• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda Might Be the Best First One

What Zelda would you present?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Adventures of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majoras Mask

• Oracle Series

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword?

• Total voters

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
If you were to ever, present Zelda to somebody that its complety oblivious of its exsitance, knows nothing about Nintendo; what Zelda game would you present to him(her?)

Take in mind they cant really be sequels because then the individual wouldnt understand what is going on, and what you want is to get him(her?) on to Zelda.

So what would be it

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
For me, it would be A Link to the Past for sure. If there were one game I should pick to define or represent the Zelda series, it would be ALttP. It has one of the classic formulas that several other Zelda games follow: the introduction to a problem, three dungeons, Master Sword, plot twist, couple more dungeons, the Ganon. I also believe that is brought a strong positive impact, one that was very important as well. Would Ocarina of Time have been the grand success it was if it were not for ALttP? OoT was very obviously based off of ALttP. ALttP also offers pretty good gameplay, sound/music and graphics for its time.

Last edited:

squadala

I don't like you either
Ocarina of Time was my first and a good first. I have introduced several of my friends to the Zelda series through OoT and they have become avid players. OoT has everything a good game needs, great story, simple yet challenging, excellent control scheme, etc. While a newbie to the series may become frusterated due to MM time, or ALttP's hardness level, OoT is the perfect balance of everything.

I would probably say Twilight Princess. Just because in my opinion, it was a little easier than most Zelda games, and Graphically it's beautiful.

I voted for Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. Before you shoot me for voting for 4 of them, let me say that I would choose each one in a different situation. Wind Waker for a younger person. LTTP for someone who likes harder games (or older style games). OOT for someone who has heard how historic it is and wants to "start from the beginning." And TP for most people, because it's relatively easy, deeply engaging, and above all, gorgeous.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
Wind Waker. To me, it just seems like a game everyone should try. I mean, it has the best story in the series (opinion) and also has that whole adventuring part of the series, because for the most part, the game's nonlinier. After you get done with Dragon Roost Island, you can go anywhere on the Great Sea. Plus the graphics are awesome, and the gameplay is only beaten by the Wii version of Twilight Princess for me.

mattsimme

Trappy
Twilight Princess would be a good first game. I think it would be easier to get into for new Zelda players because it is fairly new and it has great graphics.

i pick ocarina of time and skyward sword because oot was first in the timeline but now with ss coming out they say it's first so i said both of them. because you should start at the beginning of a story when you first play it. just like reading a new book series you start from the beginning.

Zarom

The King
I would suggest them either Ocarina Of Time or Wind Waker. I'm leaning more towards OOT though, because I feel it's more traditionnal and it represents the series very well. As much as I like some of the older games, I think they could be too hard for a new player. But yeah, I think OOT would be the better option.

Ocarina of Time, after all, it is the most known, and for me it just sucks you right in...Twilight Princess would also do the job...

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
I would say ALttP or WW because ALttP has a great foundation for the rest of the series, while WW is an easy game that might suit beginners well.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I would start with OoT because it is a great defining game for people now. I find that is the game that most people started with, and the reason I feel for this is because it does have a general line that you should follow, but with enough side quests in order to keep people playing.
I wouldn't say MM, because I find that people get confused with all of the side quests and lack of direction in that game.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Of course it depends on the type of gamer (plus I'm assuming console Zeldas only): For a casual gamer, I'd say either WW or TP, mainly depending on the player's graphical preference. A bit more advanced gamers could start with aLttP or OoT (whatever one is more familiar with, 2D or 3D) and continue with MM (but one shouldn't start with MM directly, it's best to play OoT before). "Hardcore" gamers who can beat Ninja Gaiden or Castlevania without any problems should go for AoL and LoZ (but it's very likely that such gamers have already beaten the NES Zeldas long ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom