• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess What Would Have Made the Game Live Up to It's Potential?

i just would have liked to know what happened longterm to Ilia and Colin and the gang? i really felt emotionally attached to these folks. Did Colin join the Hylian Knights? Is it possible for Ilia and Link to get together? Did Malo combine all the villages through evil corporate conglomerates? All the Zelda titles are great. The best ones have the great stories and music

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Wow, I'm glad to see a hastily thought out thread got so many great and lengthy responses. Very interesting, reading here from the obscurest corners of safe mode with networking on windows 7 due to my laptop being a virus-ridden ***** all of a sudden... anyway... (unrelated rant over)

My view on some of the proposals here
1) NO DARK LINK. I like Dark Link, sure, but as I said in the first post, do we really need to turn every Zelda game into a Zelda fanfiction? He can either be an enemy or he can not be in it at all, no hidden love stories or loveable antagonist or any of that please
2) Make it harder: please do
3) Ganon earlier on in the game might have been better. I mean, no, don't have him pop up really obviously and destroy the mystery, but also, don't make him a random surprise enemy at the end like they did. At least, as has been said, SS had a build up to Demise/ The Imprisoned true nature. It was filled with little hints.
4) Although I think the overworld is stunning, I do agree it was way too empty. I mean sure you can explore and stuff, but to be honest I don't find bug catching fun in any game and TP didn't give an inclination to explore in my opinion
5) It was not supposed to be OoT2. Sure, it was meant to be the next game in the series. I like the few references it made to OoT, but I wish it had stopped being all "look how much better I am than OoT! Look how much prettier I am! Look how I'm exactly the same but bigger!" no. It could have been "Look, here is a similarity to OoT for nostalgia/fan purposes but guess what, this game is called Twilight Princess!"

Wow, I'm glad to see a hastily thought out thread got so many great and lengthy responses. Very interesting, reading here from the obscurest corners of safe mode with networking on windows 7 due to my laptop being a virus-ridden ***** all of a sudden... anyway... (unrelated rant over)

My view on some of the proposals here
1) NO DARK LINK. I like Dark Link, sure, but as I said in the first post, do we really need to turn every Zelda game into a Zelda fanfiction? He can either be an enemy or he can not be in it at all, no hidden love stories or loveable antagonist or any of that please
2) Make it harder: please do
3) Ganon earlier on in the game might have been better. I mean, no, don't have him pop up really obviously and destroy the mystery, but also, don't make him a random surprise enemy at the end like they did. At least, as has been said, SS had a build up to Demise/ The Imprisoned true nature. It was filled with little hints.
4) Although I think the overworld is stunning, I do agree it was way too empty. I mean sure you can explore and stuff, but to be honest I don't find bug catching fun in any game and TP didn't give an inclination to explore in my opinion
5) It was not supposed to be OoT2. Sure, it was meant to be the next game in the series. I like the few references it made to OoT, but I wish it had stopped being all "look how much better I am than OoT! Look how much prettier I am! Look how I'm exactly the same but bigger!" no. It could have been "Look, here is a similarity to OoT for nostalgia/fan purposes but guess what, this game is called Twilight Princess!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom