• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds What Would You Like to See From This "Harder" Mode?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Source and whatnot ;J

So with the growing popularity of higher difficulty modes being introduced into Zelda games, it seems their latest installment, A Link Between Worlds, is following suit.

Now, there are many ways to go about rasing difficulty, but which way is the best and what would you like to see in this particular unlockable mode? Hero Mode and Master Quest are going to be obvious choices here, so maybe you prefer one over the other or maybe you want something a little bit different?

Nevertheless, post what you'd like to see below.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Second quest no less, completely changed dungeons and overworld if that's possible. Altered enemy placement at the very least.

Salem

SICK
What do I want from the "Harder" mode:
  1. double damage, just like the hero mode from SS and WWHD.
  2. don't get hearts from enemies, pots and grass, rely on bottles for recovery, like Hero mode of SS and WWHD.
  3. remixed dungeon but unlike OoT, I want them to be completely changed like the original LoZ.
  4. the overworld to be different, or at least "remixed" or a mirror mode of some sort just like OoT3D.
  5. Change the location of dungeons as well, just like the original NES LoZ.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i just want it to actually Piss me off every once and a while to tell you the truth. i cant remember the last time i got mad, or rage quit a zelda game....okay yeah i can, it was 1989 playing AoL and i was 4! So yeah!

im not too worried about this game though, it is looking great, the upgrades are right at what i was asking for, actually changing how items function (ive only seen the three shot Bow but still). So to tell you the truth i dont care how they go about making it more difficult, just as long as its more difficult!

Source and whatnot ;J

So with the growing popularity of higher difficulty modes being introduced into Zelda games, it seems their latest installment, A Link Between Worlds, is following suit.

Now, there are many ways to go about rasing difficulty, but which way is the best and what would you like to see in this particular unlockable mode? Hero Mode and Master Quest are going to be obvious choices here, so maybe you prefer one over the other or maybe you want something a little bit different?

Nevertheless, post what you'd like to see below.

Everything we have had before, but also more aggressive enemy AI. Double damage is great and all, but if you can avoid the enemy the whole time on regular, you will obviously be able to in hero mode if the AI is unchanged.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
How about this, letting us play the harder game from the start rather then having to unlock it. Sometimes you beat a game and don't feel motivated to play it again, so the 2nd quest goes unplayed or at least unfinished, like with me and skyward sword/ windwakers.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
What would be really cool would be Randomized Dungeons like Diablo Does! although that would work better with a FS game!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Why would it work better with a FS game? Anyway, that's a great idea for a harder mode.

Well the main reason i say it would be better for a FS game, would be for the replay value, and they could get away with a lot more changes being made to it being a Zelda game, im guessing some people are like me and have a hard time considering them Cannon for what ever reason they feel. and its multi player, they could make each Link a different class so that every person could create a link suited to their play style, making team work more of a thing.....

Basically im just saying it would be Sick, if they made an almost Diablo Clone with the LoZ Lore and shiz! Thats why i say it would work better for a FS game. It would just be more conventional. But by all means if they could make it work in a single player top-down Zelda game then heck yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom