• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When it comes to visual design, do you think the Zelda series has a philosophy of anti-clutter?

Eh... I lived without it
How comfortable was it getting around without the minimap? I’m toying with whether or not to use one in my own game for the sake of not getting lost or feeling disoriented, but at the risk of feeling less immersed.

Yes. The only Zelda game I would consider to be "cluttered" is BotW, but even that was pretty tame compared to most other examples I could think of.

Yes. The only Zelda game I would consider to be "cluttered" is BotW, but even that was pretty tame compared to most other examples I could think of.
What do you think was cluttered about botw, specifically? One small example for me is the ingredients part of the menu, and that you need to scroll sideways through pages of them instead of simply scrolling down. Would’ve been much simpler and efficient.

Even so, I still think it’s a less cluttered menu than a game like Dark Souls for its info dump, or Witcher 3 for its mass of tiny icons.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
What do you think was cluttered about botw, specifically? One small example for me is the ingredients part of the menu, and that you need to scroll sideways through pages of them instead of simply scrolling down. Would’ve been much simpler and efficient
that feature hurts when your control sticks are drifting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom