• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is the Minish Cap in the Title's Context?

Which is the Minish Cap in the title's context?

• Ezlo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magic Hat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

13foxes

Aren't Ezlo and the Hat the same thing? I'm not gonna spoil it, but Ezlo basically is just a name. :? Whichever form Ezlo is in, he/it is still Ezlo.

Edit:
The Magic Hat is Vaati's hat, the one Ezlo makes.

I thought it was the Ezlo hat. Sorry.

Well, the Magic Hat didn't get mentioned much, so I voted for Ezlo. Ezlo was with Link the whole time (except the beginning). And all titles usually say what are important in the games....

Last edited:
well obviously its Elzo, the minish cap is about the terrible things Vaati did including turning his master into a hat. Elzo the minish cap allows you to shrink down to picori (minish) size so it would make sense that the title is refering to Elzo. Vaatis hat only grants his wishes and has nothing to do with shrinking unless vatti wishes it.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
It could be meant to refer to both. It can be difficult to come up with a descriptive title, and so a lot of creators like it when they can come up with one that has several different layers to it. But to tell the truth, I've never thought about the fact that it could be either before. I always assumed it was Ezlo, and that the pun was that instead of being made by a Minish, the cap literally was a Minish. Interesting question, though.

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
In the literal sense of the meaning, Ezlo is the Minish Cap. He was originally a Minish that was turned into a cap by Vaati.

That's how I see it, anyway. I see how the magic cap could be it, but to me, Ezlo makes more sense.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Hmm coulda sworn that I made a thread just like this a while ago. Maybe it was at a different site. Anyway, I voted Ezlo. It only makes since. Neither Ezlo or the wish granting he creates are ever referred to as the Minish Cap so you have to go by evidence alone. Ezlo is a Minish. He gets transformed into a hat. Thus you have a Minish Cap. The hat creates is made by a Minish but that's not as strong as BEING a Minish. Also, the box art shows Link wearing Ezlo. It doesn't show the magical hat. Also, we see Ezlo throughout the game WAY more than we see the magical hat. Seems pretty clear that they meant for the title to refer to Ezlo.

February Eve said:
It could be meant to refer to both. It can be difficult to come up with a descriptive title, and so a lot of creators like it when they can come up with one that has several different layers to it.
While I'm leaning more toward Ezlo (I never thought anything otherwise), this could be true as well. It's the same with Twilight Princess - who does it refer to, after all?

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
While I'm leaning more toward Ezlo (I never thought anything otherwise), this could be true as well. It's the same with Twilight Princess - who does it refer to, after all?

Midna. Why even ask that?

I always thought it was Ezlo.

He's a cap. Who is a minish. And turns Link to the size of a minish.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
In the game the hat that Ezlo made is referred to as the Minish Cap, but in the game's logo, it shows a shape clearly resembling Ezlo above the word "Cap" and he's actually a Minish. It's probably sort of a dual-meaning play-on-words type thing, the Minish Cap is an important plot device, and one of the main characters is also a Minish Cap. Not coincidentally I'm sure.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
In the game the hat that Ezlo made is referred to as the Minish Cap.

Actually, the term "Minish Cap" is NEVER used in the game. The only time you ever see the term is on the box and the title when you pick which file to play as. Other than that, not a single character ever uses the term "Minish Cap."

If they did, this question would be a lot easier to answer.

Jedizora

:right:
Its elzo, because The mage cap is not used enough to be in the title, and elzo who is a minish cap(was a minish turned into a cap) is used to make you small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom