• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Anime Are You Currently Watching?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Finished Guin Saga, Xenosaga, and Valkyria Chronicles... So many stories. ;J

Going to start Tokyo Ravens soon.

I'll also probably give [...] Hamatora a try.

No! Spare yourself from the agony!

...The last few seconds are the best part about it (no joke).

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This season, I'm watching:

Akame ga Kill!
DRAMAtical Murder - (It's honestly not too great so far. Also the main characters are all way over designed and it's bugging me hrrrg.)
Fairy Tail (2014) - (Of course it's my favorite.)
Glasslip - (I'm enjoying it so far.)
Jinsei
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Rail Wars! - (I'm liking it a lot so far.)
Re:_Hamatora
Sword Art Online II - (It had a darn great first episode and I'm loving it.)
Tokyo Ghoul

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Currently:

Tokyo Ghoul
Glasslip
DRAMAtical Murder
Himegoto
Zankyou no Terror

Just finished both Fruits Basket and Loveless for the billionth time!

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Tokyo Ravens and Seikoku no Dragonar are now out of the way... The first half Ravens was very iffy, especially with one episode dedicated entirely to fanservice (roll eyes), but it became nigh phenomenal in the second half; if they had done away with the filler early on and focused on developing the characters more, then this might have made it into my top three. On the other hand, whereas Ravens only dabbled in fanservice, Dragonar was literally being oppressed by it. There were plenty of serious moments where the characters--and by extension, the development staff as well--were remarkably awesome and intense, but the prevalent fanservice ruined that feeling numerous times. The only reason I trudged through this morass was for the dragons, which played a sizable part, thankfully.

Now I'm flying through Tears to Tiara, a lighthearted yet serious anime that's very similar to Guin Saga. It's about a tribe who is forced to abandon their homes after imperial soldiers invade and kidnap the Chief's daughter as a living sacrifice. After retrieving her, the tribe sails to another land and their struggles are thus far being showcased in events which make them cross paths with the imperials (such as having to steal food to survive) and how they surmount the dangers. I have high expectations for Tears, because aside from some unexpected comedy, the story has been utterly devoid of fanservice that's detrimental to the ongoing events.

Last edited:
  • DRAMAtical Murder
  • Free!: Eternal Summer (I caved)
  • Haikyuu!!
  • Kuro****suji: Book of Circus
  • Love Stage!!
  • Re:␣Hamatora
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Zankyou no Terror

I attempted SAO II but gave up after the first episode ughh

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Currently re-watching Welcome to the N.H.K.

Kirino

Tatakae
Started Bakemonogatari and am finishing Haruhi, which I've been postponing for a while. Next, I'll probably begin Evangelion.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Sword Art Online, and a bunch of Studio Ghibli films ^^

I might start Fairy Tail or Code Geass after I'm done with FMA: B, I'm not sure which one yet

I am watching attack on titan right now
and code geass is awesome you should watch it

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Sword Art Online, and a bunch of Studio Ghibli films ^^

I might start Fairy Tail or Code Geass after I'm done with FMA: B, I'm not sure which one yet

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Akame ga Kill!
DRAMAtical Murder - (It's honestly not too great so far. Also the main characters are all way over designed and it's bugging me hrrrg.)
Fairy Tail (2014) - (Of course it's my favorite.)
Glasslip - (I'm enjoying it so far.)
Jinsei
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Rail Wars! - (I'm liking it a lot so far.)
Re:_Hamatora
Sword Art Online II - (It had a darn great first episode and I'm loving it.)
Tokyo Ghoul
I added Barakamon and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun to that list. Both of them are freaking hilarious and I'm loving them.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
After finishing Tears to Tiara (which was really good), I started Highschool of the Dead... >_> Well what can I say? Aside from the obviously superfluous suggestive themes (aka fanservice), the action has been suspenseful and awesome and the character growth is satisfying. But once HotD is over, my time among the series that cater to fans will also come to an end, and I'll be returning to my comfort zone of provoking storylines and battles uninterrupted by filler.

Fairy Tail is an impulsive and slapstick romp with some flashy action sequences thrown in, whereas Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion is an intense thriller about theatricality and deception. You might end up liking both of those types, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom