• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
Yeah, Ganon not being in the game will be interesting. I'm actually kinda happy about it because we'll get to see a brand new villain, but I wouldn't mind seeing maybe the origin of Ganon touched on in the game. It's going to be interesting also to see how the Triforce is going to be used in the game. Since this is before OoT it hasn't been seperated into three pieces yet.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Come on, do you want him in the game? He's not there.

Umm, what's wrong with having him in the game? And anyway it's just a possibility. We still don't know much about the game to even try to make such points for either side. It's always been Ganon/dorf vs Link just like it's always been Bowser vs Mario. So why not? How would it make the game flawed in anyway?

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
Hmm... Ganon isn't in it but they didn't say anything about Ganondorf. Could they be trying to pull a fast one on us?

That's if you believe Ganon and Ganondorf are not the same person. I personally think they are, but if Ganondorf does appear in the game then I guess that theory will be solved.

P

PikaLink

Actually, by "the Whole game will be like a dungeon", I think they mean that there will be less of a hub world (like hyrule field) and more puzzles to solve. I don't think they literally mean that the whole thing is a dungeon.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
That's if you believe Ganon and Ganondorf are not the same person. I personally think they are, but if Ganondorf does appear in the game then I guess that theory will be solved.

They refer to him as Ganon when he is in his pig form. When he is in human form he is referred to as Ganondorf. Yes I know people tend to just call him Ganon for short but maybe Nintendo is trying to be slick with us. We don't know for sure.

just recently i realized that the mini-map I thought i saw in the round table video is actuly the pieces of the key that we'll have to find for the mogmas.

The game is about to release and don't even have the confirmation of a mini-map, wow.

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
They refer to him as Ganon when he is in his pig form. When he is in human form he is referred to as Ganondorf. Yes I know people tend to just call him Ganon for short but maybe Nintendo is trying to be slick with us. We don't know for sure.

I always assumed Ganondorf was just the name of his humanoid persona, not an actual person that he controlled. But yeah, we don't know for sure.

No one wants him in the game. Not to mention his presence will feel out of place and rehashed, I prefer Ghirahim.

this. talking even with the most purist Zelda fans, everybody want a less predictable game. And so far so good. By having Ganon, we'd already predict that he would be locked up in the end or something like that. As for Ghirarim, anything can happen, and nobody here can do better than guessing.

S

SicSemper

Has anyone played the game yet? I played the demo at Comic-con and I remember trying to cut some grass in order to uncover some goodies, as an experienced player knows to do, only to find that I couldn't walk/run and swing my sword at the same time, but rather i stopped completely THEN swung my sword... It seemed odd to me. I'm not sure if this is completely true because my demo ended soon after. Confirmation would be great.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
this. talking even with the most purist Zelda fans, everybody want a less predictable game. And so far so good. By having Ganon, we'd already predict that he would be locked up in the end or something like that. As for Ghirarim, anything can happen, and nobody here can do better than guessing.

That's actually a good point.

Ganon/dorf guarantees that he will be sealed or temporarily defeated. With Ghirahim, there's no limit to what they can do with him. Even more excited now.

Has anyone played the game yet? I played the demo at Comic-con and I remember trying to cut some grass in order to uncover some goodies, as an experienced player knows to do, only to find that I couldn't walk/run and swing my sword at the same time, but rather i stopped completely THEN swung my sword... It seemed odd to me. I'm not sure if this is completely true because my demo ended soon after. Confirmation would be great.

This worries me. It would be a real step backwards if Link was unable to run and swing his sword at the same time like in Twilight Princess. Although it's a minor thing, Link kind of feels clunky when he has to stop, slash, pick up item.

Though, and I should update this, there will be significantly less pick-ups in grass when you cut it. I wonder how they're gonna compensate this....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom