• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Book Are You Currently Reading?

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I just finished with the fifth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, A Dance with Dragons. Rather enjoyable, but honestly, I feel like Martin has lost his touch since the ending of A Storm of Swords. Maybe I'll be eating these words when the next book is released.

Speaking of which, since there's no word on when The Winds of Winter will be released, I've decided to cave in to the peer pressure and bought The Fault in Our Stars. I'll start it once it arrives on Friday.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I just finished State of Fear by Michael Crichton. It is excellent. It exists for the express purpose of destroying global warming from a perfectly executed scientific standpoint. And it still manages to be incredibly exciting. Always leaving you wondering what is going to happen next.

I'm now reading Airframe. Also by Michael Crichton. Then after that, probably Disclosure. I might keep going with many of his books. He's rapidly becoming my favorite author.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I just finished reading Educating Rita for English class. I actually enjoyed it, and I'm gonna have to read it a few more times so I'll be able to write an essay on it.

These last couple of months, I've been plowing through the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. I'm currently reading the fifth book in the series, A Dance with Dragons.

On a less exciting note, I've also been forced to read Into the Wild for my English class. Jesus Christ, I hate this book. It's so boring. It feels like a super long, pointless magazine article. Chris McCandless was an arrogant, idiotic guy who almost deserved what happened to him.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
As I said before, I was getting around to Michael Crichton's book Disclosure. I have now. I liked it. I also read Sphere. I'm considering reading the Andromeda Strain next. But I've also got an urge to reread the Harry Potter series. And also to read the novelizations of the last two Star Trek films. So I'm not sure. But I would recommend The Crichton books I just finished, Disclosure, and Sphere.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I just finished Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of the Patriots. Decent and accurate novelization. Can't wait to read MGS4 soon.

bunny

birb overlord
I'm about halfway through a book called The Cure by Dr. Timothy Brantley. It's about healing your body naturally through nature's nutrients, and while I don't agree with all of his points, it's still really interesting, and I have learned a lot. I'll probably read it again in the future just in case I happened to gloss over something. Maybe I'll pick up something I didn't before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom