostalgia factor is stronger, though simply by virtue of having come first. I think Ocarina's themes, story, characters, and events resonate with people stronger today as well as then.

Majora's Mask is a wholly unique experience and almost incomparable to anything else, really. It has its own memorables that stand out on their own merit. It functions, looks, feels and plays almost entirely differently to other Zelda games and almost any other game for that matter. Everything it does it excels at.

But Ocarina's timeless appeal and the she sheer impact it made on gaming not just at the time of its release makes it the superior product, imo. But comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom