• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

Ariel

Think for yourself.
If anyone notices any inconsistencies in the original post it is because I am editing. Please carry about your day as per usual and IGNORE THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAINS!

[video=youtube;q6qfp_z-ytk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6qfp_z-ytk&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Video about the Upgrade System.
Credits go to Zelda Informer, I opened a seperate thread for it here.

EDIT: I don't know if this has been brought up so far, but according to IGN there will be some kind of "second playthrough" and Boss Rush mode.
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/119/1193994p1.html

Last edited:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Thanks for the find. I must say, supply is greatly exceeding demand here. More info is being disseminated than I can process. I'm gonna be at this all night at this rate. Thank you.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Ok, I've saved my alterations offline. By the time I wake up, there will be another 20 things to add, guaranteed. Hope to finish in about 24 hours. Thank you, people.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
[video=youtube;q6qfp_z-ytk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6qfp_z-ytk&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Video about the Upgrade System.
Credits go to Zelda Informer, I opened a seperate thread for it here.

EDIT: I don't know if this has been brought up so far, but according to IGN there will be some kind of "second playthrough" and Boss Rush mode.
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/119/1193994p1.html

Dude, this is one wicked find!

Also, I'm not sure if this has been added yet, but here you go:

[video=youtube;lFzfx8f9tGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFzfx8f9tGM[/video]​

You just have to skip to about a minute before the end to find the good stuff. ^^

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Zora confirmed? It looks like it.

----------

Could be, but it could be a different aquatic race as well. I mean, Mogmas were the confirmed "fire element"-inhabiting race before we saw Gorons, so Nintendo is definitely adding new races. Until we see a physical Zora in the flesh, I wouldn't go so far as to say confirmed.

What can be confirmed though is a seemingly inhabited underwater territory, and some sort of underwater swimming gear.

Could be, but it could be a different aquatic race as well. I mean, Mogmas were the confirmed "fire element"-inhabiting race before we saw Gorons, so Nintendo is definitely adding new races. Until we see a physical Zora in the flesh, I wouldn't go so far as to say confirmed.

What can be confirmed though is a seemingly inhabited underwater territory, and some sort of underwater swimming gear.

Zora? Where?
Also, there does not seem to be underwater swimming gear in this video, Link's just wearing his normal tunic and boots, as far as I can see.
There seem to be bubbles in the water, so you can just collect air from those while swimming underwater.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
*CONTAINS SPOILERS*

[NOTE: CONTAINS SPOILERS!]
This is everything I've seen/collected out of all the new shtuff we've gotten today.

41newlady.png
To start us off, we have a new character. We don't know that much about her, but we DO know that she looks very much like a Sheikah. She has a tear painted under her left eye, and a red emblem/insignia painted on her forehead. In the picture I have it's hard to see, so I don't know EXACTLY what the emblem on her head looks like.

64beedle.png
13treehouseinskyloft.png
Beedle has returned! In the Gameplay Video you can hear the familiar "OH!" after you enter a floating house on Skyloft via a rope.

56boat.png
There is a boat in one of the videos, I forget which one though. :xd: What amazes me is how advanced the technology is this time around, considering this is the oldest game timeline-wise.

84anotherpenguin.png
60possiblythepenguin.png
I have drawn my own conclusions with these pictures. We know that in one of the earlier trailers, we saw a "penguin" of sorts (JuicieJ has it set to his Avatar if you don't know what I'm talking about). And with these two new "penguins" showing up, I think there's a whole race of "penguins" That dwell in the forest. Now, this is speculation, I'm only guessing, but it seems probable.

76clawshotindesert.png
14linkdiggingwiththecla.png
There are some "new" items popping up in these videos. The most notable are the Clawshots (unofficial name) and the Mole Mitts (unofficial name). There are others as well, like the "vacuum", the Butterfly Net (more on that in a sec), and the new upgrade-able shields, but the "Clawshots" and the "Mole Mitts" really caught my eye as to how they're used. For example, Link uses Phi's Treasure Seeking ability to locate a digging spot, and then uses the "Mole Mitts" to dig. I can't wait to see more of these items.
Treasure Hunting.jpg
Phi's Treasure Seeking ability.
34ecboh.jpg

Link and a Vacuum-type object.

77butterflycollecting.png
As stated above, there's a Butterfly Net that you can use. I have speculated that maybe you collect the butterflies in the same manner you collect the Golden Bugs in Twilight Princess. I don't know, just something to think about.

62aircombatpossiblywind.png
Looks to me that not all is calm in Skyloft. Looks like there'll be some Air Combat with Link's LoftBird. In the image provided, you see what looks like a flying fish-looking creature (Wind Fish anyone? No? Okay then... -.-). What's cool is how the combat works. It's all in the open, you're not enclosed and there is no boundaries, you can fly around your enemy in any way, and this opens up alot of new ways to strategize, look for weak points, etc.

13newswitchlookslikeacr.png
At first glance, this just looks like a Desert/Sand Temple. But, look where Link is standing. There's this new type of switch in front of him. Now I'm not sure if this switch is located in just this Temple/Dungeon, but it looks really cool; it resembles a chunk of diamond. We have seen many switches through-out the videos, most noted the one that's diamond-shaped and colors that one room in the Gear/Mechanic Temple/Dungeon.

51minecarts.png
71desertwithlinkhanging.png
These next pictures are some pictures of the Desert section of Hyrule (presumably). Now, we knew od the Desert section before, but now we're really seeing exactly what's in store. So, first off, we have some mine carts/rails scaling some sort of building. Then, we have Link riding on some sort of mechanism, scaling up some rocks.

39zeldainagown.png
47linkzelda.png
There's a thread on this already, but in a few scenes, we see Zelda in some sort of white gown and in the scene where Link and Zelda are on their date (at least, I assume it's their date, I don't know for sure...), Link takes Zelda's hand and kneels before her. Some people have said that it's just a kind gesture, but I'm on the "I thik they get married" band-wagon. But, I'm saying that these two pictures are connected in some way. Like, Zelda's wearing the gown because she' marrying Link, or something like that. Again, this is all speculation, I don't know for sure. I can't wait to find out though!

93royalfamileycrestnotr.png
We've seen this before in the Ghirahim Boss battle footage, but now we see it up close. It's the "Royal Crest", except the Triforce on top is missing. This is maybe because the Triforce either doesn't exist yet or they aren't aware of the Triforce yet. Also, holding your sword to the sky to charge it and then hitting the "crests" with the beam causes them to fly to Skyloft, and they'll unlock new minigames and islands. Maybe this is what Aonuma meant when he said "the Triforce sort of takes on a different meaning and plays a different role in the story." I can't be sure though.

That's about it. Keep on scrolling down for some miscellaneous pictures that didn't fit anywhere, and I'll see you guys later!
~Zeldahuman

Entering the Forest.jpg
Entering the Forest Area beneath the clouds.
Link Hanging.jpg
Random picture of Link hanging off the side of a ledge in Skyloft.
Link Running Into the Light.jpg
Link chasing after the new character.
Sailboat.jpg
Link on a Sailboat.

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
zeldahuman, you never fail to amaze me. Great job! :D

By the way, I have a post here that might contribute to this conversation. :) What interests me the most is the part where it looks like that whole forest area got flooded... Reminds me of the Great Flood in The Wind Waker.

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
zeldahuman, you never fail to amaze me. Great job! :D

By the way, I have a post here that might contribute to this conversation. :) What interests me the most is the part where it looks like that whole forest area got flooded... Reminds me of the Great Flood in The Wind Waker.
Thanks!

Yeah, when I re-watched the gameplay, when it got to the part where Link is swimming, I wanted to screen-cap stuff because I felt like there was something more to that area, but I didn't because couldn't pin-point it. I noticed the hole in the side of the "tree", and when I saw your post, I was like "OMG, THAT'S what I was referring to!"

You never fail to impress E.N. :yes:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Thanks!

Yeah, when I re-watched the gameplay, when it got to the part where Link is swimming, I wanted to screen-cap stuff because I felt like there was something more to that area, but I didn't because couldn't pin-point it. I noticed the hole in the side of the "tree", and when I saw your post, I was like "OMG, THAT'S what I was referring to!"

You never fail to impress E.N. :yes:

Aww, thank you. ^^

I'm still wondering how the water level got raised THAT high... I mean, if you look at the artwork for the tree... That's pretty high. X_X

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Aww, thank you. ^^

I'm still wondering how the water level got raised THAT high... I mean, if you look at the artwork for the tree... That's pretty high. X_X
Well, the artwork is from when the game was in early stages of development, so I mean, maybe they altered the area a little so it COULD flood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom