• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Which Game Had the Best Use of Items?

Which Game Had the Best Use of Items

• Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seasons

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I went with Skyward Sword as well. I liked that you had a good use for everything, especially the clawshot and the beetle, those were so useful throughout.

The worst use of items in a game has got to be TP. Yeah, there were plenty of items, but you used each item like ONCE. Such a waste of space. Maybe if they had spent less of the data space on pointless items, they could've made some of the items better and more useful. Or, you know, they could have made the game better overall. Who knows.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Once again, I'm going with Skyward Sword, simply because of how balanced everything was in it. Yes, it didn't have quite as many main items as other games, but it used (almost) all of them pretty evenly throughout. The Adventure Pouch was also a really good idea; rather than simply carrying everything with us all the time in some kind of nonsensical Hammerspace, it caused players to evaluate their play strategy and equip items accordingly. Love it.

If it wasn't for that balance, though, I'd probably go with MM. I just loved messing around with those masks, and all of the other items were fun to mess around with. They also saw a lot of use throughout the game as well (most of them).

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
From what I've played, most likely Ocarina of Time. I felt that Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword did a pretty poor job of handling items. You only used so many items in so little places that they soon became worthless. OoT handled its items rather well, but there's always room for improvement, I suppose.

Wind Waker

Its a bit of a cheat because Wind Waker had so few items in it compared to the likes of OoT, ALttP and TP. But i still think it comes out head and shoulders above the rest for item usage regardless.
Not only did we have to reuse our items everywhere we went, ensuring that they were never forgotten, but the items doubled up. We hadn't really seen items dobling up in usage before, maybe a little bit here and there but Wind Waker really made it work.
The Deku Leaf for example; we could use it to waft enemies away, move objects for puzzles and blow out torches etc, but we could also use it for gliding over long distances, not just when the game told us to but any time we wanted.
The grappling hook was not only used to swing over gaps but also to steal collectables from enemies and it became a salvaging hook for the King of Red Lions which was very handy.
Then we had the classics like the bow and its magic elemental arrows and the hammer all being used as and when for numerous things too.

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
Majora's Mask by far because the masks, as well as the items you get make it a very diverse style of gameplay. Wether you're blowing things up with your face, wearing what is the equivalent of a forever alone mask, and a mask that helps you complete the sidequest you did to get it and get more hugs from a red-head!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Hmmmm...I never considered how often the item was used in "best usage". What I considered more was how much I enjoyed using the items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom