• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Do If You Won The Lottery?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Searched for a like thread, couldn't find one.

It's a simple enough question but I'll say it again: what would you do if you won the lottery?

You suddenly go from being you as you are now to being you but a multi-millionaire. What do you do and why do you do it?

Also, in the UK, when you win a jackpot on the Lottery, you can opt to remain anonymous. This prevents your name being released to the press (as big winners on the Lottery usually make the headlines over here). So, in addition to telling us what you would do, would you choose to remain anonymous or would you have your win announced to the world?

---

I would absolutely remain anonymous. If my dad ever found out I was a multi-millionaire I'd never get rid of him. Also, I know plenty of other people who'd come crawling out of the woodwork trying to get their filthy hands on my newfound wealth. I wouldn't want that to happen so anonymous I would remain.

As for what I'd do, first thing would be to go to a private dentist, have ever single one of my teeth pulled out and replaced by those fancy false ones that they screw into the bone. My teeth aren't even bad, they're just not perfect. I don't like them and so I would start my life as a rich man by getting rid of them and replacing them with brilliant new ones that were perfect and amazing and dazzled everyone :D

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Wow this is such a hard question haha!

Well the moment I have realised that I just won I would probably....Get up casually and act like nothing happened then I would slowly walk out of my house, then I would remove my top, while running round like a wild animal, while screaming like a girl :P

In the hope that I don't get arrested for my actions :/ The first thing I would do is drop out of my current College! I hate A-Levels, too much stress and pressure and even the fact that I want to go to University, with all that money who needs a job right?

However one of my main goals in life is to set up a business and with all that money I would indeed be able to set up whatever business I would like! I would probably set up my own Golf Course as well as a business in teaching Golf. I would also probably move to New Zealand, even though we are planning on moving within the next couple of years it would just make it much easier with all that money as buying a house finding a job Ect. Would be problem free :)

Of course there would be a lot of things I would buy but I am not going to get in that long list haha! But I would definitely give money to all the people important in my life or people who have helped me, especially my Mom! I know money isn't the most important thing in life but it would be neat to win the the lottery but I would rather work hardand earn how much money I get...There is no better feeling that getting a reward for all the hard work you put in for it :)

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Hmmm, if I won the lottery I imagine I'd have a heart-attack and then proceed to die. However, if that didn't happen, then i would stay anonymous and probably cut all ties to the people I know. Well, I wouldn't do that, but I wouldn't "invest" in that "family business" that I've never even heard of. Also, I would probably get my hair trimmed, it's been awhile since I've done that.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Probably keep a fair amount for me and the rat to my parents. Any amount of money I receive over $10, I give them to my parents. They need it more than I do.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If I won the lottery, I'd instantaneously give 25% of what I won to my parents. I know parents do a ton of **** for their children, so it's only fair for me to repay them right? Even if they bug the hell out of me lol. After that, I'd give another 25% directly to poor people; I wouldn't give it to some charity or any of that, because I am VERY skeptical of where my money goes. There's a saying that goes somewhat similar to "once you give the money away, it's in God's hands" and I believe that saying, but I still like to see for myself where the cash goes. People these days are stingy with cash and if they have their hands in it, they'll keep it forever.

NEXT, I'd keep 25% for me and any family I might have. The last 25% would...hell I don't even know. Savings? Go to poor people? Maybe me family members? lol

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I would buy a ton of stuff for my look, lots of clothes. I would buy lots of good foods always, and I'd just live without getting a job, if I had enough money I might buy some stuff for World Domination, but a world of guns like this, I wonder if it's worth controlling.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
If I won the lottery, I would absolutely remain anonymous. I don't need people I don't know clamoring after the money, too much stress.

I wouldn't change much, honestly. I WOULD immediately pay off my student loans, but then I wouldn't be able to build up a good credit score, so I'd instead pay them off at regular intervals like normal; I just wouldn't be stressed out over whether I had the money to pay it or not. Once my current car starts giving me problems (it's really good right now, not having any problems, it's a good little car) I'm gonna upgrade to a brand new car that is even more reliable. Once I'm out of school and out on my own I'd be able to afford a decent-sized home; not a gaudy mansion (that's unnecesary) but also not a slumhole (why should I debase myself to that?). Just something that fits my personal needs. I'd be able to move where the job goes and build up a good career using the money from lottery as an emergency fallback. Once I'm at the point of a steady income where I can live comfortably, I'd set up a donation to where every month I would donate what I didn't need to a charity of my choosing.

Buuuuuuut, if the amount won in the lottery was far bigger than anything I could plan for... I'd pay for a vacation into space. Gotta do something with that money while you still can, right?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The first thing I'm going to do is to make sure all the bills are paid and then I'm going to buy me a house and a car and probably move as well. And after this I'm going on a long vacation and my first destiny would be someone I love to meet for a long time now :D

The first thing I'd do is give money to my parents. I'd buy them a new house and cars if they wanted them, and I'd open up a bar for them; they both love drinking (not alcoholics; big difference), and it's been my dad's dream for a while to own and operate a bar. I'd give some money to my other family members as well.

The next thing I'd do is pay for my brother's college and set aside enough for mine.

Next I'd find good, authentic charities and donate thousands to each.

Then I'd take my family and my grandma out to visit my family members in other states.

Penultimately, I'd spoil myself. I'd buy myself a nice green Lamborghini. I'd also take my family on a nice vacation, probably a cruise, and perhaps even travel around the world as well, specifically to Europe.

And finally, I'd save the rest. I'd leave aside plenty to buy a house and support my current and future family when necessary. If I had enough money left over, I'd eventually buy multiple houses: one here in Dayton, Ohio; one up in Boston; one down in Florida; and one somewhere in the Caribbean. I'd also like to buy a yacht or multiple yachts and a private jet; I'd have a yacht at each house near a body of water and use the private jet to travel between places.

Once I had finally settled down, I'd embrace my spare time and write several novels. I may even try to get a rap career going since I'd have the time to and I would probably be somewhat famous already being a 15-year-old multimillionaire.

I'd remain anonymous and stash away the money in my bank accounts piece by piece.

Then, I'd pursue my dream to visit every country in the world with my friends and family.

Donating to charity is a great idea as well, the Salvation Army is my top choice.

I'm not sure if I would give money to a loved individual though as that may raise suspicion or jealousy. Perhaps generous birthday and holiday cash presents but nothing more.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
If I won the lottery, I would give a nice wad of money to my brother, and parents. I would then put the rest in a bank account little by little, and save it for post secondary education expenses, a new home, etc. Instead of giving friends and extended family money individually, I would love to travel to foreign countries with those I hold dear. I would also give some money away to charity.

And of course I'd spoil myself a bit and buy some not-too-expensive material items that I really don't need but always wanted. ^^

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I would give a third of the money to my parents, a third to good, local charities and disease researchers like cancer and asthma, and a third for myself to spend on things like video games, cosplay supplies and con tickets, and a Segway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom