• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Patronus?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think I vaguely remember a thread similar to this a while back, but it would've been a fairly long while ago.

A Patronus is a magical creature, for lack of a better word, from the Harry Potter universe. The purpose of the patronus is to get rid of dementors, which in turn is a way to bring happiness to the caster.

A common misconception is that patronuses take the form of one's favourite animal, but this is not the case. The patronus takes the form of the animal that a particular individual is most like, in terms of personality, emotion, thoughts, and strength. Also, it is usually an animal that gives the caster happy thoughts, or reminds them of what makes them happy. For example, Luna Lovegood, who is a very delicate, dreamy, soft character, has a patronus that fittingly takes the form of a bunny rabbit. It matches her perfectly.

My question is, what would yours be? Which animal do you resemble the most? Are you soft and delicate like a bunny rabbit? Are you tough and aggressive like a Pitbull? Why do you think that particular animal is "your" animal?

I might come back with an answer later, I need to think hard about this one.

I always pictured mine as my favorite animal, which would be a lion or a hedgehog (Just because of Sonic, hah). In terms of personality though, it would probably be something more reserved, like a Hermit Crab or a Wolf.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
So kind of like a Dark World form? I'll say the same thing that I say for Dark World form. Hyena. Hyenas are creatures who generally shun hard work, if they can eat off the carcasses that lions kill, they will. They only hunt when they absolutely have to. I'm that way. I usually avoid working hard unless it's something I want to be doing in the first place. Also, I'm always laughing at my own lame jokes that others may or may not find funny, and I love comedy in general. I can remember just about every joke I read or hear. Hyenas...have those laughing sounds they make. And in The Lion King they tell lame jokes.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I actually took a quiz once that told you what your patronus would be. But alas, that was about 6 years ago and I don't remember what it was called or what website it was on.

I think my patronus would end up being a squirrel. Squirrels are cute, funny, clever, and a source of distraction.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
Mine would probably be a crow or a raven. Supposed to be a symbol for evil, darkness, loss or regret, but they're actually very smart and loyal birds.
Or maybe a walrus.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Apperantly I'm a Zebra, which doesn't really represent what I am.

Conclusion, I'll speak for myself instead of taking a brief quiz. My patronus is most likely a Reggiesaurus.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I took a quiz online once and got Luna Lovegood's hare.

I think, going by the OP's description, that I either have a wildcat of some kind (based on my twitchy, independent cat-like nature) or perhaps a bird. I could see mine being a little peregrine falcon, or even, of all things, a vulture - something that represents soaring on the winds of imagination and a desire to escape the bonds of regular world. I love winged things, feathers make me happy, so having some kind of freedom-loving little falcon would work for me.

Sheik

:the:
On some quiz I got a Wolf, but I've always seen myself more as a... monkey. Maybe, like, a gorilla, or an orangutan, or a lemur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom