• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Whats the Difference Between MM Gold and Grey Cartridges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talicor

Bringer of Dragons
okay well the title says it all im asking this because i have a gold hologram MM cartridge and i wanted to know whats different between it and the standard grey version (because ive only played the gold cartridge) if you can answer this please do!! :D

skippybake420

IronKnuxSurge
As far as i know i dont think theres any story difference or anything like that (not 100% sure) but i know that the gold ones have a lot more glitches you can perform but i always thought they were for decoration, i owned the golden mm cartridge as well and i also have collector's edition and there hasn't been any differences i've noticed...except that the collector's edition seems to freeze a lot and the N64 never did that to me.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
(Hint: there are no Grey MM cartridges).

At least, not ones that were ever sold to the general public... you either got a Gold cartridge with a holographic label, or a Gold cartridge with a plain label, with no ingame difference between them. ^^

And yeah, skippy, the GC Collector's Edition version reportedly does freeze/glitch a lot, simply due to the fact they transfered it from its original format onto a disc (at least, that's Nintendo's excuse, though mine never freezes much anyway).

[/thread déjà vu]

Last edited:

Teal

Useful Help.
Hey beworn grey majora's mask catridges can contain ben :rolleyes: but there is no Grey Catridges.

Teal.

BloodKnight88

bringer of despair
i have the hologram label cartridge as well as the GC version, i can't seem to recall either of them freezing much at all. but i think they have at least a few times. although haven't played them in a while. might do so just to confirm if either of them freeze after any length of time.

K

Keaton

There are NO grey Majora's Mask game cartridges!!
Well if you're a collector, the hologram one is apparently more rare than the plain one but frankly, the plain one is far harder to come across. There is no difference between the two except for the outsides. The gold vs. grey Oot cartridges are a completely different story though :P grey is usually a version 1.1 or 1.2 where the Ganondorf's blood has changed colour and quite a few glitches have been fixed. Some grey ones may be 1.0, but gold will always be version 1.0.
i have three copies of the collectors edition version for gamecube and they rarely glitch or freeze up on me.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom