• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Where's Navi?

K

kotonashi96

At the end of OOT, it shows Navi being sent back in time with you, but then she flies away through a window in the Temple of Time. In MM, Navi appears to be gone... so my question is, where did she go and why? It never said anything about leaving once your quest is complete (it even says that Kokiris get fairies forever) and the Deku Tree is dead anyway. So where did she have to go?

B

Bob The Elf

Well my guess would be that technically link is not a Kokiri and thus Navi had more to attented to such as the Deku Tree sprout or possibly another Kokiri. But this is just theory mind you.

M

Melmo Jenkins

The Deku tree only told Navi to help guide Link on he's adventure. Once the adventure is complete she left i guess. No one can answer this question as we don't see Navi anymore.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
There's a theory that the window in the Temple of Time leads to the Sacred Realm, and since that's where Navi seems to be going, she might be headed to the Sacred Realm since her quest is complete.

What if we were to find out in SwS? I want to see Navi again even though shes annoying...its so quiet without her.

F

FCBdaz

cant believe she didnt tell link where she was going after all he done for her she left him to wonder into a forest to find her and ended up losing everything (stupid skullkid)

E

ERROR

IDK my guess is the sacred realm but in mm right after they say searching for a lost friend you hear fairy noises hmm.... Also I think in tp there is an Easter egg because in the beginning of the temple of time there is a fairy where the window would lead hmm..... DejaVu. Fairy that are red might be fairy w/o an owner so their only purpose is to heal you

BTW I typed this on my iPod lol

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
There's a theory that the window in the Temple of Time leads to the Sacred Realm, and since that's where Navi seems to be going, she might be headed to the Sacred Realm since her quest is complete.

Maybe she is ggoing to guard the Mirror of Twilight to keep Ganondorf locked up. She had some power against that gut at the end of OoT.

Din Akera

Sniper
At the end of OOT, it shows Navi being sent back in time with you, but then she flies away through a window in the Temple of Time. In MM, Navi appears to be gone... so my question is, where did she go and why? It never said anything about leaving once your quest is complete (it even says that Kokiris get fairies forever) and the Deku Tree is dead anyway. So where did she have to go?

It is largely accepted that Navi is the friend that Link is looking for at the beginning of MM. But, your question is not one i have ever heard before, but a very reasonable and good question. I think the most likely answer is that she felt Link's need of her to be over. The Deku Tree told her to "Navi the fairy... Thou must aid Link... Help Link to carry out my will...I entreat ye..." I think it is very possible that this mentality coupled with the fact that Link is hylian, not Kokiri, and in Hyrule market (where the Temple of Time is located) that she assumed he would stay there and have no need of her. This is of course not true because we know Link goes looking for her, probably for intrinsic value as noted by the caption "Looking for a friend" ~ MM opening. I don't believe she had to go anywhere as you phrased, just that she felt she should go.

What if we were to find out in SwS? I want to see Navi again even though shes annoying...its so quiet without her.

I doubt we will see Navi with Link in SS. The plot is supposed to take place many years before and so i believe it is more likely that we may see the beginnings of the Deku Tree, but not Navi and certainly not Link or an explanation as to why she left.

Maybe she is ggoing to guard the Mirror of Twilight to keep Ganondorf locked up. She had some power against that gut at the end of OoT.

This too i find rather doubtful. Navi had nothing to do with the mirror of twilight, nor would she even probably know of its existence. If she had played a role with it, we most likely would have seen her in Twilight Princess.

B

Bernkastel

But I don't see how they could do that if SS comes before Oot but who knows..maybe we'll find out more about the fairies and where they go when their duty is done.
---------------------------------
Although something that's been on my mind for a while now what the Deku Tree said. He only told her to help Link on his adventures, nothing about coming back or helping other kids. So she could have gone to the Temple of Time, or left for her own quest.

But I think in MM Link was looking for Navi.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This is a good question. But one can only speculate. We can't know for sure.

Unless you're Nintendo.

I also beleive that Navi is the friend Link was searching for in MM. After all they've been through, she just left without a word. If iI were Link, I'd probably like to know why. I think he was searching for her to find out why she left him.

It's possible that Navi left at the end because her duty was done. The Deku Tree told her to accompany Link on his quest. Once that quest was finished, it was time for here to leave. After all,
Link is actually a Hylian, not a Kokiri, and Hylians don't need guardian fairies, the Kokiri do.
That may be the reason she left him. But, I don't believe it is. After all, they forged an unbreakable bond of friendship throughout their quest, one that shouldn't be able to be broken by something like that. I think she had other reasons for leaving him.

Reasons I don't know because I'm not Nintendo.

It's also possible that Navi came back, but couldn't find Link since he'd already left to find her. And their paths never happened to cross again. But that's just a random guess.

Well my guess would be that technically link is not a Kokiri and thus Navi had more to attented to such as the Deku Tree sprout or possibly another Kokiri. But this is just theory mind you.

Link is a Hylian as the Deku tree explains.

Navi was with you to help as the Deku tree instructed her to do.
Once the quest is over she leaves you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom