• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Games Do You Have Intentions on Completing, but Never Do?

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Some widely acclaimed games this past gen like Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption, Deus Ex Human Rev, Fallout New Vegas, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Batman Arkham City, Rayman Origins and the like I've tried to get myself to complete. But in the end I just wasn't interested in them personally. They're all great games, looking at it objectively, but some experiences I'll just miss out on.

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
Most of my 360 games actually... I always stop playing to switch to something else.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I do this way too much. I will play a game for a while and then hit one point, maybe a challenge that I need to take a break from, and then time starts passing and before I know it I haven't played the game for so long and it makes more sense to start over. Or I will just want to play some other game for a while and the same happens. I rarely actually finish a game completely, lol (my signature will attest to that, as I've only actually completed 3 Zelda titles, while I've actually tried out/played a lot of them). Some games I absolutely intend to go back to and finish, while some games I also quit with the knowledge that I will not go back to complete (not just games I don't like either, but just games where I just want to continue past a certain point).

With Zelda titles it's Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword (and Spirit Tracks, but I haven't restarted it, just paused it before finishing what I think is the last dungeon) - I think I will continue past the current point somewhere down the line with TP and MM (especially with MM3D coming out) and I am hopeful about that because I did go back to WW and not only completed it, but also 100%-ed it. I'm not so sure about SS because of the Silent Realms and motion controls issues. Who knows, though.

I also really want to finish Super Mario Bros 3 at some point. I seriously love that game, but I still haven't managed to beat the 8th world, keep wasting upgrades on falling into pits and such in the levels (while the tanks and challenges are things I get by without much trouble). And I've restarted it more times than I can count.

I would have said Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon not long ago, but I finally returned to play it and am currently on the fifth and final mansion.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, the first two Metroid games, and Wario Land 1-3 are other Nintendo games that I've put off for the longest time.

As far as Playstation games go, I still need to complete Uncharted 3.

I don't think think there are any Xbox games I need to catch up on. Then again, I just about only play Halo.

On Steam I have a lot left to do in the Bioshock games, Fallout 3, and Oblivion and Skyrim.

Bishop Rodan

Godslayer
Baten Kaitos: Origins. I've never completed, despite it being a great game and me loving the first game dearly. It doesn't help that the game is hard as ****.

LinkIsSexy

Kissing Link is like chocolate; rich and sweet.
Kingdom Hearts I and II, all three of the Sly Cooper games, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap (can't tell you how many times I've restarted it), and Skyward Sword (but only cause I was forced to restart when I got my WiiU).

ETA: Wind Waker. Now there's a tale of woe: I got a copy when I was 13 and got all the way to the Wind Temple but sold it for a really dumb reason a year later. Then my current boyfriend sent me his only copy and now I'm in the same situation. Talk about history repeating itself.

Last edited:

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Diamond are the ones that currently come to mind.

I have no patience for completing Diamond due to the fact that it runs incredibly slowly, and I had played through Emerald so many times and restarted so many times that I just lost the motivation for completing it. I finally got to the Elite Four this last time, but then my team was too sucky and I couldn't beat it -_-

ich Will

Not very nearfetch'd
There are a whole ton of them, it's messed up what kind of backlog you can accumulate. I feel like I'm hoarding games. And best of all, I just keep buying new ones! As if that's going to make it better! lol.

I mean really there are so many enjoyable games out there, some people just buy and play one game every now and then (two to four games per year?) and have a blast, while others (like me) constantly buy games and hardly enjoy them, much less even play them halfway through. Finishing them is another story.

And those Steam sales. At least you can completely get rid of physical games, but digital games will always be tied to your login info (unless you decide to throw or give away your account). Not quite as flexible as physical media. Maybe that's just me, but I prefer being able to give away or sell a game should I want to.

As for the thread's question: some games that come to mind for me are Skyrim and Metroid Prime 3. Those are the ones I'm the most keen on beating, but I'm not even sure it'll happen.

Last edited:

Ty.

Ok, but dogs CAN look up!
I'm struggling to finish The Answer for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES as well. Which is sad, because I genuinely enjoyed The Journey – it was an emotional experience that stuck with me long after the credits rolled. The Answer, however, just doesn't pull at my heartstrings like The Journey did. The Answer also strips out what made The Journey so good and essentially turned it into a pointless grindfest. A shame, really.

Here's the thing about The Answer....
It is not worth it. It really just isn't. The only reason I finished it was because I turned on a few cheats and just ran through it.
The only thing that makes it worth it is the story. And depending on how you feel about the main game's story... this is SUPER love it or hate it. I fall under the "hate it" category. Lol.

There is a few nice moments involving Yukari, but aside from that, it's largely forgettable. If you really want to know, just youtube it. It isn't worth grinding 100 hours to see an hour's worth of story.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
A Link Between Worlds. I keep wanting to beat it, but I'm just too busy playing other games to do it.

Also Dark Souls. Screw that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom