• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Which Do You Recommend: ALttP or LA?

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
Okay so I know I want to start one of these very soon, but I can't decide which one? What do you guys recommend? Also, please include why you are recommending the one you choose so I can pick easier. Thank you all in advance:).

ikilltoonlink

ಠ_ಠ mr. Observant
witch ones have you done? if you haven't done Oot or MM or Alttp then you sold do them I wold start with Alttp then go to Oot then MM.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
If you're wanting a serious adventure game filled with adventure, A Link to the Past. If you're looking for a more laid back, just for the fun of it game, Link's Awakening. (Yes, LA has some serious moments, but you know what I'm talking about. It was a very comical game.)

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I'd recommend both, because ALTTP and LA have a great storyline, musics, and fun to play...

A Link to the Past by such an incredibly large margin.

A Link to the Past is a much, much larger story filled with many more puzzles, dungeons and storyline. It's obviously going to be though, since it was originally a console game. To me, this is definitely the best out of the two, it's such a beautifully done game, and is still fun to play to this day.

Link's Awakening I've never been too much a fan of myself, as it lacks many of the qualities the other games have. I find it kind of like a boring car ride game, and I think that's all it will ever really be.

I don't really like LA, but it's a stable Zelda game. What I would say is A Link to the Past is an essential play for any Zelda fan. So get that one.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Personally, I adore LA, but I think you should play ALttP first. You won't be able to pick up on some of the references in LA if you haven't played ALttP.
ALttP is a very solid, gameplay-oriented Zelda with great dungeons and items, and is a very no-nonsense kind of Zelda game.
LA, on the other hand, is bizarre and eccentric, with an absolutely enthralling story and very solid gameplay. If you're looking for a more traditional Zelda experience, I'd suggest going with ALttP. You should definitely pick up LA after that, though; it's a rare gem that doesn't get as much credit as it deserves.

It all really depends on your taste of butter.

A Link to the Past is kinda lengthy, with about 11 or so dungeons. But they're not very long or very difficult. A Link to the Past has a LOT more items than Link's Awakening, and more overworld to explore. ALttP is more difficult (at least I thought so). The story has a lot more to it.

Link's Awakening is much shorter, with 8 dungeons. The dungeons in the game are more confusing since there are so many secret passageways and such that you have to find. There are less items. The game is very comical, and the story is short but sweet.

I would recommend Link's Awakening, but that's probably just because it's my favorite Zelda game. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom