• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Video Game Dialogue/Phrase?

Just as the title says, I want to hear some good dialogue or phrases from any game title like Gladus' cake recipe (or however her name is spelled, Portal ref.)
Mine is the pre-final boss cutscene from Rondo of Blood & first boss cutscene in Castlevania SotN:

[Richter Belmont arrives in Dracula's chamber]
Richter Belmont: Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!
Dracula: It was not by my hand that I'm once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Richter Belmont: "Tribute"?! You steal men's souls, and make them your slaves!
Dracula: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Richter Belmont: Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!
Dracula: What is a man?
[flings his wine glass aside]
A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk! Have at you!

Richter is a super badass, I am sure he is the most admired Belmont among fans.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
xenogears_mad_skillz.jpg

Hammer: 2 legit 2 quit

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
"The ending has not yet been written." -Atrus, Myst series

"I've been waiting for you Hero of Time." -Sheik, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

“They say that the old caretaker of this place went absolutely crazy. Chopped up his entire staff - of robots - all of them robots! They say at night you can still hear the screams - of their replicas. All of them functionally indistinguishable from the originals... No memory of the incident... Nobody knows what they're screaming about. Ab-solutely terrifying. Though obviously not paranormal in any meaningful way.” - Wheatley, Portal 2

Dan

Video game writing really is too terrible for me to have a favorite piece so I'll go with every single link from House of the Dead 2.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The Thief series has some belter quotes in it.

"Since you left us, you've been a stone rolling downhill. Now you must aim this remarkable momentum."

"What hast thou... built, Garrett? When the time comes to review thy life, with the Master Builder afore thee, and the question is asked what hast thou built, what will thee say, poor Garrett? For thou art a man of... destruction, not construction. Tis the biggest sin of all. Build thyself today a good house, that would please Him much!"

"The man who learns only what others know is as ignorant as if he learns nothing. The treasures of knowledge are the most rare, and guarded most harshly."

"The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee."

"Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking."

"We chose our profession in defiance of the greed of the monarchy. We will not live for the sake of taxes to fatten the nobles' pockets. We choose to live the only life available to those who would be truly free. We are thieves."

"The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit."

"The paths of thief and god are worn as one in the earth."

"If the foundation is weak, do you wail and gnash your teeth, and ask it to repour itself? Nay. You tear it down and begin anew. Whether it be of flesh, or of stone."

"Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away the hoofed liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase the Trickster from our dreams."

"Did you think those ancient phrases were mere words, Manfool? Look at me! I am The Woodsie Lord, The Trickster of legend!"

"Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time."

"Some people in this city are too rich for their own good. Lucky they have me to give them a hand."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom