• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Which Ocarina of Time Dungeon is the Hardest?

Hardest OoT Dungeon?

• Inside the Deku Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dodongo's Cavern

• Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly

• Forest Temple

• Fire Temple

• Water Temple

• Shadow Temple

• Spirit Temple

• Inside Ganon's Castle

• Total voters

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The title really says it all.

I chose Ocarina of Time because it has the infamous Water Temple, and I want to see if everyone really thinks it's hard.

I honestly think the Fire Temple is the hardest. It's the only dungeon I needed help with. My neighbour actually played most of the dungeon for me, but that was back when I knew my neighbours. :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Water Temple is infinitely more confusing than any other temple in the game. Even the Forest Temple is manageable. As for the hardest challenges, I would want to say Ice Cavern 3HC. :)

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Water Temple is infinitely more confusing than any other temple in the game. Even the Forest Temple is manageable. As for the hardest challenges, I would want to say Ice Cavern 3HC. :)

Ice Cavern hard? Ice Keese, just shoot em, frizzards, bombs work if you don't want to get too close or you could just wait to jump attack after they do their little breath attack.

Would have figured you'd say the Spirit Temple for the all the Iron Knuckles that insta kill you should you make a single mistake.

For me though, I'm going to say Shadow Temple for Bongo Bongo, with standard quiver, small magic meter, and 3 hearts, he can wear you thin on resources before he drops.

Big Octo

=^)
The Water Temple has not really been any trouble for me. That merit goes to the Forrest Temple. I think the difficult of the Water Temple is highly overrated, and I've never considered it confusing due to the fact that many entrances to other rooms are blocked off, leading the player down the normal path. With the Forrest Temple, though, I always seem to forget a key somewhere, and even with the map, I somehow lose myself looking for it.

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
As for the hardest challenges, I would want to say Ice Cavern 3HC. :)

Good call. Definitely keeps you on your toes in there. Lots of annoying enemies (Ice Keese, :mad:) and hazards.

The most difficult dungeon for me was the Water Temple, but because of my past difficulties with it, I've committed nearly the entire thing to memory, so now I'd almost call it a cake walk. Also no difficult enemies.

Now, I'd probably say the Forest Temple. Although I don't get stuck on it, it still occasionally forces me to take a look at my map as far as where to go.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Would have figured you'd say the Spirit Temple for the all the Iron Knuckles that insta kill you should you make a single mistake.

Actually, I did have a bit of trouble facing the first Iron Knuckle as Young Link. But, I was also playing OoTN64, so it was a bit harder to backwalk rather than sidestep. Still, Iron Knuckles are incredibly predictable, and it amounts to little more than mashing B once you knock their armor off. :)

Salem

SICK
I haven't voted yet, but I honestly had more trouble with the fire temple on the several playthoughs than the water temple, but first time playing, water temple took more time, so I don't know.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Actually, I did have a bit of trouble facing the first Iron Knuckle as Young Link. But, I was also playing OoTN64, so it was a bit harder to backwalk rather than sidestep. Still, Iron Knuckles are incredibly predictable, and it amounts to little more than mashing B once you knock their armor off. :)

Mashing?

You mean stabbing and with out hesitation jump back perfectly before he can respond. Sure its repetitive, but the slightly slip of timing is likely to kill you.

(also stabbing is safer then jump attacking, because their sidways swing is faster then their vertical.)

Either way, I wish there were more of them in the game, one dungeon should have simply been guarded by like 15 Iron Knuckles in 1 room instead of a boss.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You mean stabbing and with out hesitation jump back perfectly before he can respond. Sure its repetitive, but the slightly slip of timing is likely to kill you.
Oh definitely. Make it worse by playing OoT3DMQ, because the mirroring actually does trip me up regarding enemy animations. ;)

But, even so, they aren't the worst of things. Iron Knuckles are very forgiving, and it's usually your fault that you got killed (i.e. you pressed on the control stick incorrectly or got too cocky with slashing).

Either way, I wish there were more of them in the game, one dungeon should have simply been guarded by like 15 Iron Knuckles in 1 room instead of a boss.

Which is EXACTLY why I love TP's Cave of Ordeals final room. <3

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
First time I went into the Shadow Temple, I didn't have the lense of truth. Consider that.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I would have to say that the water temple is the hardest for me. It's not that it's more difficult as such, more that it is so infuriatingly tedious that I find it difficult to actually continue playing past that point. I never want to actually go inside. I waste hours upon hours finding heart pieces and going over every little side quest, that when I am finally done procrastinating and get ready to head inside I am so demoralised because 1) I have to do the water temple and 2) I'm left with very few side-quests to do (my favourite part of any Zelda game) that I usually start the game again. In the 8 or so times I have made save games on OoT, only once have I got through the water temple which is why I have only completed the game once.

In terms of most actually challenging though, I suppose I'd say the Shadow temple? I always found it to be rather challenging despite the fact that it's also my favourite... Go figure.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In terms of most actually challenging though, I suppose I'd say the Shadow temple? I always found it to be rather challenging despite the fact that it's also my favourite... Go figure.
Hey. Just because it's challenging doesn't mean it can't be your favorite! Of the Water Temples of the 3D games (Water Temple [OoT], Great Bay Temple [MM], Lakebed Temple [TP], and arguably Ancient Cistern [SS]), I find the Water Temple to be the most challenging and it's also my favorite. The best thign about the Water Temple is that it's a) tedious and b) long winded. If you can brave it (or use a walkthrough), youwill ultimately feel very relieved that you get it off your shoulders and (never) have to do it again.

MW7

First time I went into the Shadow Temple, I didn't have the lense of truth. Consider that.
Once on this site I heard someone say that he or she did this and then somehow completed the dungeon. Needless to say it was the hardest dungeon in that playthrough.

I actually think the Shadow Temple was the hardest for me on my first playthrough. Some of the most confusing puzzles in the entire game are in that dungeon. My favorites would be the room where defeating all the enemies is a red herring and you just have to bomb some dirt, the boss key room, and figuring out to shoot the bomb flowers with arrows. Also Bongo Bongo is the only boss that has killed me in that game.

If we want to go into challenges then three of my favorite challenges are the Fire Temple without the Goron Tunic, the Water Temple without the Zora Tunic, and the Shadow Temple without the Lens of Truth. I would honestly say that the Fire Temple with 3 hearts, four bottles, and no Goron Tunic was the hardest thing I've done in the game. The Shadow Temple without the Lens of Truth is just a little frustrating once you are familiar with the dungeon, and the Zora Tunic surprisingly makes very little difference in the Water Temple even with 3 hearts (so you only have 24 seconds of breathing time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom