• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Where Did the Hookshot Go... and What About the Boomerang?

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
I was very upset that I didn't get a boomerang in SS. I mean In almost every Zelda game you get the Boomerang so Why not this time? And the clawshot is interesting but come on! I like my Hookshot!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I guess the Clawshot replaced the Hookshot because it's design is more practical for sticking to walls or ceilings and hanging there than the Hookshot is. That's my theory on that. As for why there is no Boomerang in SS... My guess is because it would be too tricky or too tedious to design a boomerang that works with a 1:1 ratio of motion control. That's my theory for that.

Personally, I don't see the point in complaining about such things. I choose to enjoy what we're given and have fun with them, rather than to complain or worry about "what could have been in the game". That's how I feel about it.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Double Clawshots appear in SS like the Hookshot. It just got replaced by the Clawshots, like in TP. As for the Boomerang, I always considered the Beetle as the Boomerang.

This is what I think about this...

The clawshot and hookshot are very similar to each other. I'd argue the reason the grappling ability was discarded was due to extra potential strain it may have put on the player's wrists, having to flick the Wii Remote Plus, as well as the inclusion of the whip in the game which largely performs the same functions. The beetle, on the other hand, effectively replaced the boomerang and most certainly was a more versatile tool.

I have absolutely no gripes with Skyward Sword's item inventory. It's not my favorite Zelda game but it nailed that department perfectly. The Adventure Pouch added an extra degree of realism and hte items were varied as well as used throughout the course of the entire adventure.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
Thanx everyone for your opinions on these issues! I agree with the Beetle being the boomerangs replacement and the clawshot is more practical for hanging instead of just getting you there. I do enjoy the games so much! It's not like i didn't play the games because they didn't have those Items, I was simply using this forum for it's purpose... to discuss things and get different opinions. I just hope we see the Boomerang return! Especially the magic one from the Oracle titles!

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
I mean, you can't HANG on stuff with the hoot shot, and if they hadn't got rid of it, TP and SS would be much different. And the boomarang is cool, but we have the Whip and the Beetle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom