• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is Better: Harry Potter or Twilight?

Which is better?

• Harry Potter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twilight

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
I guess both are all right. But maybe Harry Potter. Why? This is why:

Hermione: Harry, look! There's a girl with a vampire!
Harry: Stand back, I got this!
Bella: Are you sure about this?
Edward: I have to destroy Hogwarts for your safety Bella. *runs offs*
Bella: *Yells Out* Alright Edward, just becar-
Harry: STUPIFY! FLIPENDO! EXPELIARMUS!
*Weird vampire flies through the sky, dead*
Bella: ful....Oh no, not Edward! *emotional crying* Eh, what the heck. I'll just hang out with Jacob.

That's why I like Harry Potter more. :)

Caeda

Keyblade Master
Hermione: Harry, look! There's a girl with a vampire!
Harry: Stand back, I got this!
Bella: Are you sure about this?
Edward: I have to destroy Hogwarts for your safety Bella. *runs offs*
Bella: *Yells Out* Alright Edward, just becar-
Harry: STUPIFY! FLIPENDO! EXPELLIARMUS!
*Weird vampire flies through the sky, dead*
Bella: ful....Oh no, not Edward! *emotional crying* Eh, what the heck. I'll just hang out with Jacob.

That's why I like Harry Potter more. :)

Epic win. Just had to say that.

So far, Harry Potter's winning about 55 to 2. Yeah, it's better.

Also, I think I'll add on to my post. I've read all of the Potter books (several times), and I loved them. I read the first Twilight book, the end of the second, and the end of the fourth. It's bad when I just skip one of the books completely. And I'll admit that I didn't get into HP until a couple years after Deathy Hallows cake out, but I still love it. Twilight really doesn't make me like it at all.

P

Phanatick

Sooo many things to say, but first, let me settle my side: Harry Potter.

I honestly can't even begin to understand the plot to Tw*light, no offense to Stephenie Meyer because I do think about how she must see these posts and think "Wow, is it really all that bad?" and "WHY J.K. ROWLING DID YOU HAVE TO WRITE THE MOST AMAZING BOOKS EVER AND HAVE SO MANY DEDICATED FANS THAT REPEATEDLY SHOW HOW AWESOME YOU ARE?!?!?" but anyway, I must admit that the romance in both series isn't the best ever, even sticking to the books, because face it, we all know Daniel Radcliffe completely ruined the part of Harry Potter. As for Tw*light, I don't know WHAT she was thinking writing that romance/vampire/supposed to be suspense? maybe? I'm not sure...I never got through the first book, I gave up about halfway through and threw it at the wall....No, I'm really not kidding...I think it's under my bed *shivers* I really should find some gloves, get that thing, and burn it so I don't have to feel like Cedric has come back from the dead to watch me sleep...

I, myself, am I dedicated Harry Potter fan and avid MyLifeIsAverage reader, J.K. Rowling has nothing but my complete support. Not the dissing of Tw*light novels, movies and fans, because it is true, Twihards, or should I say Tryhards? Can be extremely rude, they've tried to create a MyLifeIsTw*light even.

A message to all Tw*light fans: Insulting fans of a different nature and completely opposite beliefs gets you nowhere. Find a point, any realistic point at all and maybe we"ll start listening. Dissing people doesn't get fans, talent and appreciation gets fans. If only you appreciated us maybe we'd begin to understand what you see in Tw*ilight....Maybe.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Sooo many things to say, but first, let me settle my side: Harry Potter.

I honestly can't even begin to understand the plot to Tw*light, no offense to Stephenie Meyer because I do think about how she must see these posts and think "Wow, is it really all that bad?" and "WHY J.K. ROWLING DID YOU HAVE TO WRITE THE MOST AMAZING BOOKS EVER AND HAVE SO MANY DEDICATED FANS THAT REPEATEDLY SHOW HOW AWESOME YOU ARE?!?!?" but anyway, I must admit that the romance in both series isn't the best ever, even sticking to the books, because face it, we all know Daniel Radcliffe completely ruined the part of Harry Potter. As for Tw*light, I don't know WHAT she was thinking writing that romance/vampire/supposed to be suspense? maybe? I'm not sure...I never got through the first book, I gave up about halfway through and threw it at the wall....No, I'm really not kidding...I think it's under my bed *shivers* I really should find some gloves, get that thing, and burn it so I don't have to feel like Cedric has come back from the dead to watch me sleep...

I, myself, am I dedicated Harry Potter fan and avid MyLifeIsAverage reader, J.K. Rowling has nothing but my complete support. Not the dissing of Tw*light novels, movies and fans, because it is true, Twihards, or should I say Tryhards? Can be extremely rude, they've tried to create a MyLifeIsTw*light even.

A message to all Tw*light fans: Insulting fans of a different nature and completely opposite beliefs gets you nowhere. Find a point, any realistic point at all and maybe we"ll start listening. Dissing people doesn't get fans, talent and appreciation gets fans. If only you appreciated us maybe we'd begin to understand what you see in Tw*ilight....Maybe.

Daniel Radcliffe was the best Harry Potter we could have asked for, but I do agree on the romance part (especially in the movies). Harry basically fell for the closest person we have to a Mary Sue in the Harry Potter series, as she is the girl everyone wants, but that only Harry gets (and Michael Corner and Dean Thomas too, for a bit). She also fights the Carrows and Snape after he leaves her, instead of moaning and whining about how her boyfriend isn't there. In the movies, there was next to no chemistry between the two of them, and it was pretty terribly done. Now, Ron and Hermione was brilliantly done. They were so opposite in personality that they HAD to end up together, and they did in a brilliantly executed romance on Rowling's part.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I may not like Twilight, but I can respect that people like it, and will not insult or downgrade them for it, rather try to get them to open their minds. The stereotype for a Twilight fan is a pre-teen to teenage girl, I know stereotypyes are not true, usually, but, stereotypes exist for a reason. And in the case of Twilight, the stereotype is usually quite accurate, and I try to ignore rudeness on their part, and try to befriend them. If they make it too difficult, however, I give up.

Nyan Cat

Nyan! Nyan!
I like Shatlight because it's poorly written and provides a quick laugh, but I LOVE Harry Poter because not only does it have a great story, but It has Voldemort...the man of whom has no nose because I ate it <3

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Umm, *puts on all caps rage* DAMN HARRY POTTER......dude I read all the twilight books and they were boring as hell. Once I read Harry potter it was awesome but I am only on Goblet of Fire

Twilight just, just, stinks more than a rotten egg! Harry Potter on the other hand, just, amazing. You can't explain the feeling of it. It is so good I could read it a SECOND time and still enjoy it!(even though there were a few boring parts)

Wow, I'd love to post why Harry Potter is actually worth reading, and why I can't believe Twilight even exists or is a notable series at all, but I'm stunned by the fact that this is even a plausible question.

Like, I'm at a loss of words that one could even think Twilight compares to Harry Potter.

Ugh.

The anwser is here everybody... wooow.....

D

darkbeastganon

Twilight sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HP IS SO MUCH BETTER TIMES A BILLION!!!!!!!!!!!

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
*Ahem*
Basically, of these two tremendously huge series, which was better? And I don't want to see "Zomg, Twilite was soo much bttr, becuz it had Edward Cullen <<<333 in it and hez sooo hott :)" I want a statement with points in both of them you have compared to each other and which series overall has come out on top. Now, I have had a run in with a Twi-hard who did this little number to it. "The titlz are wut makes Twilit bettr than Harry Pitty right now. Twilight. Light = Purity = Jesus. Harry Potter. Hairy (bad hygene frumt eh very get go) POTter (sublimnal messge to gro pot in the titl of the books)." Please spell correctly, for JK Rowling's sake! I'm sure she'd have a heart attack if she saw how terribly some Twi-hards can spell.

The above is NOT something to compare. Do NOT simply bash either series (even if you hate Twilight to the point where you want to use it for toilet paper, as all people should) (ho ho, c wut I did ther? I contrdicted meself!). The five points I do want to see in all of them are: a) how good were the plots of the series, b) how good was the romance, and was it a believable one, c) how polite are the fans (but I think this one is more of an automatic point to Harry Potter, because those Twihards can be so rude sometimes. Don't believe me? Look on Yahoo! Answers for the user Cullen 4ever. She is one of those annoying trolls Quirrell needs to stop letting out of his dungeons (I mad anuthr funnie!)), d) would you give it to your children to read at the age of 8, and e) how well are the characters described? And no, I do not want you to compare JUST Edward Cullen to the ENTIRE Harry Potter cast. Cullen has about twenty chapters per book of information.

In case you haven't been reading my post very well, I cast my vote for the Harry Potter series.
A) Plot of Harry Potter: Kept you guessing. Plot of Twilight: Wait. there was a plot?
:cool: Romance of Harry Potter far destroys the romance of Twilight. Romance of Harry Potter: "You're not around, so I'm going to do what I can to help you fight Voldemort" -Ginny Weasley. Romance of Twilight: "I watch you while you sleep. I find it fascinating." "Edward that's so romantic, I don't know what I would do without you!" a few books later "I'm gonna go jmp off a cliff!! Edward's not here! I miss having your perfect *REST OF CONTENT CENSORED DUE TO ANNOYANCE AND UTTER GAYNESS IN THE EYES OF THIS READER*
C) Fans of Harry Potter: "You don't like Harry Potter? Well, I suppose that's your choice, but I seriously think you need to reread the entire series." Fans of Twilight: "ZOMG! HOW CAN U HATES TWILIT? ITS, LIKE, THE BEST SEREES EVR!! YOU HAS NO SOUL!!!"
D) Harry Potter: Yes, I would. It is what transformed me from a naive child, barely knowledgeable about death, into the man I am today, for better or worse. Twilight: No freaking way. I don't want my children to be obsessed with vampires. Nor do I want them to think that it's romantic to have someone watch you while you're asleep, unless they're sick, and I'm their father.
E) Description of troll in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: "Twelve feet tall, its skin was a dull, granite grey, its great lumpy body like a boulder with its small bald head perched on top like a coconut." Description comparison in Twilight: Edward, perfection that has to be mentioned every couple of words. Bella, took four books for me to simply get a general idea of how she looked. And Kristen Stewart didn't help at all.

So, responses? And by the way, these are based on actual experiences. All of the Twilight fan things are word for word, letter for letter, annoyance for annoyance.

Follow the rules, please. That means EVERYONE. We don't want to cause full scale war among the ZD members. Though it would be a very one-sided war.....

Last edited:
K

Kokiri Who Dat

I tried watching Twillight, but it was to boring, to me it was just, "OMG I love him OMG no I love him OMG vampires OMG wolves!" Long story short, after a hour I switched to Phineas and Ferb. I don't like all these new Harry Potter movies, because it feels like the same thing over and over again...But I like the first three movies, because it was exciting and it seemed pretty cool, so Harry Potter gets my vote!

i personally dont see any competition between Twilight and Harry Potter. Harry Potter had more popularity than Twilight. Twilight is just a movie phase everyone is gettin gaga over. Im pretty sure everyone on herw grew up with Harry Potter and it is just more fun. I <3 Harry Potter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom