• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Least Favorite Zelda Game

• Thread starter tりふぉrせほlでr
  • Start date
My least favorite Zelda games are Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. The stylus controls are fun at first but they start to get tedious. I wish it would give you an option to move Link with the D-Pad. They are the only Zelda games I had to drop half-way through playing through, and I still haven't finished them.

I also never really got into Four Swords Adventures for some reason.

The reason most dislike Zelda II is likely due to its high difficulty and its bizarre gameplay compared to the rest of the series. It's not necessarily a bad game, but it is so radically different from the typical Zelda formula.

What I recommend is using an emulator and use a Game Genie cheat to play through the game. The difficulty turns off most people to the game, but NES games were all difficult back in the day. With a cheat you can play through the game without dying and enjoy it.

U

UchihaMadara

For me it is without a doubt Zelda II. It was just too different from the other games in the series and I personally didn't like its gameplay.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Twilight Princess. There were many things that I liked about it, but WAY more things I just downright loathed. The main thing that ruined the game for me was Ganondorf. Partly because he was in the game, but mainly because of the way he was introduced. Zant was cool. He was a new face for the villians of the Zelda series. A refreshing new antagoinist. I liked that. The whole time, you play through the game thinking that Zant is your enemy, all the way up until after you beat Arbiter's Grounds. Then, out of nowhere, Ganondoef gets randomly thrown into the mix. And it turns out that Zant was merely his puppet. Do you know how that made me feel inside? Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger! There was no need for Ganondorf to be in that game. It just seemed like Nintendo lazily threw him in there just for the sole and needless purpose of having him in the game. And made Zant his puppet to use as an excuse. The worst part was, the Ganondorf battle wasn't even challenging in the least. Sure, the battle was epic, but it was far too easy to live up to that epicness. In fact, the only part of that fight that was epic was the final swordfight. And even that was ridiculously easy. Implementing Ganondorf turned out to be nothing but an epic fail that destroyed the refreshing feeling that Twilight Princess gave in the beginning; destroyed it beyond recognition. And that is why Twilight Princessis my least favorite Zelda game.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I will have to say ST is my least favorite Zelda game. I disliked the train travel and how cookie cutter the game was. IT was obvious what you would have to do next because it was always tower of spirits then spirit song then dungeon without any change to the model in the game. I also disliked the song parts because they became very frustrating.

Twilight Princess. There were many things that I liked about it, but WAY more things I just downright loathed. The main thing that ruined the game for me was Ganondorf. Partly because he was in the game, but mainly because of the way he was introduced. Zant was cool. He was a new face for the villians of the Zelda series. A refreshing new antagoinist. I liked that. The whole time, you play through the game thinking that Zant is your enemy, all the way up until after you beat Arbiter's Grounds. Then, out of nowhere, Ganondoef gets randomly thrown into the mix. And it turns out that Zant was merely his puppet. Do you know how that made me feel inside? Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger! There was no need for Ganondorf to be in that game. It just seemed like Nintendo lazily threw him in there just for the sole and needless purpose of having him in the game. And made Zant his puppet to use as an excuse. The worst part was, the Ganondorf battle wasn't even challenging in the least. Sure, the battle was epic, but it was far too easy to live up to that epicness. In fact, the only part of that fight that was epic was the final swordfight. And even that was ridiculously easy. Implementing Ganondorf turned out to be nothing but an epic fail that destroyed the refreshing feeling that Twilight Princess gave in the beginning; destroyed it beyond recognition. And that is why Twilight Princessis my least favorite Zelda game.

Totally agree. I still think Twilight Princess is a good game, but it could have Great if the story was better. Zant was a breath of fresh air for the series and I was happy to finally have a great new villain in a Zelda game and not Ganondorf yet again. But then out of nowhere Ganondorf gets thrown in and all the awesomeness of Zant gets thrown away. Very disappointing.

Squirrel

The Rodent King

They could have just not included Zant at all. That would truly make Nintendo lazy. Also, you can't have it too hard or everyone would say it was their least favorite on this thread. Everyone is saying they hate Zelda II because it's so hard. They'd be saying Twilight Princess if it was even harder than Zelda II.

(Also, TP is my favorite LoZ game because of the fact that they included Ganondorf.)

skybird11

state alchemist
i'd have to say MM. the game mechanics were good, like the masks and the town progression. but i just didnt like some side quests, the overall landscape or the temples, especially the stone tower temple. PH is close behined though. i didnt like the boat or the ocean king temple. ST was only a little better than PH.

ok guys, about TP. ganon was put in half way through, be happy he wasnt added last-minute. as for the difficulty of the final boss battle, i think the lenghth made up for that, that was a pretty long final battle compared to others. and zant was the semi-final boss who also did play a big role in the game. so its like haveing 2 final bosses in 1 game, one right after the other and they both end up dieing. isnt that what you wanted, epic zant fight? as for the difficulty of the game. nintendo needs new zelda fans from this new generation of gamers and kids, so its no wonder they would dumb it up a bit.

end rant.

Last edited:

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Your LEAST Favorite Zelda Game

When I think of this thread, I am only referencing the MAIN games. Please, I don't want a bunch of responses saying that the CD-i games are their least favorite without putting any thought into it.

Personally, my least was the Oracles and Minish Cap, but then again those even weren't made by Nintendo, Capcom developed them, which is probably why Minish Cap seems slightly different.

Last edited:

MW7

I'd say Twilight Princess. Don't get me wrong it's a great game, and IMO the best game of the Wii's library. But compared to the rest of the Zelda games (I've beaten most of them) I think it is not nearly as enjoyable. I just didn't like so many gameplay aspects. For instance I couldn't stand any forced wolf sections in the early part of the game, the linear main quest, and the bug catching. Those are subjective judgments but the game other flaws as well. I think final dungeon is one of the worst final dungeons in Zelda history. It's still good and has a cool atmosphere but compared to the very high bar set by the ALTTP and OOT iterations of Ganon's Tower, the dungeon falls short. Finally every boss fight was designed to be beaten by using the dungeon item so they were all very easy to figure out and defeat as well.

skybird11

state alchemist
my least favorite zelda title is MM. if i were to rate it on a scale from 1-10, 10 being the best i'd give it a 3. the game was so very annoying and repetative and even sort of difficult. the dungeons were poorly designed(in my opinion) and elegy of emtiness was way overused.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I'm already starting to see a lot about Majora's Mask...

People, it is a one-of-a-kind amazing game. I've written an entire article on the forum here.

But is hard and can be frustrating, I can understand that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom