• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Whats Better Hookshot OR Grappling Hook?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Hi there and welcome to the forums.

In the Wind Waker, I liked the Grappling Hook more, because there was more creativity behind the concept of th item, and you had it for a longer period of time during the game. It was also useful for pulling up sea treasures which was used during the entire game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I found the Hookshot to be better in usage but the GHook has a better concept behind it and it did feel a bit more "fun" to use. Swinging from wooden batons like a mini Tarzan never gets old! xD

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I found the Hookshot to be better in usage but the GHook has a better concept behind it and it did feel a bit more "fun" to use. Swinging from wooden batons like a mini Tarzan never gets old! xD

This is pretty much how I feel about it. The grappling hook has a nice, adventurous, somewhat Indiana Jones/Tarzan feel to it, and I really like that aspect. I think I enjoyed using the grappling hook more than the hookshot for crossing gaps and such, but found myself favoring the hookshot as soon as I got it due to its combat applications. So, I can’t really decide.

The hookshot has always been a useful, well designed item, which probably is why it’s been featured in many games. The grappling hook was an interesting item with other unique applications that I liked. They’re both good items.

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
The Grappling hook was more fun and you could use it to so much more than the Hook shot. I like the Hook shot too but the Grappling hook was just better.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
The hookshot can do more, be used for more, I think. You can only use the grappling hook in certain places for certain reasons.

Even though the grappling hook is VERY fun, I don't find it all that useful.

This is basically how I feel, although to some degree I find the comparison of the two a bit odd. The Grappling Hook is for swinging, and the Hookshot pulls you straight to things. But I guess the base use and idea is basically the same, so meh. The Grappling Hook was a more unique item, and I think its mild limitations actually made it more compelling and fun, whereas the Hookshot is just the same old thing, but more useful. I'd have rathered they not included the Hookshot at all and had just done more with the Grappling Hook.

The Grappling Hook in Phantom Hourglass was so much better. THAT is one of the greatest Zelda items of all-time.

Hook shot. Why: it has a longer distance.
Um. The Grappling Hook can be used on Valoo's tail, which hangs from the top of massive cavern. Your point is invalid. :P

The Boomerang.

Isn't it obvious that it's better? :D
Cheater. That doesn't even do anything vaguely similar. THAT is a strange comparison. :P

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
I think the Grappling Hook is better. It's got ten times more uses then the hookshot in my opinion. The hookshot in WW is like the Boomerang in OoT. You didn't really get to use it that long. In WW, you the hookshot when you're almost finished with the Wind Temple and hardly use it after. In my opinion at least. In OoT, you get the boomerang in JabuJabu's Belly and only use it then. I think the grappling hook is great because you use it a lot and it helps steal items.:)

H

Honey Pie

Grappling Hook because it can steal items from enemies. I wish you could do that in other games.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I believe I had more use for the Grappling Hook so I will have to say that it is better. Useful items are better in general. The only problem is to decide what does count as useful and what does not. But I do however think that the Hookshot is a more interesting and spectacular item. It is a fast dynamic tool that feels unique and very "Zelda" to me :)

Pen

The game is on!
The Grappling Hook and the Hookshot were used in two different ways in WW, so you can't really say which is better. That's like comparing the Iron Boots with the Deku Leaf. Anyway, if I would pick my favorite item out of those two, it would be the Grappling Hook. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom