• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Game Had The Best Soundtrack?

One of the most notable things in the Zelda series that has helped etch the games into the minds of fans has always been the enduring music. From the iconic and original main theme to sinister dungeon melodies, to the more ambient musical styles of Ocarina's temples, to the sweeping orchestral sky ballads, almost every game has boasted some thoroughly impressive music. Even Breath of the Wild, a game that seems to mostly eschew overworld music, really put some punch into much of its situational and locational songs. Boarding Divine Beasts, battling Blights, being spotted by Guardians, or storming the corrupted Hyrule Castle all sport impressive music.

In the opinions of those here, I'd like to know what games you feel have the best overall soundtrack? Not just "which song is your favorite", but taken as a whole, which game do you think sets the highest benchmark with its score?

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Ocarina of Time, hands down. The soundtrack has such a variety of style and tone, fitting for every context in the game and hella memorable to boot. The tunes were so expertly accomplished for such simple midi music, and Koji Kondo really knew how to do more with less.

Almost every track in OoT is a memorable hit to me, whereas every other Zelda game maybe only a few numbers if any really stand out.

Twilight Princess has a few tunes that are my absolute favorite. Beautiful, gorgeous and sublime! Midna's Theme and Midna's Lament are my favorites, the Hyrule Field theme both during the day and at night. Lake Hylia, Snowpeak, Death Mountain's OoT remix... and Oh Hylia!! Don't even get me started on the raging nostalgia boner I get for the Lost Wood's remix of Saria's Song. so many gorgeous tunes that are superior to OoT in every way.

Even the trailer music was balls rocking.

But somehow OoT just sticks with me stronger. Maybe it's nostalgia. Maybe OoT's soundtrack is more catchy compared to TP's more subliminal beauty.

MW7

Wind Waker is my favorite. Hearing the music just makes me smile and want to play the game.

Ninja

Well well well
I love just about every Zelda games music, but if I had to pick one that really pulls the game together and has an amazing theme for each village or moment, it would definitely be Wind Waker.

OoT and TP are up there as well.

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
Very tough choice, even in a series where recurring music is common. If I had to choose, I would probably roll with A Link to the Past, as not only does it have awesome tunes in its own right like Hyrule Castle and the Lost Woods, but it set the stage for many familiar and iconic tunes to make an impact in future installments.

Personally, I think that Wind Waker has the best overall soundtrack, and is able to most often fit the music to the situation. Plus, I enjoy many of the versions of some songs that are very different takes on their original, like the Outset Island, Forest Haven, and Windfall Island themes. And Dragon Roost is one of my favorite location songs. And of course, while I don't think that The Great Sea's theme is my favorite overworld theme of all of them, I do think it's the best at working alongside and enhancing what you're seeing and doing while it plays.

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
Definitely OoT for me. That game's soundtrack is so beautifully woven together, it's hard to not get those songs stuck in your head.

I am NOT a fan of the Dragon Roost Island theme at all, actually...
eu8pwf6qprgg0hxfplxw.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom