• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where does Clock Town get its water?

I doubt its an actual in-universe explanation, but if you hack the game in such a way so you can see though walls and floors, you can see a little stream flowing in from the clock tower's entrance that you fall into. So maybe a pond or something from hyrule's lost woods? #interdimensionalwater

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Snowhead. It's a giant icy region with plenty of water that will in the warmer days have tons of water flowing downhill, this in turn would actually provide water for ALL areas of termina. Snowheads glaciers melt and fill the swamp and the beaver's river which in turn flows into the ocean and we also see that Ikana has a source of water in it's well and also the water. Snow head is reasonably close so i think underground rivers in all likely hood.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Snowhead. It's a giant icy region with plenty of water that will in the warmer days have tons of water flowing downhill, this in turn would actually provide water for ALL areas of termina. Snowheads glaciers melt and fill the swamp and the beaver's river which in turn flows into the ocean and we also see that Ikana has a source of water in it's well and also the water. Snow head is reasonably close so i think underground rivers in all likely hood.
Only if Link frees the giant in Snowhead, otherwise it'll stay cold.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Only if Link frees the giant in Snowhead, otherwise it'll stay cold.

Ah that's an easy answer. and it's two fold. One the lower reaches of Snowhead do not seem to be nearly as affected and thus would still warm and heat up albeit slowly, more like mid summer instead of early spring and two, if the town did get the water from an underground water system (which it might, we saw the tunnel to the observatory, and i think we can agree it's not a sewer line more like a water line...... But that water line indicates Ikana's river or well. They wouldn't get water from the beaver damn as we see it's all polluted and unsafe to drink. The Swamp water WILL Kill.

One thing important to note is the gigantic water source flowing in a cave from the Goron Village's shop, meaning that, whether frozen or not, a constant stream of water will always be present from the mountains.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
One thing important to note is the gigantic water source flowing in a cave from the Goron Village's shop, meaning that, whether frozen or not, a constant stream of water will always be present from the mountains.
But even it had stopped flowing when Link first arrives. The only water that isn't frozen is the hot water springs.

Well water, naturally. With all the other relatively sophisticated technology they have, I'm sure they could purify it somehow.

Though maybe the whole game is actually a mass delusion brought on by lead and hallucinatory fungi in the town's water, and the Moon is an allegory for the townspeople's impending death by diarrheal illness. /****tyfantheory

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Well the clocktower has a river flowing undernearth it so i'd imagine they get their water from that, after all no point in situating a clocktower over a river unless it's a water run clock or you can multipurpose the tower, judging by the fact the washing area appears to be a continuation of this same river lend credence if not truth to the idea, we also see two shallow pools of water next to the clock tower mayhap this is where the water is leaking out.

Icemelt is also viable, Snowhead more specifically around the temple is perpetually in ice and the further down the mountain the warmer so it'll melt giving fresh water to gorons and all, hell they even have a lake up there, taken a step further this could be the same source of water for the river near Zora Coast where the beaver bros live and down to clocktown and the swamps.

Speaking of swamps they could just set up a water purification still there all it needs is a container some glass and a collection pot and boom fresh water. Maybe that's what the potion shop is for.

Or you know they barter with the zora for zora crack juice.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well the clocktower has a river flowing undernearth it so i'd imagine they get their water from that, after all no point in situating a clocktower over a river unless it's a water run clock or you can multipurpose the tower, judging by the fact the washing area appears to be a continuation of this same river lend credence if not truth to the idea, we also see two shallow pools of water next to the clock tower mayhap this is where the water is leaking out.
Yeah I think that underground river is the source of Clock Town's water.

Icemelt is also viable, Snowhead more specifically around the temple is perpetually in ice and the further down the mountain the warmer so it'll melt giving fresh water to gorons and all, hell they even have a lake up there, taken a step further this could be the same source of water for the river near Zora Coast where the beaver bros live and down to clocktown and the swamps.
I disagree, I think in the lower areas it's still too cold.

This flowing water has somehow stopped flowing while Gyorg is alive in the temple. It must have been unimaginably cold in order for flowing water like that to just stop flowing. Also keep in mind that the water still isn't flowing although that lower area does seem to be warmer than those higher up.

Also you know it's gotta be cold when a blacksmith's fire freezes, lol.

Speaking of swamps they could just set up a water purification still there all it needs is a container some glass and a collection pot and boom fresh water. Maybe that's what the potion shop is for.
Doesn't seem like a reliable method at all. It'd take way too long. Even the Deku probably aren't using that method.

While on the topic of the swamp, I've been wondering, if the water is poisoned further up near the Deku Palace and Woodfall, is the water lower (like near the potion shop, and the swamp tour shop) also poisoned? The water lower is just murky, it doesn't look poisoned - could the looks be decieving? Could there still be traces of poison which are harmful but not powerful enough to change the water's color down in those areas?

Or you know they barter with the zora for zora crack juice.
I don't think they have that in Termina, but it's definitely worth a SB debate.

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Well we see in spring that the entirety of the Snowhead mountain thaws out bar the section near the temple, it'd be the most likely cause of it Termina's water. A solar still in the swamp would be highly chancy at best, the poison could be retained (unlikely) and it'd depend on the sunlight itself, you'd need a good spot where it's sunny constantly and no impurities would get in..... now that i think on it you could say the Woodfall temple would fall into water generation category, when it's shrine was desecrated the water in the swamp was poisoned, maybe woodfall temple acts as a massive water purifier all the poison is drawn into the temple while the water remains fresh and pure, if the temple's shrine is desecrated or damage then the water source would become poisonous.

As for poisonous waters, yes there'd be minute quantities of Poison in the water throughout the swamp why? Because where the Woodfall temple sits is a dead volcano it's caldera as a matter of fact, even dead there would be enough poisonous gases that'd seep into the water system alone from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom