• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is Harder? ST or PH

H

hero of sea

hi
i think ph is harder than st
but in the last floors of Tower of Spirits it become very hard

O

OrlovYan

I didn't payed ST yet since my brother murderd my DS lite but I must say that the ocean king's temple is easy in my opinion and it's just a very long dungeon.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I've been through all of both the Tower of Spirits and the Ocean King's Temple. At the end of the Tower of Spirits it gets hard.

Z

ZDrocks!

I'd sat ph because it was just hard and annoying going through all the rooms in the ocean kings temple over and over again

PH was easier it took me a day to beat however ST took me less than a week

P.S. M500 maybe you should make this thread page a poll LOL :P

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
PH Ocean's Temple is mainly hard because of the Time limit but in general I think they are a bit equal. In ST you have Zelda who will do the job for you as a Phantom and of course there are floormasters guarding the Boss key. I would say ST is a bit harder because of the many puzzles

T

Taylor

I'm hoping Spirit tracks will present a lil more of a challenge then PH.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I'm positive from what I've experienced that PH is harder simply because it is far more repetitive than ST when it comes to getting quests done (though travel repetitiveness is won by ST.) The Temple of the Ocean King is also a very challenging dungeon that requires some real strategy. It's especially harrowing before you get the Phantom Sword and you can't kill those bleeding Phantoms.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I would have to say Spirit Tracks, by far. Phantom Hourglass did have some tough spots, mainly in the dreaded Temple of the Ocean King. I think also the first time or so, chasing the Ghost Ship was also a bit of a challenge. The first stage of the Bellum Battle was interesting as well, but Eox's fight just seemed a bit unfair in some sections, mainly trying to get his head.

Spirit Track's bosses and Phantom Hourglass's bosses were actually about equal, but Bellum was much more challenging as a boss than Malladus, especially in the final part. Both of the final sections of the final bosses were repetitive, but Bellum at least kept it interesting when he did the spin attack and started to make it harder; Malladus didn't really change anything at all. The bosses in both games were interesting, but Spirit Track's seemed to be more unique, while Phantom Hourglass's bosses felt a bit like a flash back to the past games like Wind Waker and A Link to the Past.

Dungeon wise, Spirit Tracks triumphs Phantom Hourglass. They made greater usage of the items inside of the dungeons and would allow you to use items from past dungeons better, rather than in Phantom Hourglass, where the whole dungeon is wrapped around one item. Overworld wise, Spirit Tracks also wins, because you have to be decisive or otherwise end up in a collision, whereas in Phantom Hourglass, you could easily navigate around. So, whether which one you think is harder depends on which parts of the game you're looking. Overall, however, I think Spirit Tracks wins.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Eh, I'd say it differs in certain areas of the games. PH did have some difficulty when it came to having to traveling through the Temple of the Ocean King over and over again, but when it comes to certain bosses and things, there's not much difficulty there. As for ST, the Tower of Spirits doesn't have the difficulty that the other one did, but when it comes to some bosses (like the final ones, Malludus and Cole) it does have difficulty. So I say that both games each have the same amount of difficulty; it's just in different areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom