• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Which Ocarina of Time Dungeon is the Hardest?

Hardest OoT Dungeon?

• Inside the Deku Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dodongo's Cavern

• Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly

• Forest Temple

• Fire Temple

• Water Temple

• Shadow Temple

• Spirit Temple

• Inside Ganon's Castle

• Total voters

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I would have to say that the water temple is the hardest for me. It's not that it's more difficult as such, more that it is so infuriatingly tedious that I find it difficult to actually continue playing past that point. I never want to actually go inside. I waste hours upon hours finding heart pieces and going over every little side quest, that when I am finally done procrastinating and get ready to head inside I am so demoralised because 1) I have to do the water temple and 2) I'm left with very few side-quests to do (my favourite part of any Zelda game) that I usually start the game again. In the 8 or so times I have made save games on OoT, only once have I got through the water temple which is why I have only completed the game once.

In terms of most actually challenging though, I suppose I'd say the Shadow temple? I always found it to be rather challenging despite the fact that it's also my favourite... Go figure.
off topic here, is that Micheal Jackson face put on to Linebeck?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Once on this site I heard someone say that he or she did this and then somehow completed the dungeon. Needless to say it was the hardest dungeon in that playthrough.

I think I made it to that room with two redeads and several white rupees before giving up.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think I made it to that room with two redeads and several white rupees before giving up.

That would make for a strong challenge indeed. I've tried doing Shadow Temple w/o Lens and, even with memorization of the layout, it's still irksome. Want it worse? OoT3DMQ Shadow Temple no lens. ;)

Fig

The Altruist
I always thought that the Water and Shadow Temples where the most difficult for me, since both temples were confusing and challenging overall. It's also very frustrating to try to survive in those temples in the Master Quest in OoT: 3D!!! I barely lived throughout my playthroughs of those infamous temples.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Water Temple is definitely the hardest, I don't care what anyone says. Even if you didn't find it as hard as some of us did, it is still more difficult than any other dungeon. I mean....

Deku Tree: Please
Dodongo's Cavern: Creepy at first but not actually hard
Jabu-Jabu's Belly: The electric element makes it more difficult and the layout is complex, but at the end of the day it's still not that bad
Forest Temple: I would say second-hardest dungeon, though I find it harder in a stealth sense than in an actual action sense
Fire Temple: This has always been a walk in the park for me, I'm amazed Pancake that you find it hard :O
Shadow Temple: Scary, yes, hard? Well, the first time yes, but I find when you've done it once it's ok.
Spirit Temple: Fun, but simple
Ganon's Castle: Pretty easy, to be honest, especially for a final dungeon.

The Water Temple however? Hard puzzles, hard action (maybe not Morpha but Dark Link certainly is if you've got lots of heart containers anyway), even the minor enemies have a habit of jumping out at you. You have to swim, which is a pain in the *** in any dungeon. The iron boots make you slow. You have to change the water level what feels like a million times even if it actually isn't that many times. It takes the longest, and at least in the original version, every single door looks the same. Some of the keys are also hard to find. Challenges around every corner, you never feel quite safe, unlike in the other dungeons.

I would have to say that the water temple is the hardest for me. It's not that it's more difficult as such, more that it is so infuriatingly tedious that I find it difficult to actually continue playing past that point. I never want to actually go inside. I waste hours upon hours finding heart pieces and going over every little side quest

Oh my god I do the exact same thing, and I think I find it hardest for the exact same reason

Last edited:

ILU

i luv u
None of the true dungeons were that difficult for me. I guess I'd say the Water Temple mainly because of how tedious it was, as another user mentioned. It's not actually difficult, just annoying.

I always found the Well to be the most difficult. The ambiance is what gets me, and I always have trouble finding the courage to progress. Dead Hand still gives me nightmares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom