• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword What Would You Have Focused On?

If we ignore Skyward Sword's existence for a moment and then ask you to craft a prequel to the entire Zelda series what would you have done?

Would you have crafted a new Story as SS did and neglect many unanswered questions?
Or would you have focused on something like the Sheikah or the Oocca?

Would you have gone to the very beginning of Hyrule, a beginning where no wars had been waged by unknown boss enemies, or would you have started later in Hyrule's life?

What would you have done if you were given the opportunity to craft the beginnings of Zelda?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Or would you have focused on something like the Sheikah or the Oocca?

"The common opinion is that Hyrule was created by the Hylia people, the race closest to the gods, but...truth be told, there's also a theory saying that in ancient times, there was a race even closer to the gods than the Hylia people, and THEY created it."

A prequel set before Hyrule existed as a nation and there was nothing about the Oocca. The number of sads I had was in the double digits. I honestly do not think that we really needed to specifically see how The Master Sword was created (especially when that explanation basically contradicts the few details we had in the first place) and since Skyward Sword was billed so much as a prequel they should have taken the chance to explain something that actually needs explaining, like, say, the founding of Hyrule. Makes more sense when you consider that the previous console Zelda introduced the idea of the founding of Hyrule so why was the point totally ignored? When they revealed that SS would begin in a city in the sky I naturally presumed the Oocca would at the very least feature in the game but, sadly, that was not the case.

If it was up to me, I definately would have focused on the founding of Hyrule and the Oocca's role in history. I believe that would have been a much better aspect of the lore to delve into than the creation of The Master Sword.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
since Skyward Sword was billed so much as a prequel they should have taken the chance to explain something that actually needs explaining, like, say, the founding of Hyrule.

I think we all know that's impossible seeing how the founding of Hyrule was merely 8-9 years before the start of OoT.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I think we all know that's impossible seeing how the founding of Hyrule was merely 8-9 years before the start of OoT.

The unified Hyrule, anyway. I'm assuming the kingdom of the Hylians existed long before that, previous to subjugating the other races.

Skyward Sword's prequel story certainly could have been better executed and seemed to present the ever famous series cliche or three dungeons followed by a plot twist but I appreciated seeing the backstory of the Master Sword and Triforce expounded.

I've always wanted to see the origins of the Sacred Realm explained and was disappointed to not see Hylia's light force or similar benign entity wisp Demise off to some dark corner where he would writhe in agony for eternity. Zelda lore already provides us with much intel on the subject especially in ALttP's intro but it would be nice to see this occur on screen. "May people tried to enter the Golden Land,"; this would be the ideal breeding ground for a larger warlike scale I've wanted to see in at least one Zelda game.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
According to the Deku Tree sprout there was a war when Link was a baby (0-1 years old I guess) and that this was before the King created the Kingdom of Hyrule.

No, as Curmudgeon said, that was when the King unified Hyrule. The Kingdom of Hyrule existed a long time before that, like, during The Minish Cap, for example, and Four Swords.

See, if Nintendo had focused on the founding of Hyrule in Skyward Sword all of this would be much clearer.

DarkestLink

No, as Curmudgeon said, that was when the King unified Hyrule. The Kingdom of Hyrule existed a long time before that, like, during The Minish Cap, for example, and Four Swords.

See, if Nintendo had focused on the founding of Hyrule in Skyward Sword all of this would be much clearer.

Ehhh I brush that off at Capcom simply not caring for the timeline. The Hyrule in MC looks just as unified as the one in OoT.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
This is Genius!

In the days before the kingdom was unified a great legend existed. The Triforce which lay in the Golden Land. Many in Hyrule seek out its power for their own purposes. Eveyone is seeking a way into the Golden Land, which is said to lie behind a great stone doorway in the midst of the city of Hyrule. One day the king of the city finds a young boy starving on the streets and takes him in. The boy grows up, but is a secret as the royal family cannot mingle with commoners. The king tells the boy he can prove himself worthy of royalty if he can save the land from the brewing crisis as enemies grow closer to the city. Link sets out to prove himself. He then sets out on his journey. He first battles an invading army of monsters. Then he is confronted by an army of wicked wizards called the Interlopers led by a monstrous man called (Idk). He travels to their fortress, and he frees a young girl he finds called Zelda and her young baby. He finally confronts the Interlopers but is defeated and cast over a cliff into a river. The mages then take over the city of Hyrule and start using spells to try and open the door to the sacred realm. Link then awakens in a mysterious glowing white area. There he is actually meets Nayru, Farore, and Din. They tell him they are forbidden by their father to interfere with morals anymore, but they tell him the legendary Triforce is their creation and they must stop it. They channel all their powers into Links sword, creating the Master Sword, and they tell Link he must gather allies to defeat such a force as the mages. He will need an army and seven powerful sages to defeat the Interlopers. Link is given seven talismans to give to those he deems worthy to be the Sages; hes told it will bestow power and wisdom upon them. Link then goes about quests finding seven sages from the same races as the ones in OoT. They would be people you met before in the game. He rediscovers Zelda and makes her the Sage of Time. Link then has to go through dungeons to prove himself to the Goron, the Zora, and the Zora king Ganondorf. Then he goes to find his father the king and his knights. He ends up saving them from attacking mages. His father tells his son he is worthy of being king in an emotional moment. Then they all storm the city of Hyrule in an epic battle. Eventually all the main characters make their way to the door and confront (Idk). He manages to open the door and get inside. You can see the Triforce shining from the door and you know you can't let him have it. You tell Zelda to seal the door behind you and the sages create the Ocarina of Time. There's a big sad moment with Zelda and your father, but she ends up using the Ocarina to seal the door. Ganondorf smiles menacingly as he watches you leave affair. In the Sacred Realm, you engage in a massive series of battle with (Idk). Eventually you defeat him. Then you aren't sure of what to do, but the goddesses tell you to leave the sword by the gate, for a new Hero could be needed. You do this and then set off into the Sacred Realm for a whole new adventure. Outside, the Interlopers stage a massive battle, and Zelda is hit by an arrow. She is seen running away into the woods to the south as the city burns in the backround. You at last see the king victorious, and the sages banish the Interlopers to the Twighlight realm. The final shot is of Zelda laying her baby at the foot of the great Deku Tree while the Kokiri watch on. It's not finished, but that would have been an awesome prequel.

I would have been focused on the game. They should have put more time into the motion control to make sure people wouldn't complain and say that it was faulty.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
come on

Nintendo put tons of effort into motion control and I loved it. It simply suffers form the fact that know one has done it before, but that's nintendo: always innovating

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If I could do anything with the prequel to the Zelda series, I'd focus on three things:
- The Shiekah; this race is very mysterious but I'd love for Nintendo to elaborate on their origins and that tear-symbol. They were kind of hinted at in Twilight Princess, but nothing really came out of Zelda's wardrobe nor Impaz' name being excruciatingly similar to Impa of OoT. I guess I could say that the Sheikah's origins were touched upon int he final product SS, but I felt it was a tad weak in presentation.

- The Dark Interlopers; I really loved TP's insane cutscene featuring the Dark Interlopers, and this Zelda Prequel would've been the perfect place to showcase 'em. Here's the cutscene though just for reference
[video=youtube;VRa14eIa750]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRa14eIa750[/video]

- The Master Sword REDUX; Yes yes, I know SS showed the origin of the Master Sword but it was truly a byproduct in the release. I would make the forging and original state of "the master sword" be infinitely more grand than what it was.

Ehhh I brush that off at Capcom simply not caring for the timeline. The Hyrule in MC looks just as unified as the one in OoT.

Nintendo confirmed it in HH. If you're gonna brush off official word, you might as well brush off the games eh?

DarkestLink

Nintendo confirmed it in HH. If you're gonna brush off official word, you might as well brush off the games eh?

Pretty much. I can't take anything seriously in Zelda story and continuity.

1) Nintendo doesn't take it seriously. They don't even care. They've made this clear countless times. Paticularly Miyamoto.

2) The timeline is so screwed up that they ended up putting the origin story at the end of it. Anyone who had a shred of concern for continuity would have just declared some of these games uncanon rather than put the tragedy of Zelda the first at the end and just pretend the other 6013 Zeldas didn't exist.

3) The timeline contradicts itself like hell.

In this case though, I figured MC was just a huge contradiction that Nintendo was stuck with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom