• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Games Do You Have Intentions on Completing, but Never Do?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Probably Link's Awakening. I got it for free when I bought ALBW around a year ago, but I've still yet to complete it. I seem to pick it up every month or so, complete a dungeon and leave it for another month. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great game, it's just that I'm not that engaged to motivate myself to complete it.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (just couldn't get into it after a while)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (I know, I'm a monster)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (got bored)
Prince of Persia Trilogy (pushed through the first, played some of 2, still looking for motivation to finish)
Crysis (got bored)
Borderlands (practically done, but there's this one boss fight from the DLC that's just impossible in 2-player co-op)

That's pretty much it for now. I've been recently going back and finishing games I left for dead like Halo: Reach on Legendary difficulty on solo which I'm currently working on and I've also got back to Super Mario Bros. 3 but I feel like I'm ignoring it again, so I'll make sure to get back to that.

Chinagin

Son Just Died. Huh.
I really wanted to beat Bravely Default, but about halfway through I just started to get completely mauled by every boss fight and it just started to get annoying after a while. I felt like I was OP as fk but I still couldn't kill the buggers and it was just a "what's the point" sort of feeling. I still wanna go back and try to beat it, but with Smash Bros 4 coming out...its unlikely it will happen soon.

River City Ransom
Metroid
StarTropics
Diddy's Kong Quest-that's due to frustration though, because of evil levels like Castle Crush and the unbeatable (for me) Toxic Tower
Breath of Fire
Sonic the Hedgehog-again due to frustration, the labyrinth zone p***** me off!
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
A Link to the Past
all Pokémon games-I just lose steam after a while and I've restarted LG several times to downsize my pokemon collection
Kirby's Dreamland 2
Heavenly Guardian-I bought it cuz it was less then 5 bucks and call me spoiled now but a game without a way to save your progress in this day and age leaves much to be desired, especially when they were using saves, passwords and automatic saves during the nes/snes/sega genesis' heyday

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
resident evil 5, 6, and revelations have been on my "to complete" list for a while now. i just added darksiders II to the list a bit ago.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Shin Megami Tensei IV.
Metal Gear Solid IV.
Lost Planet 3.
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X.

I like them all, but just never finished them.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Like another user, I too struggle with Bravely Default, albeit for a different reason. Spoilers for Chapter Five and beyond ahead:

What has me struggling to slog through the game is how it makes you repeat the same thing four times. You fight the same Crystal bosses four times, you fight the same Asterisk bearers four times, but at least they attempt to make things interesting with them by switching it up and making new teams to beat, forcing you to change your strategy (unless your just cheesing through the game with High Jump shenanigans).

How do I know this? I couldn't take it anymore and read up on the rest of the game. I want to beat this game, I want to complete it but it's far too tedious and all this could have been avoided if the heroes would just have confronted Airy about it in the first place.

I'm struggling to finish The Answer for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES as well. Which is sad, because I genuinely enjoyed The Journey – it was an emotional experience that stuck with me long after the credits rolled. The Answer, however, just doesn't pull at my heartstrings like The Journey did. The Answer also strips out what made The Journey so good and essentially turned it into a pointless grindfest. A shame, really.

D

Deleted member 14134

Every untouched game in my steam library that I bought on sale....

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
I have this problem where i start games but halfway through or near the end i get interested in something else and forget about the first one. Either that or i can't beat the final boss so i lose interest. It's like that with Final Fantasy IX, my characters aren't nearly high enough levels and i forgot to do the sidequests earlier in the game to get the powerful weapons so i'm way too weak. So that's never getting finished.

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
I have a few:

Half-Life 2 Episode 2: I just haven't gotten around to beating I started playing Counter Strike: Source it even though I loved the first 2, but since I had to uninstall all my Steam games I might try and play it again.

Pokemon Black 2: I should really play this more since I'm only borrowing it, but for some reason I just can't get into hand held games as much as console games.

Pac-Man World: That stupid 3rd boss and the fact that I have to start my file over is why I haven't beaten it yet.

Rayman: I've had to restart this game twice now, so I don't feel like starting again as of right now.

Metal Gear Solid 3: My disc doesn't work I can only get to a certain point in the game, but it doesn't load past there.

Rayman 2: Revolution: I'm at the Canopy it took me forever to beat the canopy in the 3DS version and it's all because of that stupid spider that I'm scared to death of.

Djinn

and Tonic
Wild Arms 4 and Wild Arms 5, I got both about 4 years ago and played though about 8 hours of 4 then never picked it back up again.

Pretty much the same story with Kingdom Hearts. I bought both of those at the same time also, played through the intro of the first game then never bothered playing it again after that. But not because I hated it. I just never turned it back on again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom