• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's The First Anime You Ever Watched?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It's hard to say. We checked a lot of animes out on VHS from our local library, specially sailor moon and Pokemon, but there was also a lot of anime on Saturday morning cartoons, like Yu-Gi-Oh and Sonic X. Don't remember the name of the channel because it changed so frequently, but I remember 4kids most prominently, though I remember it being called something else when I was younger. I used to like all those shows but they've aged pretty badly
It was WB Kids first and they used to play stuff like Jackie Chan Adventrures, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I remember watching a lot of Pokémon Johto on there. Eventually they started calling it 4kids.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
My first one was Jungle Book: Shounen Mowgli, except the VHS copies I have only call it Jungle Book. I got them as a birthday present for my 5th birthday. Didn’t know for a long time that it was an anime and only really watched it through when I was in my late teens as it has around 52 episodes, and my two VHS volumes only had the first 6.

The first anime I probably watched all the way through knowing it was anime would have either been Noir, or .hack//SIGN. I watched them both around the same time and I’m not sure which one I watched first.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
It was WB Kids first and they used to play stuff like Jackie Chan Adventrures, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I remember watching a lot of Pokémon Johto on there. Eventually they started calling it 4kids.
I remember both the old ninja turtles where they weren't allowed to use their weapons on tv and the new one that was edgier and I bet inspired by Batman tas

Waffle Dee

A Waddle Dee who works at Kirby’s Café
The first panime i ever watched was pokémon x and y

Before I even knew the distinction between anime and your average western cartoon, I pretty much grew up watching Sailor Moon. In fact, I think I lost my first tooth biting into a cookie while watching it. Man. I also think Mars in particular shaped the way I view my ideal relationship. :P

I got the entire series on dvd maybe a year ago? Because I’ve never watched the entire thing. To my disappointment I didn’t realize it’s not the same dub, and it may not be possible to find the original. There are some legitimate arguments for the new dub, but it is very hard to watch when the old one is so ingrained in my memory.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
The first anime I watched was Snow White with the Red Hair. It's a cute fantasy romance with some sword-fighting action sprinkled in. It's really good, even after watching other high-quality anime I still love this one a lot. I watched half of season 1 by myself, and then had my sis watch both seasons with me. We both had a great time! I tend to enjoy watching shows a lot more with other people.

It definitely got me started in watching anime, but I don't think one single anime got me obsessed. I just kept watching more and more and realizing how great anime actually is. Now I'm a total fanatic haha

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
oh yeah my actual answer; I have vague memories of Dragon ball, Yu Gi Oh, and Pokemon being on TV when I was really young, but I couldn't recall a single thing about them so I don't know if I'd count those, though there's bits of Pokemon movies and stuff that I would catch a glimpse of throughout childhood

the first that I would say I paid any real attention to was Romeo x Juliet when I was around 13-ish? I can't remember how I came across it but the episodes were on youtube and I got curious and gave it a look and I got pretty into it, though I think the uploader didn't have anything past episode 15 or so, so I couldn't finish it until way later, but discounting vague memories of Pokemon, I'd call Romeo x Juliet my first

I think it was Beyblade, which I watched dubbed a lot as a kid. I don't remember much about the plot, vaguely that there was a kid who didn't have a Beyblade who was tagging along and that I thought the main rival/villain was pretty cool? Which probably actually means I thought his Beyblade was cool considering I don't even remember his name anymore. Either that or Pokemon Indigo League-- I think I watched them close to the same time.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Technically the first anime I watched was Pokemon. As a child though, I considered it just a cartoon and didn't really know what anime was.

In fact, I hated anime up until about age 12...I watched the movie Spirited Away and was captivated by how beautiful the visuals and storytelling was, and wanted to see more media from Japan. Still one of my favorite movies of all time. Many of my friends at the time recommended I watch Naruto (this was around 2006/2007 when the series was going strong), so that was really the anime I consider to be my first, and had the most impact on my life from that point on. Funny thing is, I always preferred shoujo anime back then, but after rewatching Naruto a few months ago, I enjoyed it a lot more as an adult. I used to dislike the character of Naruto as I found him annoying, but watching through the whole series I can honestly say he's an amazing character and I admired how he persisted even though everyone thought he was a loser and would never become anyone special.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
My first anime was Demon Slayer. I read the manga first, then watched the anime a couple months later. Some of you probably actually remember this, it was only a couple years ago. For a good year I was "a demon slayer fan, not an anime fan". Then I was rereading the Demon Slayer manga and the friend I was borrowing from brought me My Hero Academia, which i enjoyed, and so obviously I had to watch the anime thus I got crunchyroll and yeah. My anime list is now like 20 shows long and I regret nothing.

(On a side note the first episode of Demon Slayer season 3 dropped today and I'm so excited to watch it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom