• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Would You Think About DLC for OoT3DS?

So just this morning I read an article on IGN about how Nintendo was planning on having Downloadable Content for both the 3DS and the Wii U: apparently they'll have it ready to launch for the 3DS by the end of the year. Now, the obvious applications of this would be to games such as Mario Kart (I wouldn't be surprised if that was the first thing they made DLC for, as it's coming out at the end of the year) and Smash Bros. However, what if they made an expansion for OoT3DS through DLC?

Now, I highly doubt that that's likely, as they didn't want to change the core game when they re-released it on the 3DS anyways. However, just think or a moment: with this, the game could be kept in all its original glory - or if you wanted, you could download an expansion that would include lost things such as the Light Temple.

Nintendo already did something sort of similar with their BS Zelda games, where you had to download a new episode every day (or something like that.) Like I said before, I doubt they would go in for this. But it would be cool, and it's interesting to think about. What's your opinion? Terrible idea? Could be cool? Have any idea for what else they might do through DLC?

L

Linkmeister

it sounds like it could be cool but like you said, i highly doubt they will ever do it. but it would be cool to have DLC for like more challenge modes like a temple challenge or something.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If Nintendo pulled through with official DLC for OoT3D, they would absolutely have to make the Ura Zelda content come to life. You know, it would be an expansion to Master Quest or maybe even base OoT. New enemies, Unicorn Fountain, Light Temple, Sword Beams, and more could find it's way into OoT. Whether or not they would make it overpriced like a lot of the DLC on PSN/XBL is, I'm not sure. It certainly is a good idea, as long as the DLC if priced is of good quality (I don't want 4 new areas for $15...)

V

VerdaStarr

I would love that, what kind of DLC would you guys want?

Jedizora

:right:
I can't see it happening. Unless they added a feature to make the original graphics appear instead.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Extra, side dungeons that could only be played on completion of the game (so it would add the 'post game' option that Tri Ace games are so well known for), and maybe a 'Challenge game plus', which would allow retention of all items gained on your previous playthrough, but would limit your hearts to 3 and you take not double but triple damage. :D

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
First off, I think that it is highly unlikely to have downloadable content for OoT. Just because, it could pose a problem for the main quest. Just saying.

But, if Nintendo decided to make DLC for my favorite Zelda, it would be very interesting. Maybe have new sidequests, new dungeons, ways to upgrade and make your weapons stronger. I wouldn't mind having an extra dungeon here or there to get more stuff to use on my quest. There are endless possibilities to DLC they could add to make an OoT experience better.

The only thing that I have a problem with is that, if they make the extremely awesome OoT even better, could it possibly be overkill? I wouldn't want them to add so much to the game that it would take away from the main quest. I didn't like the amount of DLC they had for the 3DS game Samurai Warriors, and if they did that for OoT, it would just ruin it for me.

Depending on how they do it, DLC for OoT could be great. Or it could turn out to be a disaster.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Before you ask if there should be DLC for the game, you should maybe ask yourself, "Does it need any, where would it fit, what could it add to the game?"

The awnsers are, No, Nowhere, and Nothing. It would be kinda pointless to have DLC for a single player only game. Ocarina of Time is a masterpiece that shouldn't be disturbed...

Also, Nintendo said they are adding DLC to there systems because they want third party developers to have the freedom to do what they want. They said they weren't planning on using it for there first-party titles.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Before you ask if there should be DLC for the game, you should maybe ask yourself, "Does it need any, where would it fit, what could it add to the game?"

The awnsers are, No, Nowhere, and Nothing. It would be kinda pointless to have DLC for a single player only game. Ocarina of Time is a masterpiece that shouldn't be disturbed...

That's a silly statement. Have you never played Oblivion, Fallout, or L.A. Noire? All three are single-player only games, and all three have DLC available. DLC for single-player games adds new content to play through, extending the life and replay value of your game. If it weren't for the new cases every month or so, I would have returned L.A. Noire a long time ago.

I think they could add some optional, non-plot important dungeons to Ocarina of Time. It would certainly be a very cool thing to see - something akin to the Palace of the Four Sword in A Link to the Past GBA.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I watched a part of the ZD Podcast recently posted to YouTube, and they mentioned how they felt that with Ocarina of Time 3D, in playing it safe and keeping things the same, it was something of a missed opportunity to add to and recreate such a big game, and opportunity they won't have for a long time. I imagine if they were to implement DLC, though, this could very well be remedied. They can still play it safe by keeping the main gameplay itself the same, but they could add, say, a downloadable door or character somewhere in Hyrule (there would likely be a minimum progress through the game before you can access certain things) that leads to additional content. They'd have to be rather careful with this--don't change too much, but add on extra areas that add to the game. The best idea I've heard is dungeons, and they could certainly do something with a dungeon like the Light Temple. Just add a door to the back of the room where you get the Master Sword upon downloading the dungeon, and you have full access to a finished and 3DS-optimized version of the Light Temple.

Also, Nintendo said they are adding DLC to there systems because they want third party developers to have the freedom to do what they want. They said they weren't planning on using it for there first-party titles.
DLC is totally optional, and as such, it shouldn't significantly ruin anything for OoT3D, if it's included. DLC would satisfy both those who want to see more in the game and those who would just like things as is. "Replay-ability" is always good in my book. Also, being optional usually means that Nintendo won't add content significant to the canon, because that would defeat the DLC's original purpose, as you would be kinda "forced" to purchase it to complete the game's story... (rendering the DLC no longer optional)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom