• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Which is Better, Twilight Princess or Wind Waker?

Twilight Princess vs Wind Waker

• Wind Waker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twilight Princess

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
[Warning: Spoilers to these Games may be Below]​

Which do you like more? For me, Its Wind Waker for several reasons.

1. Story is better, Why? Mainly because of the, probably stupidest plot twist ever, at the end of Twilight Princess. It, in my opinion, ruins the story.

2. Ganondorf and Zelda are mainly pointless through out most of the story of Twilight Princess... What the heck.

3. Music isnt NEARLY as good as the other Zelda games in Twilight Princess. Probably because its not made with a real Orchestra.

4. I like the fighting in Wind Waker better. They're both the Same pretty much, but Wind Waker's feels more natural to me, and the moves in Twilight Princess are cool and all, but do your really find yourself using most of them in combat? Its kind of inconvienent to use most of them.

5. The Overworld. I know most of you will disagree with me on this, but I found Hyrule field in Twilight Princess for the most part, boring and only useful for some awkwardly placed Side Quests. While Wind Waker's May have that huge Ocean, I actually enjoy it for the most part because of the music, and how cool the water looks. Plus It has 49 Islands all full of Side quests. Thats awesome.

6. Graphics. GASP I know I like the cartoon Graphics and like the way the characters look for the most part. Its just more pleasing to the Eye, to me anyway. Though I Do Love how some of the things look like in Twilight Princess over Wind Waker. Which is Probably Why I LOVE the way Skyward Sword looks, because its visuals are an amazing combination of the two :D

But this is just me :) What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I'm against some other people on this but I actually liked Twilight Princess better. Twilight Princess felt more real to me and had better graphics and motion controll (for Wii.) Though, it is a darker game and focused more toward teens, I find it more challenging and more fun. I enjoyed Midna as a sidekick as she was funny and sarcastic and had an attitude that I could relate to. Overall, Twilight Princess had a better story in comparison to The Wind Waker, as it actually makes more sence. Sure Wind Waker makes sence but this is what happens - His sister gets kidnapped and he goes to save her leading up to many other events. But in Twilight Princess, you actually explore more in the beginning and when you find Midna, things start coming together in the story. Plus, Wind Waker had that stupid sailing which drove me insane sailing across the Great Sea in a talking red boat in the middle of nowhere. But Twilight Princess has Epona, which I believe is a better transportation as she can go fast, and defeat enimies at the same time. Though, the one thing I do have against Twilight Princess is Ganondorf. As many of you know, Zant was the main villain until Ganondorf just decided he was going to join the party then BOOM. Ganondorf is the main boss now! Zant was a good villain as he was and I think that Ganondorf should've never made an appearance.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
TWW had a better plot and a better Ganondorf in my opinion...so, which would I pick other than Wind Waker? :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I prefer Twilight princess. I had a better time playing it, Ganondorf was more evil and I preferred the art style. Although I found Wind wakers to be imaginative I did not find it as pretty, some of the environments in TP looked really nice like the Temple of time ruins, Gerudo desert and Snowpeak. I also prefer midna to a talking boat, I felt far more attached to her than I did the King of red Lions and I was more sad when Ganondorf got a sword shoved in his head than when the King stayed to be flooded. I was traumatised with Midna's departure. TP had more dungeons and more fun and imaginitive bosses. Morpheel and Stallord are my two favouries, swimming after Morpheel was really fun and sand surfing on the spinner to break Stallords spine was great also. And WW's triforce hunt, that spoils it for me because no matter how great the rest of the game is I know I will have to spend hours of my time doing this quest every time I replay the game.

Wind waker had a much better soundtrack. The out of dungeon music was the best in the series for me, especially dragon roost island theme. Fighting in the Wind waker was allot better also. Link was much more agile and swung his sword faster and in allot of different ways.It just looked visually more exciting combat wise. I loved that you could pick up weapons that belonged to your enemies and the spoils bag was good too and made killing enemies rewarding. I will also say the Chu's in the Wind waker were very cute and better than TP's version.

Both games have good points but TP is the one that has the most good points for me.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
I'm against some other people on this but I actually liked Twilight Princess better. Twilight Princess felt more real to me and had better graphics and motion controll (for Wii.) Though, it is a darker game and focused more toward teens, I find it more challenging and more fun. I enjoyed Midna as a sidekick as she was funny and sarcastic and had an attitude that I could relate to. Overall, Twilight Princess had a better story in comparison to The Wind Waker, as it actually makes more sence. Sure Wind Waker makes sence but this is what happens - His sister gets kidnapped and he goes to save her leading up to many other events. But in Twilight Princess, you actually explore more in the beginning and when you find Midna, things start coming together in the story. Plus, Wind Waker had that stupid sailing which drove me insane sailing across the Great Sea in a talking red boat in the middle of nowhere. But Twilight Princess has Epona, which I believe is a better transportation as she can go fast, and defeat enimies at the same time. Though, the one thing I do have against Twilight Princess is Ganondorf. As many of you know, Zant was the main villain until Ganondorf just decided he was going to join the party then BOOM. Ganondorf is the main boss now! Zant was a good villain as he was and I think that Ganondorf should've never made an appearance.
Yeah, I guess some of this is True. But one thing I felt was wrong with the story of Twilight Princess, Is one, That Ganon fact, and Two, That Wind Waker's Ganon Mainly has a reason for what hes doing, unlike in Twilight Princess with how he just shows up and wants to kill them all and such (Admitedly this the ussual in some cases, minus the just showing up part) But in Wind Waker, He simply wants revenge. This is the Ganon from OOT who wants to Find Zelda's Decendent, and THEN rise of the flooded land and become its King. Its not that much better, but in my opinion it still is by a little bit :). If it wasnt for that stupid Ending Plot twist from Twilight Princess, It might have won me in Story for the most part. And I wouldve giving points for Sword Play with the WIImote in TP, But its mainly Wagling. On the Other hand the Aiming with it is Awesome :D

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
While both games have their ups and downs, I slightly prefer Twilight Princess overall. Let's jump to the categories!

Controls: Twilight Princess
TP wins here because you could do much more, aiming with the Wiimote is arguably more fun than with an analog stick. Also there were more special sword attacks in TP. And we may not forget Epona >>> boat when it comes to moving. You get along with her much faster, you can override enemies and when you use an item you don't have to do a complete stop.

Overworld: Twilight Princess
While still not as good as other overworlds (especially aLttP and MM), TP's is much better than that of WW. Getting from A to B is much faster and there's at least some terrain variation instead of an always-the-same-looking boring opaque sea with comparably microscopic islands scattered throughout it. There were also more boring parts in WW in general, the Triforce quest was much more annoying than TP's shadow insects.

Dungeons: Twilight Princess
First, there's considerably more of them and second, they are themed better (although WW isn't that bad either). There's not that much backtracking (to give an example, I especially hated those three successive grappling hook ledges that you had to go down and up in Dragon Roost cavern and watch that same cutscene SIX times in a row). And I think that TP's dungeon had more 3D interaction, you had to go up and down much more (I don't mean regular stairs/floors but interaction in the same room).

Bosses/Enemies: Twilight Princess
Even though they are way too easy in both games for my taste, WW's are even easier than TP's. I think TP's are also more creative (for example Stallord). At least in TP there were some enemies that did a full heart damage (those insect things in the castle sewers are an example, and you only have 3 hearts at that point) and falling into the lava meant 2 hearts damage quite early in the game (can't remember how much it did in WW but probably only 1/4 or 1/2)

Items: Wind Waker
TP had cool items but most of them weren't put to use much outside of the dungeons they were found it (Spinner, Rod, Ball & Chain...). WW did things a lot better in that respect. Especially the grappling hook, Deku leaf and boomerang were put to good use. Oh, and WW was the last Zelda game in which you could use magic (like fire/ice/light arrows), too bad it was scrapped from TP and not re-introduced in SS.

Graphics: Twilight Princess
This is a rather personal thing, but I thought WW's were too over-saturated so that there isn't much change between areas. Cel-shading in general is OK for me but I really don't like the extreme body proportions in WW, I mean if your eyes are double the size of your feet then maybe you should see a doctor (jk). Some characters looked downright stupid IMO (for example Beedle, and I HATE that they imported him 1:1 into SS) Also the graphics made underwater action impossible which really sucks because I love water temples!
Unlike many others have said, I don't think that TP is too "brown" or "dull" at all. Some dungeons are darker, but they have to be to fit the atmosphere. But other places (like the Temple of Time or the spirit springs) are actually very bright and colourful, which makes a good contrast to other, darker areas, a contrast that is lost in WW because almost everything is mega bright and you can't make it even brighter to generate a contrast.

Music: Tie
Can't really decide here, both games had massive soundtracks with many new unique tracks. Most of the music also fit very well with the atmosphere at the respective moments. I also liked both new overworld tracks, maybe even slightly more than OoT's (but doesn't come close to the original Zelda theme ;)).

Story:
Wind Waker
WW definitely had a more interesting storyline, things were explained better and Ganon didn't rush in in the last minute from out of nowhere.

NPCs: Wind Waker
WW easily wins here too, especially Zelda and Ganon played a much more active role than in TP and there were lots of other people (esp. in side quests) you could interact with. TP disappointed a bit here, I could never really feel much of a connection to Ilia at all and besides her most characters were quite bland and seen only 1-2 times, you couldn't even talk to most of the people in the town.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
I can't pick between the two. Both had wonderful stories told in two different but excellent ways. Both had interesting graphics, what with one going more realistic while the other goes for a more retro cartoon-like feel. Both had expansive worlds that were chocked full of treasure and required exploration. Both Ganon's were menacing in their own ways. For me, it's a draw.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
I can't pick between the two. Both had wonderful stories told in two different but excellent ways. Both had interesting graphics, what with one going more realistic while the other goes for a more retro cartoon-like feel. Both had expansive worlds that were chocked full of treasure and required exploration. Both Ganon's were menacing in their own ways. For me, it's a draw.

you found this menacing:

Ganondorf_Wind_Waker.png

sure, each to their own, but to me he just looks silly. seems as though the best way for him to beat Link would be to sit on him, death by smothering.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
you found this menacing:

Ganondorf_Wind_Waker.png

sure, each to their own, but to me he just looks silly. seems as though the best way for him to beat Link would be to sit on him, death by smothering.
And Ironicly This ^ Ganondorf is actually more complex then Twilight Princess'. And to be fair, I dont really find someone who has night curlers in their hair scary, even remotely
images

Im just Saying :)

geek4887

The Unknown
Well...Twilight Princess is better, nuff said. My opinion on this might be biased because I like the art direction of Twilight Princess better, but let's get to the main point: gameplay. Twilight Princess' gameplay was WAY better than that of Wind Waker. Sprinkle just a few more mini-games and sidequests in Twilight Princess, and make it less linear, and BAM! Best. Zelda game. Ever (Oh, did I mention to take away Ganondorf, too?). Twilight Princess introduced the hidden skills, which was just truly amazing. It added more flavor to combat, rather than just plain old sword combos that get old. The boss fights were also fun, and memorable, considering how HUGE the bosses were, and how clever it was to destroy them. Navigating the Hyrule Field was certainly way better than the Great Sea. I mean come on, fighting on horseback? Even Ocarina never did that. The final boss fight was a bit, well, let's say Wind Waker won that one. Midna was also very ok as a sidekick. The King of the Red Lions is certainly promising, but Midna was actually pretty realistic. Have you truly seen a person who's 100% nice ALL the time? Sure, Midna was a jerk, but wasn't Tatl, too?

Anyways, I rest my case :right:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom