• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Where Do People Get Off Calling This Easy?

Hello forum,

I just had to bring this out into the open. Everywhere I go here on the forum TP is accused of being easy. Now, I've been playing Zelda since '91. I'm used to the general formula. but I'm a a loss for an answer. Why does everyone call TP easy? This game has made me look at more walkthrus then I've ever done in my life. Namely in the lakebed temple. Is it maybe because I'm enjoying it on the Wii? I've yet to beat it yet. Working on SS.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I think when calling it easy most people refer to the enemies and bosses which are slow, do so little damage and are easy to figure out. But also the puzzles aren't very challenging, I think even Lakebed Temple doesn't come anywhere near close to OoT's Forest Temple or MM's Snowhead, let alone the dungeons in the NES/SNES games. All the other dungeons, especially Temple of Time are very linear and you can just breeze through them. Only Wind Waker was still easier both in combat and puzzles.

MW7

I think when calling it easy most people refer to the enemies and bosses which are slow, do so little damage and are easy to figure out. But also the puzzles aren't very challenging, I think even Lakebed Temple doesn't come anywhere near close to OoT's Forest Temple or MM's Snowhead, let alone the dungeons in the NES/SNES games. All the other dungeons, especially Temple of Time are very linear and you can just breeze through them. Only Wind Waker was still easier both in combat and puzzles.

I'd agree completely about the enemies and bosses, but I'd say that the puzzles were at least on par with the rest of the series. Some dungeons weren't that hard I'd agree. However, City in the Sky was one of the most difficult dungeons ever in my experience (mostly just figuring out where to go to advance though), and I've played through about 75% of all Zelda games so I know what I'm doing.

But enemies and bosses were exceptionally easy. Enemies mostly due to hidden skills- if you take those out this game is pretty much on par with OOT or MM in terms of combat, but with these the combat is almost as easy as Wind Waker's combat (which on a 1-10 scale of combat difficulty would be a 1 in my eyes, TP would be like a 3, OOT/MM 5, SS 6.5, and AOL 10). Bosses were the one thing that might even be easier than Wind Waker. They required minimal critical thinking skills to figure out weaknesses and were forgiving even if you made mistakes. I'd go as far as saying that most of the minibosses in the game were significantly harder than the actual bosses of the respective dungeons.

I think what the OP is saying is that the puzzles are somewhat difficult and that the dungeons can be confusing at times, and I'd agree. TP doesn't really derive much of its difficulty from combat though. So to answer the original question of this thread- it's because most people focus on the level of difficulty with respect to combat which is almost generally accepted as easy. The puzzles are much more subject to opinion, and it depends a lot on who you ask. Some say the game was just a total joke and others say it had hard puzzles. You can't really say who's right either.

Last edited:

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
It may have some hard parts but it's the easiest game out of all Zelda games. And if you look at the enemy's and bosses you will see that each enemy is ridiculously easy compared to even a simple Deku baba in Ocarina of Time.

Its easy because the only time you'd ever die is if you were stupid and fell or something, and the only puzzle that ever came close to slowing you down a bit was the one before the temple of time. Otherwise, everything else can be burned through in a couple of hours.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This. I'm not what one would call a Zelda expert, but a veteran of the series I can say for sure. At the time of first playing through Twilight Princess which was back in '09 or '08 (can't remember which), I thought the game was moderately challenging. But then I learned how to actually play the game, and realized that it is an absolute breeze. Puzzles in TP, from my experience, do not take more than a couple seconds to figure out because everything is in your face all the time (meaning, the solutions). Not even Lakebed, which was a Water Temple in design and structure, proved to be challenging [except for one time about a year ago where I absolutely unlearned TP due to playing Kingdom Hearts 2 so much - that time I forgot how to get the boss key, but luckily I still remembered the clip into boss room trick].

Puzzles not your problem? Well, neither are the enemies. THE ONLY ENEMY IN THE GAME that I can remember being able to deal more than one heart of damage to human Link, and I may be wrong, is King Bulbin (the giant green goblin thing) with his spinny attack. Otherwise, not even the final boss can harm you. Enemies do little to no damage, and after that they're so painfully slow that it is a joke to take damage (unless you're in the 4x Darknut room of a certain dungeon). TP is really easy, from my experience. Others have trouble with it, and that's perfectly fine. Keep the challenge aspect of TP and I guarantee you'll love the game more than I did.

I agree, and it's my fault I didn't clarify what I found challenging. It's the puzzles alot of times, or getting turned around at times. I agree about the combat aspect, it's a dang joke. but I enjoy it because it makes me feel awesome. I really love the game so far, just a pain in the butt at times. I breezed through the forest temple with the monkeys. The goron part was having me scratch my head abit. but lakebed temple, just ugh at times. Lol. I just got the master sword a week or so ago, and quit playing abit due to SS. And can't play that now due to irl emergency issues. But I remember going "wtf?" trying to figure out how to get out after I got the master sword.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I call it easy because it was easy. I did not need a single walkthrough other than to find all the pieces of heart. Each dungeon had moderately challenged puzzles that did not require a lot of thought to figure out. Almost every boss and miniboss was a joke. The game was just easy. I can't think of any way I could make that more clear.

Of course, it also kind of depends upon the skill of the player... But as far as I'm concerned, Twilight Princess was the easiest Zelda game to date. It makes Phantom Hourglass look like Skyward Sword.

Of course, that's just my personal opinion. So yeah... That's where I get off.

Last edited:

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
When it comes to Twilight Princess I don't really think it's hard as much as it is tedious. Like the Tear Hunting; the game is huge too, which can be a good and bad thing and the bosses, whilst epic, arent challenging.

Every Zelda game, in my opinion, has some difficulty in it: they all require you to use critical thinking, observance and patience. That's the heart of the Zelda series.

Playing Zelda all my life, TP had no difficulty what-so-ever... The puzzles weren't difficult in the least and the only real one that got me stuck even remotely is with the guardian statues in the sacred grove. Aside from them, however, not one single thing about this game was difficult. I was able to 100% it without a walkthrough even. The exploration is rather lacking considering the size of the world is huge, yes, but the caves and such found throughout are in plain sight and are hard to miss.

The puzzles were rather straightforward in that once I got the item for the specific dungeon I instantly figured out the entire rest of the dungeon due to it's obviousness. The only thing that does damage to a significant degree is lava... and that's only in one dungeon.

I will admit during the final boss, while on the horse, I got unlucky and got knocked off. Unfortunately... everytime I tried to get back on I was knocked back off until I got a lucky break somehow. It was the most frustrating moment I've had with the game, from which I quickly regained the upperhand and beat the game without any problem.

To say in short... the puzzles weren't too difficult to figure out at all and the combat was even easier, even without hidden skills it would have been too easy. So I can say, without doubt, as a veteran of the franchise, that TP is the easiest out of the games.

All this input puts alot into perspective. While some of the puzzles are easy, I find myself stuck as to "now what?" at times, even as a long, long time vet. I think I am going to just enjoy the fact that this game has managed to have me confounded and confused, at times.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The problem is I have completed it about 8 times. I know the strategies for everything and know the layout. It's hard to even remember how it felt to play it for the first time and actually have to figure out any of the puzzles or bosses. That is probably why people think it is easy. Also, even then enemies do not do allot of damage, so that could be a factor.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
It's definitely one of the easier Zelda games, though it does have its moments. Puzzle-wise, it's standard Zelda fare. They'll make you think, but they are doable without use of a guide. Of course, puzzle difficulty all depends on the person. TP just doesn't do anything that makes it stand out in the series, so people don't seem to dwell too much on the puzzles.

When it comes to combat, though, yeah, it's a cake walk. I've never played through the game without the Hidden Skills (because I find them so much fun to use), but I assume the combat becomes more difficult if you skip them. Personally, I think the enemies were designed with the idea the player decided not to get any Hidden Skill. Of course, they still don't do much damage and chances of dying are low.

So, yeah, TP is easy, though I do think some people blow it out of proportion. How easy something is is relative and I like that Zelda games vary in difficulty level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom