• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where would you live?

Ninja

Well well well
The world of Zelda has so many amazing places to visit, so many towns, villages, and areas of interest. Lets say that you were a citizen/traveler and were given the option to make your home in one of the many places in the games. Where would you want to be?

Lurelin Village would definitely be a place for me. Coming from Florida, the beach life is so nostalgic for me, and fishing too. A second bet would be Kakariko Village from Ocarina of Time.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Hmmm. Zoras Domain in BoTW is very beautiful but its probably a bit wet to actually live so I'd probably go for Snowpeak. I am a lover of the cold so it would be my sort of place and whilst the Mansion could do with a bit of work I think it could make a comfortable home. Just would have to convince the Yetis to let me move in and hopefully make soup for me.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
A man good question! I'm surprised I've never really thought of this. I guess I always just saw myself as a visitor to Hyrule.

I'd shack up in Ocarina of Time's Forest Temple, but given that it's already occupied by ghosts and demons and giant freaking spiders that's probably not the best idea. I'd love to live in the Lost Woods somewhere, but I'd risk turning into a stalfos.

Zora's domain is idyllic enough if you don't mind living with smelly fish people. I dig the gal's idea in Twilight Princess of shacking up near the headwaters somewhere. Much better than their idiot brother's idea of living all hippy hermit in the woods. I mean, is there no better spot in all of Hyrule to live than the fishing hole? You can even experience all four seasons in one day!!

The shores of Lake Hylia would also be a good place to live, but the Hyrulian coast ought to offer some prime real estate. It's just too bad BotW is the only modern game to feature a coastline.

Snowpeak and Death Mountain are too inhospitable methinks. Even still, the Snowpeak Ruins ought to offer some impressive accommodations. I mean, sure the repair work alone is extensive. The place is a real fixer upper. But just do what the yetis did and toss around a few throw pillows, light a fire, hang a few paintings over the mantle and you've got yourself some pretty sweet digs!

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Lurelin village would be nice, because I like the atmosphere. I kinda hate the sheikah, so I'd never want to live in Kakariko...

Tarrey Town would be nice, because it reminds me most of a suburban life, and looks like it has some nice high-diving that can be done.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Mabe Village is a quiet, peaceful little hamlet, it'd be on my short list. Ordon Village is also quiet and beautiful. Subrosia would just be sick, I'd be down with siding flaming boulders and interacting with the mysterious Subrosians.

Great Plateau / Shrine of Resurrection

-peaceful
-great view
-varied environment

-Get injured, take a blue bath
-Get ill, take a blue bath

It'll never get boring since it'll all be new to you everytime you wake up.

I should do this by game. I'll leave out any game that doesn't really seem hospitable for living (like the original), or any game I've never played or just don't feel like listing.

Adventure of Link- Good old Village of Rauru. I like the fields and woods nearby, with a conveniently located road for travel.
Link to the Past- Somewhere along the boarder of the Lost Woods and Death Mountain Range.
Link's Awakening- Somewhere along the southern coast, maybe a place on Toronbo Shores. If the ghost's house is an option, I'd fix it up proper and live there. Beautiful locale...
Ocarina of Time- Somewhere close to Lake Hylia. None of the actual towns suit me, and let's just say I'm not a fan of strong smells, so Lon Lon Ranch is out. If I want to live somewhere that I'd love in this game, I'll have to make it myself.
Majora's Mask- Clock town seems like a wonderful place to live, even though I'm not normally one for cities. They seem to have a very thriving cultural emphasis with rich history and celebratory festivals.
Wind Waker- Outset. Without question, Outset Island.
Twilight Princess- Either in Ordon Village, or in Faron Woods like whatzisface.
Skyward Sword- Boarder of Faron Woods, likely after the Sealed Grounds have been covered by the Temple.
Breath of the Wild- Ohhhhhhh jeeeez.... so many to choose from. How to narrow it down? Can't I just be a nomad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom