• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's The Most Difficult Video Game Boss/Section/Level/Etc To You?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I don't know how i never mentioned this,but lenus from legend of dragoon. her completely one-sided boss fight was when I first coined the term "fairness: the video game" in game parts that are not fair at all. the fight w/ the dragon in the volcano was also pretty problematic as well
also freaking fire emblem binding blade,the whole later chapters of that game....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bull**** in games where RNG ****s you over and there's nothing you can do about it apart from trying again and hoping RNG likes you this time around. A few of the Hearthstone heroic Adventure maode battles come to mind here.

The most frustrated I have ever gotten at a game due to its difficulty, was playing any of the 6 NES Mega Man games, especially the last levels.
They're really hard games, and I used to play them all the time back in junior high school.
Yet, I managed to beat every one of the 6 games. But it took weeks upon weeks of frustration, wrath, anger, fury, almost breaking my controller and yelling and screaming to do it.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Barthandelus in FF13. I was underlevelled when I fought him the first time. Taking me well over 20 attempts to defeat and each battle I managed to survive about 7 minutes before dying.
Yeah everyone was underleveled for this and also no one knew how to play before this. The difficulty spike was enormous.

Death Mountain in Zelda II really pissed me off though, that's probably the worst for me.

Reactions: Dio

Jamie

Yes x one million. I cannot get through a game if it has a spooky section at all. Going down the well the first time in Ocarina of time scared me so much I thought I was going to cry, then the boss came along and I did cry.
I second this. Zelda not so much but I even have a really hard time playing bioshock because I just can't handle any sort of scary **** in games.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I second this. Zelda not so much but I even have a really hard time playing bioshock because I just can't handle any sort of scary **** in games.

Not a Dead Space man then? I could do bioshock but I used to be too scared to play Dead Space and sold it the day I bought it, however when it became free on Xbox One this year I decided to give it another go and was able to handle it so I have gotten better with the scary games.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
What Was The Most Difficult?
beating The Sixth Colossus within the Time Limit
also Beating the Ninth Colossus for the first Time... took me 6 hours to get the gyst

Jamie

Not a Dead Space man then? I could do bioshock but I used to be too scared to play Dead Space and sold it the day I bought it, however when it became free on Xbox One this year I decided to give it another go and was able to handle it so I have gotten better with the scary games.
I played through a good chunk of dead space and I had a really difficult time with it. I think I could do it just like I can do Bioshock. I absolutely cannot do some games though, apparently Dead Space """isn't that scary""". ZombiU I could only handle in like 20m intervals. Could not imagine playing Silent Hill.

I played through a good chunk of dead space and I had a really difficult time with it. I think I could do it just like I can do Bioshock. I absolutely cannot do some games though, apparently Dead Space """isn't that scary""". ZombiU I could only handle in like 20m intervals. Could not imagine playing Silent Hill.

Strangely I've always had trouble with scary games (even though lots have been my favorites). I could only play most of the scarier games in 1 hour sittings because it was just too intense. It took me ages to beat a bunch of them because of this. I had even started playing Dead Space 1 about a year ago but just took a very long year break because it was scary.

However all that changed this year probably after conquering and beating Resident Evil 0 many times over. I guess I'm for the most part over being scared, and now I've beat Dead Space 1 and 2 playing very long sittings with barely being bothered outside of a few intense moments (but not scary). I'm glad, makes these games easier to play but I still find them just as enjoyable, if not more. I have no advice on how to get over it besides facing your fears, it's worth it IMO, some really good games that are "scary".

I did jump once in Dead Space, but it was where I least expected it. Spoiler ahead:
The ending CGI, did not expect that

Jamie

Strangely I've always had trouble with scary games (even though lots have been my favorites). I could only play most of the scarier games in 1 hour sittings because it was just too intense. It took me ages to beat a bunch of them because of this. I had even started playing Dead Space 1 about a year ago but just took a very long year break because it was scary.

However all that changed this year probably after conquering and beating Resident Evil 0 many times over. I guess I'm for the most part over being scared, and now I've beat Dead Space 1 and 2 playing very long sittings with barely being bothered outside of a few intense moments (but not scary). I'm glad, makes these games easier to play but I still find them just as enjoyable, if not more. I have no advice on how to get over it besides facing your fears, it's worth it IMO, some really good games that are "scary".

I did jump once in Dead Space, but it was where I least expected it. Spoiler ahead:
The ending CGI, did not expect that
Maybe I'll just play through Silent Hill and **** my pants enough that I can't **** them again.

Are you immune though? You'll find out if you do play SH2 I'm sure.
Yeah that game was def the hardest to play I can think of, and I haven't played the SH series since PS2 days. I'll let you know when I get back to it I guess :D.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
The ****ing final boss of The Lord of the Rings: Third Age. Such a terrible game, but I played it all the way through, but the final boss is just impossible, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom